Campaign Makers: Where are you?

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Campaign Makers: Where are you?

Post by IskatuMesk »

That's largely why I have dropped off smaller projects and focused onto one thing (Lour Saga). LS is my biggest universe, my life's work. If I am to make mods again, they would most likely be related to this universe. But as I can't model characters much less animate and skin them, sc2 doesn't offer me anything. I'd be forced to go the route of a space mod... but sc2 is a 2d platform (Yes, you can do sidescrollers and shit with it and physics and blah blah but it isn't a homeworld-styled Z-axis engine) which is a tremendous limitation in terms of space mods.

'Course, sc2 could always surprise me. Or I could try a C:FW-styled mod. But I'm not making any plans. I'll decide when the editor's in my hands and I have a good grasp of what the game is capable of.

But never a campaign.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm still working on my first WC3 campaign-- on its second revision.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Dem0nS1ayer
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

I'm currently epically enhancing my Rise From The Ashes campaign.  I'm fixing a lot of bugs, modding some more things, and getting it voiced.  The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding enough voice actors. D:  I need more protoss people and someone to do a terran advisor voice.  Sigh, if only there were more girls on the interwebz for the advisor. O_o
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

RazorclawX wrote: I'm still working on my first WC3 campaign-- on its second revision.
Do you have it here for download? I'll do a search now for the first version.
Dem0nS1ayer wrote: I'm currently epically enhancing my Rise From The Ashes campaign.  I'm fixing a lot of bugs, modding some more things, and getting it voiced.  The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding enough voice actors. D:  I need more protoss people and someone to do a terran advisor voice.  Sigh, if only there were more girls on the interwebz for the advisor. O_o
Have you tried linking with your friends on facebook or myspace? You could also try sending random invites. I'm pretty sure they'll eventually find the time. Although, yes, finding the best would take some time and a little bit of playfulness.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Lav,

All will be revealed in good time.
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Epic.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dem0nS1ayer

Post by Dem0nS1ayer »

Krazy wrote: Dragon Age: Origins and school for me.  Also, seems like UMS on USEast is virtually empty compared to where it was 7 months ago, thus diminishing my desire to make a multiplayer campaign. 

But mostly Dragon Age, and now I have Bioshock 2 arriving today or Monday.

This is win.  DA:O is fucking awesome!  Are you gonna get DA:A (Dragon Age: Awakening), Krazy?  The story to that game looks amazing.
Starcraft - Rise From The Ashes
index.php?topic=1678.0
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

Thirded for Dragon Age.  I'm itching to play around with the Toolset, but I just haven't had the time to dedicate to learning it yet. :(

I'd like to do at least one more campaign for SC1 though, just for old times sake.  I'd love to finish All Cerebrate Must Die!, but I'm kind of in the mood to work on a campaign where all the main characters don't die, so I'm thinking about reviving another campaign I was working on prior to ACMD! and ACMD0, or doing another mini-campaign set between ACMD0 and ACMD!.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Let's get back on the topic of campaign makers and where they are.  If we don't know where they are, we won't be able to locate them.  Dragon Age was a good game that I never finished for some reason.  Hmmm, what happened?  I got bored to tears in the Dwarf City.  Everything else was good.  Then I got really busy, then Mass Effect 2 came out.  And then I posted here.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Thalraxal

Post by Thalraxal »

Desler wrote: Let's get back on the topic of campaign makers and where they are.  If we don't know where they are, we won't be able to locate them.  Dragon Age was a good game that I never finished for some reason.  Hmmm, what happened?  I got bored to tears in the Dwarf City.  Everything else was good.  Then I got really busy, then Mass Effect 2 came out.  And then I posted here.
Yeah, I found the Dwarf City itself to be really boring too.  Especially in the Carta Hideout.  It picks up again once you're out of the city and out in the Deep Roads though.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

I'm working on it.
But when I'm not working on it, I'm playing Imperium Galactica II: Alliances.
Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Archangel »

Back in the dizzay, we were all pretty creative kids.

Pretty creative kids = School, homework, absolutely no social life = Plenty of time for campaign making.

Now, 10 odd years later, we're Pretty creative quasi-adults.

Pretty creative quasi-adults = Work, Rent, absolutely no social life but incrementally more beer, More work, Mmore beer = No real time for campaign making.

Any adults here who are planning on a SC2 campaign are either kidding themselves, or they're programmers and this is what they do while on the toilet, at lunch, shagging their girlfriend or otherwise in their sleep.
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Archangel wrote: Any adults here who are planning on a SC2 campaign are either kidding themselves, or they're programmers and this is what they do while on the toilet, at lunch, shagging their girlfriend or otherwise in their sleep.
Or they're self employed.  I've actually only known one other adult with the amount of free time I have, although he has been working 7 days a week now in the past 6 months running his own brick and mortar business.  Talk about going from one extreme to the other.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Almost spot on AA. Programmer, and no rent but a mortgage. I can find time. Just you wait. ZIA, Archangel, ZIA.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

Archangel wrote:Back in the dizzay, we were all pretty creative kids.

Pretty creative kids = School, homework, absolutely no social life = Plenty of time for campaign making.

Now, 10 odd years later, we're Pretty creative quasi-adults.

Pretty creative quasi-adults = Work, Rent, absolutely no social life but incrementally more beer, More work, Mmore beer = No real time for campaign making.

Any adults here who are planning on a SC2 campaign are either kidding themselves, or they're programmers and this is what they do while on the toilet, at lunch, shagging their girlfriend or otherwise in their sleep.
LOL!  ;D

There are people who die for model rail's.
There are people who nearly kill themself for their favorite sports team.
And there are people who want to amaze the world with their harleys or cars or WHATSOEVER!

My point is, creating a high quality campaign for the own favorite game (and Blizzard it's always worthy) is not a lot different than to spend your free time with so called "real life" hobbies...
Last edited by Eredalis on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.