rofl

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: rofl

Post by IskatuMesk »

No, I have no doubts that it will be a financial success. But in comparison to sc1 there's already a great deal of criticism for SC2's gameplay - no, not just from random blokes from me, but from people who actually have an opinion that's worth something. Professional gamers, coaches, entire teams. No, it won't make a difference; it has the Blizzard logo on it. It will sell, period.

Farmville - http://kokugamer.com/2010/05/08/farmville-juggernaut-zynga-might-leave-facebook-soon/
Don't you always end up raging against developers for not matching your precise requirements of a game?
No, I rage against lazy developers who putter around the bush half-assing their way to fame they don't deserve.
Mainstream, casual gaming is here and it's here to stay.
I think the whole "casual" thing is dramatically overblown. People label anything as casual either as a stereotype or even an insult these days and I don't really get how that all started. WoW? It's a crime to be "casual" in that game, or whatever people brand casual as. Why? I'm casual. Yeah, I buy less than 4 games a year and I spend every second day modding and trying to make content for games but I'm still casual. They're just players. Not regulars, not veterans, just players. Casual is an unfitting term. The only people who aren't casual gamers are those slanty-eyed super heroes in booths at the OSL.
That's fair enough, people have different social priorities and recreational tastes in life, while some of us take it more seriously and have grown up playing them for thousands of hours.
I think anyone who wants to live life to its fullest will avoid social aspects in their entirety. Companies are just trying to use that as a bullet point now to appeal to an audience that doesn't really exist, at least it didn't exist until they started trying to define it and segregate them from the communal mass.
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

Xel, you don't know casual gamers. There are people who buy maybe four games a year. They will play one game once per month for an hour. To them, games are just a diversion, a very mild form of entertainment when there's nothing on TV. That's fair enough, people have different social priorities and recreational tastes in life, while some of us take it more seriously and have grown up playing them for thousands of hours. Then you can go and see poopsockers who ... well, you'd rather not see them, just hear about their existence at most.
Sure I know those people, they're called girls. Kidding kidding.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Actually I'm starting to become extremely casual myself.  I can no longer spend all day on games, and I sometimes go months without touching one.  I think I've played about 4 total this year.  SC2, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and GTA: LCS.  I played about 6 hours of SC2, finished ME2, played about 25 hours of FFXIII, and about 4 hours of GTA:LCS.  All and all, not a whole lot of gaming going on.  Although Red Dead Redemption is extremely intriguing, I promised myself I wouldn't buy it till I finished GTA:LCS.  I guess I'll try giving it a serious go today, see if its still possible.

My time on SC2 probably shouldn't be misconstrued though.  I never played a single melee game in WC3 besides the campaigns.  I'm only interested in custom games.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

A great way to save movie is to swear you wont purchase a new game until you beat the current. If you don't beat it by the 50% sale (Steam) then buy it at 50%.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

Lavarinth wrote:A great way to save movie is to
avoid the impulse to microwave, bend, ignite or otherwise intentionally damage them.
No more humans, please.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Master Jademus Sreg wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:A great way to save movie is to
avoid the impulse to microwave, bend, ignite or otherwise intentionally damage them.
And by movie I mean money. Great move, Lavarinth, great move.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator