Yells of Freedom (Contest version Completed)

(June 6th, 2009 - June 15th, 2009) Completed: July 31st, 2009

Juch
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Re: Yells of Freedom (Contest version Completed)

Post by Juch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Church wrote:Here ya go.
Thanks! I see the campaigns from the rest of the contest are available here as well.

Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Yep. And if you need anything else, check out my campaign listing.
StarCraft Fan Campaign Listing

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Rawflesh0615
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Rawflesh0615 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:43 am

Omega20 really forgotten this campaign few years ago. No updates and no third story to focus on the Terran story. Omega finished some of his maps on the terran story and he never finished them. I want to see what happens to Jim Raynor from this story where he will be held in dominion prison. Not like in Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm, but which place Korhal? What would the third Terran story will focus on? Raynor Raiders? Terran Dominion?

chris

Post by chris » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:54 am

Rawflesh0615 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:43 am
Omega20 really forgotten this campaign few years ago. No updates and no third story to focus on the Terran story. Omega finished some of his maps on the terran story and he never finished them. I want to see what happens to Jim Raynor from this story where he will be held in dominion prison. Not like in Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm, but which place Korhal? What would the third Terran story will focus on? Raynor Raiders? Terran Dominion?
Omega20 left the StarCraft scene permanently after a plagiarism incident in 2010, you can blame iskatumesk for this. This campaign will not be completed and is in fact not recommended. It was evaluated as part of my efforts to QA all custom campaigns and it has scored 42% due to the extreme difficulty of the micro missions, the broken AI in the macro missions, and the lack of the final terran campaign.

Here is it's legacy:

Rawflesh0615

Post by Rawflesh0615 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:08 pm

chris wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:54 am
Rawflesh0615 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:43 am
Omega20 left the StarCraft scene permanently after a plagiarism incident in 2010, you can blame iskatumesk for this. This campaign will not be completed and is in fact not recommended. It was evaluated as part of my efforts to QA all custom campaigns and it has scored 42% due to the extreme difficulty of the micro missions, the broken AI in the macro missions, and the lack of the final terran campaign.

Here is it's legacy:

You might want to watch Yells of Freedom missions walkthrough played by DK, and please give me some criticism from every maps errors. Triggers, AI, story, dialogue grammar, and the character roles from each episodes.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBFImF1 ... ED6DOgjTuc

chris

Post by chris » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:22 pm

In response to your comment I decided to take another look at this and I realized that I was too harsh in my assessment in comparison to other stuff I have reviewed since then. A few scores have been readjusted. This puts the overall score at 50% which means its still bad but not terrible. It is recommended that you play starcraft interbellum by juxtapose instead of this as that campaign follows a similar plotline to this one while being much better made, more compact, and more true to the characters within the starcraft universe. Make sure to play enslavers (I recommend redux, but enslavers I and II on broodwar will do fine as well) before playing that though otherwise mission 6 will not make any sense.

I have no interest in playing through the campaign again to remember all the faults and tell you exactly what is wrong but I can tell you that mission 7 can be completed in 5 minutes by simply sending the guardians and devourers to the top right corner. No base is needed. Just destroy enough turrets for the overlord to go through and then drop in kerrigan who should have no trouble making it to the beacon. The micro missions are extremely frustrating with stupid triggers such as the ones that spawn soldiers from behind to ambush you and so on. You'll constantly have to reload, not because of mistakes you made but because of gotcha triggers. The AI is really bad in all of the missions. This becomes extremely obvious when the AI is an ally such as in mission 9 of the zerg campaign.

I remember finally quitting the campaign because of something very stupid regarding the plot occurring.... or maybe it was just because I discovered the campaign was incomplete.

Edit: I opened it up. OK, I quit because of the zerg enemies on aiur in mission 9 being allied with the terrans. That made absolutely no sense with the plot. I decided to beat it anyway. Next(final) zerg mission is another omega but with more powerful units, super boring. Yeah, I'm done with this.