Campaign Creations StarCraft Mini-Campaign Competition

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Campaign Creations StarCraft Mini-Campaign Competition

Post by Lavarinth »

Looking to make a StarCraft Campaign but never felt like you had any reason to? Well, now you can with Campaign Creation's official announcement of our first ever StarCraft Mini-Campaign Competition! Contestants are placed in a two month race to create the most appealing campaign out of the batch. Whether your choice of weapon be drama, plot twists, or pure humor, your chances of victory are just as good as anyone else's! Strategy, Turn Based, Role Playing, all game styles have a chance! One map, three maps, twenty maps, it's your call as to how many it'd take to portray your masterpiece! Just pop open your StarEdit and have at it!

PRIZES:
First Prize - Blizzard Cinematics DVD + The following items: Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, and Mouse Pad.
Second Prize - StarCraft Cinematics DVD + Your choice of Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, or Mouse Pad.
Third Prize - Your choice of Blizzard Baseball Cap, T-shirt, or Mouse Pad.

ADDITIONAL REWARDS TO ALL WINNERS:
Project Hosting on Campaign Creations' upcoming new section currently codenamed Duels. Featuring a profile of victors and review of their submissions. Special group in Forum representing congratulations for first place victor.

REQUIREMENTS:
Announcement of personal submission in dedicated forum within the first two weeks of contest announcement, and updates at least once a week on progress including screenshots from within StarEdit and whatever modding is incorporated. Campaign must be completed within a two month (60 day) period, where on the final day will require all current contestants to submit their work. We encourage original and new material to be created. The main consideration per project would be the story driven content. Other aspects will be taken into consideration (graphics, modifications, audio) only as bonuses. We encourage the creation of smaller projects due to time constraints. Not finishing your project will most likely not help you win. Winners will be chosen by quality and presentation of their project.

ACTIVITY DATES:
Contest Begins: December 13th, 2007
Contest Weekly Updates Start: December 27th, 2007
(NEW) Contest Ends: February 24th, 2008

PROCEDURE:
Project announcement on "StarCraft Mini-Campaign Competition" forum. Only one thread per contestant is allowed. First post will contain project information and plot synopsis (one paragraph summary). Following posts will include any selected details of submitted project. At any time during the following eight weeks, contestants are required to submit development logs and screenshots of their project at any day of the week once a week. Upon completion a separate reply to the contestants page must be added with the body "PROJECT COMPLETED." After, you may add links to download your project. We encourage you to wait until the final week to upload your project, but are not required to.

------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL CONTEST INFORMATION:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, complete the procedures listed in the PROCEDURE topic above. To be eligible, entries must be completed and received on or by the closing date of the draw. Incomplete entries will be considered but most likely not accepted. All entries shall remain property of their creator, however, rights to host on Campaign Creations for an indefinite time frame are acknowledged and supported by the creator.

CONTEST RULES:

1. The contest is open to the general public.

2. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.

3. Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.

4. By claiming the prize, the winner(s) authorize the use of their content by Campaign Creations for any means, including but not limited to, advertisement, publicity, public downloads. Winner is allowed to adjust content at a later date and also retains ownership of content.

5. In accepting the prize, the winner(s) acknowledge that prizes will be shipped to their chosen location. Shipping will be paid for by Campaign Creations if address is located in the United States. If address is outside of the United States, winner(s) acknowledge that they are responsible for supplying funds to ship prizes outside of the United States or agrees to Cash on Demand (CoD) if available.

6. Detailed contest rules applicable to this contest, including contest entry dates, how to enter, prizes, and procedures will be listed at the top of this post.

7. Campaign Creations retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.

8. Campaign Creations reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.

9. Approximate value of prizes may vary.

10.  One entry per person.
  11. A minimal of five contestants is required by the end of the competition to determine a winner. Failure for the contest to have at least five contestants will void this content and push prizes to the next contest.

------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMPLE ENTRY FORM

Subject: My Little Itty Bitty Carrier

Body: A random event causes a Protoss Carrier to be shrunk into a little itty bitty size and now must take on the troubles of finding an answer as to why such a random event has occured. In the pain and struggles to find an answer, the Carrier is forced against minimal celled organisms and must find a way to survive the endless waves of bacteria. Will this poor Carrier find a way to turn itself back into its rather large and oversized self? Only time will tell.
Last edited by Lavarinth on Sat May 03, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
timmieswe
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: Campaign Creations StarCraft Mini-Campaign Competition

Post by timmieswe »

Apologise for my stupidity but where do you submitt your work?? ???
I am confused... What race should I play as? Send a message of what u think and why...
Good luck in the Starcraft mini  campaign contest... :D

Look at this, amazing! http://www.maxfreak.com/starcraft2/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/starcraft_army.jpg
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

A project thread is created on this forum- No project thread means no entry. The final project can be uploaded to your personal FTP or (if small enough e-mailed to me at lavarinth [at] campaigncreations.org) as well as using online resources such as YouSendIt.com, Rapidshare, FileFront, etc.
- - Lavarinth
timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

ok then so I´m sending it to you....
I am confused... What race should I play as? Send a message of what u think and why...

Look at this, amazing! http://www.maxfreak.com/starcraft2/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/starcraft_army.jpg
Revan
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by Revan »

It's enough if you just create a thread for your campaign. You will have enough time to make everything as the contest ends at 24th March. Take your time.
Signature can be found here.
timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

Thats it? Making a tread about the campaing?
Ok, then look out for the tread "•Overmind Rising•" x)
Its totaly free to be in the contest, right?

Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

It's fully free.

It's also 'thread'
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
timmieswe

Post by timmieswe »

thread then! :D
Do you pay the transport or do I have to do it myself?

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Please fully read the contest rules.
  5. In accepting the prize, the winner(s) acknowledge that prizes will be shipped to their chosen location. Shipping will be paid for by Campaign Creations if address is located in the United States. If address is outside of the United States, winner(s) acknowledge that they are responsible for supplying funds to ship prizes outside of the United States or agrees to Cash on Demand (CoD) if available.
- - Lavarinth
Kranach
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by Kranach »

whoops, looks I'm bit too late. Duh, I'm not good in modding anyway, better return to my RPG ums (however with progress with my map I'm still discovering that creating good RPG without patching this game is both almost impossible and masochistic :/)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Kranach wrote: whoops, looks I'm bit too late. Duh, I'm not good in modding anyway, better return to my RPG ums (however with progress with my map I'm still discovering that creating good RPG without patching this game is both almost impossible and masochistic :/)
You're allowed to enter until one month prior to the final date.
- - Lavarinth
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

ok, now that its all over and we've to 7 completed projects..... what now?
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Jadefang

Post by Jadefang »

@Chris: Completed? More or Less but more less than more in my case  ;) I looked at it again after submission, kind of feel like another day or two might have helped in the end. Already found some errors. But, nevertheless, now it's time to look forward to the resolution of the contest.

I would say we wait for the judgement to be made on whatever is submitted by now, and then use the criticized points mentioned by the reviewers to fix remaining errors in our campaigns before we can offer them in the CC download section (if so desired by CC).
I am looking forward to play all other campaigns, will start tonight when I get off work.

It is going to be fun.
Last edited by Jadefang on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

chris wrote: ok, now that its all over and we've to 7 completed projects..... what now?
You wait. Jesus Christ, Chris. Have some patience, take a chill pill.
- - Lavarinth
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

I suggest self-implosion. Massive, self-implosion!
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog