Trial by Fire

(December 27th, 2007 - March 24, 2008)
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Trial by Fire

Post by Falchion »

From the fall of Aiur to the end of the Brood War, two of the most young Protoss warriors ever known, the impulsive Khalai student Anerion and the shadowy Dark Templar Apprentice Velina, have survived the onslaught of the Zerg and the exploits of the Terrans on their very own, without fighting for any army, without serving any leader, believing themselves to be the two last survivors of a once powerful race.  But when their paths cross with a band of Protoss warriors and a Terran, and an old threat returns, can they survive, or will they be engulfed in the darkness?

STARCRAFT - TRIAL BY FIRE will introduce the SC players into an entire new storyline, acting both as prequel and sequel to the events of Dominion: The Koprulu Crisis (formerly Dominion: Rise of the Emperor), with new and old heroes and units getting involved in this epic drama and adventure.

FEATURES:

- New storyline campaign, mixing elements from RPG and RTS.  This will not only be a "Good versus Bad" campaign, as we will talk about how the others are adapting to the conflict as well.

- The old, known faces, like Col. Nathaniel Hunter and Preator Elindrea, return to the action.

- New heroes will also appear in the campaign, each one bringing distinctive personalities.

- Make a return to the worlds of Mar Sara, Jotun and Braxis, while meeting new places like the Dominion Space Station 14-BIS.

- Three new units for the campaign: the Protoss Stalker, the Terran Banshee and the Zerg Keeper.

- New Feature: UNIQUE HERO DISTINCTIVENESS.  We'll be using new sprites, firegrafting and heavy IceCC coding to give new weaponry, unique skills and spells to further distinguish the campaign heroes.
Last edited by Falchion on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Trial by Fire

Post by Maglok »

Ambitious :) Let's see it.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Meta
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Meta »

Sounds like an interesting idea, but then all 3 announcements thus far sound interesting. Good luck with it!  ;D
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

TRIAL OF FIRE UPDATE [12/21/2007]:  CSS.

For those of you who've read it, no it's not Cascading Style Sheets.  :D :D Actually it stands for Characters, Screenies and Scripting.  As you know, a good campaign is defined by it's story in my opinion, but, unlike I've done in Dominion: The Koprulu Crisis, I wanted to go a little more beyond.  So, let's begin the update:

CHARACTERS AND UNITS: FROM TRADIONAL TO UNIQUENESS, PERSONALITY and SPECIAL ATTACKS (Yes, of course)

Some of you might want to remember the old campaigns like VOTF, LOTC, EDAST and CI, when we've had seen several modded characters and their unique abilities, like Roger "Shaddox" Norman, with his simple, rapid firing C-10 Rifle in CI, Xaax the Defiler and his Acid Spray or Gerson Drake's personality.  It was there when I thought "Why not mix all of those aspects?".  However, I didn't wanted to stick to the old ways, and for that I knew I needed something more radical.  What I needed was new unit sprites and special abilities.

Please ignore the shadowless Lancer.  Couldn't find the shadow for it.  ;D ;D ;D

Falchion and the Hunt for the Lost Sprites:

These unique sprites I wanted to look for were the most simplest to find, although they were the most used.  For Anerion and Velina, the main characters, I went for the Lancer GRP, lost ever since Antioch Chronicles Episode III was cancelled (God bless it's soul), and a different colored Zealot, found in Maplantis.org.  For the Banshee and the Stalker, I borrowed them from AqoTrooper, at WarBoards.

However, I couldn't find any way to add uniqueness to some characters, like Elindrea, General Strathmore and "Spectre", leaving me with no choice but to leave them behind in the tradional sprites.  If I were to add their unique sprites, I would have to remove several key special structures I'd use for the campaign maps, despite I've had to remove some that I wouldn't use to place the new sprites.  I want to replace and add, not remove what I need!!!

IceCC scripting for special abilities:

Making my entirely new heroes sprites work on SC I is not that simple.  You need to change the unit's name on TblPad, hardcode it in IceCC, make it's stats and sounds in DatEdit, and so on.

When I first saw Heidomus Kaladonmus, I was pretty amazed by the work Doctor Doack's (IskatuMesk's) work, and I wanted to do the same thing in a different mod, but I was afraid I would be scorned beacuse of stealing a man's original work.  But when I contacted the Doc after he launched his IceCC scripting bible, and he told me there wasn't any problems, I went to some experiments.  So, as an homage, I'm using the Zelconian Warrior's overwhelming attack for Velina's Warp Strike.  The same attack will also apply to Anerion, but without the Warp Flash sprite, for his Fury Circle.  For Hunter, I'm planning to make him use two weapons:  His assault rifle and a grenade launcher.

As for the Banshee and the Stalker, it was pretty challenging to make their moves and attacks, the Stalker's, specially.  IceCC was pretty moderate for me, and it took me some days to get the hang of it.  But now everything is perfect, except for a little glitch in the Banshee, when it's engines stop while it fires it's Cluster Rockets.  Weapon sprites will remain unchanged, however, so don't expect new bullets.  All you'll see are Banshees firing ground versions of Halo Rockets and Stalkers using Photon Cannon weapons for the Void Disruptors.

Aspects, Strenghts and Weaknesses:

Stalker - In SCII, we see the Stalker as a simple Dark Dragoon scout who can teleport.  I'll change that in this mod.  If the Stalker's weak and can't blink in SCI, he's, for the lack of a better word, fucked.  So, we'll make him a Heavy Dark Dragoon.  He can fire his Void Disruptor, which is more powerful than the original Dragoon's weapon, and he'll be VERY useful along with DT's.  His weaknesses, however, is his cost and firing speed.  His recharging rate will be slow, and he'll cost more than a DT.

Banshee - For the Banshee, I ain't changing it's role, so it remains a bomber VTOL.  His cluster rockets will fulfill the role the Valkyries can't do, and they'll be perfect for bombing SCV's.  Despite it's air vulnerability, it's weakness will be speed.  Not speed, exactly, but the Banshee's acceleration will be slow, similar to a helicopter, so if you wanna retreat, you'll have to sacrifice a Battlecruiser to give it enough time to reach top speed.

Personality: A matter for the story

What's a story without knowing the character's personalities and past?  A NOOB story, that is!  After all, everyone wants to see all the types that are somehow close to them.  I dear to call idiot those who don't want to see the "afraid guy who turns hero", the "headstrong gone dumb general", the "powermongering crazy girl" and the "reclusive, shadowy geek".  Personality will be my strong factor for all characters in Trial of Fire, as it can influence dialog in the game.  Here are some examples, just for you to know what I'm talking about.

Hunter - He's the type of the normal guy you can nearly see in Jim Raynor, if not a bit funny.  He likes to make jokes about his enemies and superior officers, has an open mind for several matters and likes to drink.  When he wants to do something, he does it, end of story.  Overall though, Hunter is just your average type of normal guy, who's just trying to move on, although he was betrayed and is now living among the Protoss.  Well, if being "the hero who saves the universe on a semi-weekly basis" can be considered “average”, anyway.

Anerion - He's, in most aspects, the main protagonist of the campaign.  A bit headstrong, too young (100 year old), but his heart is pure and a good sense of judgement found in most Terrans and few Protoss.  He also has talent, a thing found only in Executors like Artanis.  His partnership with Velina has thought him the ways of the Dark Templar, making him somewhat a Twilight Warrior.  He believes that nearly all of the Protoss race, except for Velina was extinct, because he resurfaced when Aiur was entirely abandoned, so he's a lone young alien guy who, like Hunter, tries to move on in anyway he can.  That is, until he meets his people again.

Alvin "Spectre" Rodecker - Now here's the kinda guy I wanna show you, and will make you very interested in him.  He's somewhat a mix of the different types we meet.  He's a geek, but he's aware of the world around him and he's also very, and I mean very, reclusive.  As a matter of fact, those who comment about Spectre say that even a mad Zergling has more friends than this 22 year old Ghost has.  Many pepole may call him a nerd, but a very deadly assassin.  But only few know that inside of him lies a good guy.

EPISODE I SCREENSHOTS (WIP)

Finally, the moment you've waiting for.  The first screenshots for what I believe to be the beta version of Episode I (Mission 1):

Cerebrate Rakhan, from Dominion: The Koprulu Crisis.  About time he had some lines here!

The village of Tyradon, in the Province of Nalthor, before the Zerg Invasion.  No one knows the size of the trouble coming to them...

The backward entrance to the Temple of Khalaidun, 35 miles northeast of Tyradon, after Aiur was abandoned.  What evil lurks from inside these walls?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is it.  More further progress will come at the next update.  However, I can't simply complete this campaign on my own, so I'll need beta testers and voice actors to work along on Trial of Fire.  I hope I haven't insulted or embarassed someone around, if I've done so, then please, accept my apologies.  Comments and critics are welcome.

See ya later.
Last edited by Falchion on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Quite a read. Nice stuff, keep it coming.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
Falchion

TRIAL BY FIRE UPDATE (12/28/2007)

Post by Falchion »

TRIAL OF FIRE UPDATE [12/27/2007]:  CHARACTER BIOS, SOUNDS AND MELEE ATTACKS.

Here I am again, loyal SC followers, with yet another update, and several, some unwanted, changes:

THE KEEPER FALLS:  A SCANDAL!

Unfortunately, for many SC fans, the Keeper will no longer be available for the Zerg, for a main reason: lack of custom Zerg unit GRPs.  I couldn't find any good GRPs.  In fact, the only good one was the Scantolisk from HunCraft: Genocide, but I immediately declared it "out of question".  So, instead of a Anti-Air ground unit, I was forced, in all aspects, to replace it with a not-so-good unit:  The Infested Medic.

Inf. Medic Sprite is terrible, believe me, even I didn't like it.

The Infested Medic idea was already present in The Hammerhead Project, by Snoopy, when it was cancelled.  By then, when I saw the idea of using toxic tanks as a weapon, I went for some special help at Maplantis.  Now, the Inf. Medic has an acid spray that can at any moment launch a toxic spread attack (Irradiation sprite), moves faster and shares the Medic healing, Queen and Defiler attack abilities.  The only two problems to produce it is the difficulty of infesting a Command Center and it's cost.

So, the infested medic is a major flaw in my contest campaign, you may critic me whatever you want.  But consider this as an emergency act, as I didn't want to unbalance the game by giving units only to Terrans and Protoss.

UNEXPECTED UNIQUENESS: MELEE ATTACKS

From my experience at Maplantis, I found out how limited was my IceCC knowledge, until then I knew only the tricks Doc Doack used.  But when I played one of their mods (Anthitesis Rising), I got impressed when I saw the impossible:  the Terran Marine, using the Ghost sprite, attacking with Gauss Rifle at range and a flamethrower at close range!  Sounds like madness, but as always, great visionaries are always called that before their time.  I only thought this kinda thing was limited only to Dawn of War!  By then, I decided I wanted to give a real special characterism to Hunter.  Here's the results:

1st Ranged Attack:  CMC-15 Assault Rifle

2nd Ranged Attack:  Grenade Launcher

Close Combat Attack:  Flamethrower

If you think it's gonna un-balance, don't worry, I made him for campaign only.

CHARACTERS:

Well, here are the first row of Characters for TbF;

TERRAN PERSONNEL:

NATHANIEL HUNTER:

UNIT:  Commando
FULL NAME: Nathaniel Steiner Hunter.
DATE OF BIRTH: March 21st, 2470.
SPECIES/GENDER:  Terran/Male.
CRIMINAL RECORDS:  Treason, consorting with extra-terrestrial entities.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:  Black eyes, black hair, weight of 100 kg, height of 1.75m.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:  Military styled hair cut.
CLOSE/FAMILIAR CONTACTS: Unknown.

PERSONALITY:

He likes to make jokes about his enemies and superior officers, has an open mind for several matters and likes to drink.  When he want's to do something, he does it, end of story.  Overall though, Hunter is just your average type of normal guy.  Well, if being "the hero who saves the universe on a semi-weekly basis" can be considered “average”, anyway.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Nathaniel Hunter was born in Ledan City, Antiga Prime, and, like many of the young Antigan orphans, was forced to enter in the Confederate military service too early.  The Confederate armies were the only family he knew. Through his expertise in Wraith piloting, Hunter was graduated with all honors in Fort Brix, and was immediately sent to battle as a pilot of the Confederate 72th Wing, called the Death Bats, known for it's veterans' harsh tradition of using newbies as cannon fodder.  It didn’t took too long for Hunter to prove who he was, gaining even the respect of the Wing's most hardened veterans.

Upon being promoted to Captain, and following the downfall of the Confederacy, his actions have called the attention of the Terran Dominion and Emperor Mengsk, who ordered Colonel Viktor Gaskaville to bolster the Captain’s abilities to total perfection.  After the reclaiming of Korhal from the UED, Hunter was promoted to Colonel.

However, his promising military career came to an end during the Koprulu Crisis, when he was forced to ally with the Protoss to stop the Koprulu Liberation Front.  The Dominion doesn't accept humans allying with aliens too well, and as a result, he's now being pursued by General Roland Strathmore, head officer of the Dominion Special Forces branch, having only the Protoss Expeditionary Force, led by Preator Elindrea, as his only ally and shelter.

ROLAND STRATHMORE:

UNIT:  Firebat
FULL NAME: Roland Strathmore.
DATE OF BIRTH: March 21st, 2455.
OCCUPATION:  Dominion General, Director of the Dominion Special Forces Division.
CRIMINAL RECORDS:  None.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:  Brown eyes, black hair, weight of 120 kg, height of 1.64m.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:  Gun-wound scar on left cheek.
CLOSE/FAMILIAR CONTACTS: Lenore Strathmore (Wife).

PERSONALITY:

Strathmore is very serious about his occupation.  In fact, many people who've seen him never saw him laugh for once.  However, despite that fact, he is a skilled and disciplined officer who's got a whole lotta tricks up his sleeve.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Roland Strathmore.  A normal name, like any other, for a normal person.  But not for him.  Ever since his birth in Korhal, his mother, a drug-addicted prostitute, left him in the front doors of an orphanage building, he was recruited by the Confederate Intelligence Division to be part of a program designed by the Confederacy to create senseless, effective officers.  Despite the program's cancelling, at 2467, Strathmore quickly advanced through the ranks.

Following the destruction of Chau Sara by the Protoss, he was immediately transferred to General Duke's elite force to work as an intelligence advisor.  However, there was a serious problem:  Strathmore never made a shooting course before.  To remedy the situation, Confederate High Command handed a special Firebat suit to him.  He continued to do his usual work even when General Duke surrendered and the Terran Dominion was formed.

Unfortunately, like several old soldiers, Strathmore is getting even more tired of the war.  He hates to know that things will get only worse, specially if he doesn't do something to keep it from happening.

KRIS TELFAIR:

UNITS: Marine, Vulture, Battlecruiser "Philadelphia"
FULL NAME: Kristine Telfair.
DATE OF BIRTH: March 21st, 2476.
SPECIES/GENDER:  Terran/Female.
CRIMINAL RECORDS:  None.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:  Blond hair, blue eyes, weight of 89,5 kg, height of 1.70m.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:  Blue Glasses.

PERSONALITY:

Telfair is a free-spirit person, who always takes risks.  She's also known for being a bit shy about relationships.  Most of the guys like her not just for her pretty face, but because she also reminds all of them to remember their roles.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Kris Telfair was Umojan ever since she was born.  Coming from a rich family, she was kind of a headstrong and a bit of mama's girl.  That changed after a punishment in school, by the part of her teacher and some students.  By then, she tried to work hard and live on, in an attempt to forget her punishment.

She was way in her seventeens when she heard of the nuclear holocaust on Korhal, provoked by the Confederacy.  In that time she wanted to join the Protectorate military, but her parents had forbidden it.  She was only able to join when Tarsonis fell.

Now, being a field marine on the USN, Telfair is a good sign for the soldiers on the battlefield, and a real thorn for superior officers.  She's nice, non-idealistic, and, above all, has the heart of a good leader, a thing that many Umojan officers don't agree, as they support the ideals for the perfect soldier, who never questions and only follow orders, even if they're worthy of questioning.

ALVIN "SPECTRE" RODECKER:

UNIT:  Ghost
FULL NAME: Alvin Jameson Rodecker.
DATE OF BIRTH: March 21st, 2479.
CRIMINAL RECORDS:  Unknown.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:  Black eyes, black hair, weight of 90 kg, height of 1.75m
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:  Permanent saddened face.

PERSONALITY:

Rodecker is the unfortunate result of a mix between several personalities who're classified the worse on Earth:  a technological geek, a very reclusive person and has a tendency to talk a bit too slowly.  Most people see him as a flaw of nature, nerd, weird, among most things.  What they don't know is that it resides two persons inside him:  A very good person who's aware of the world around him and a deadly assassin, who rivalizes even the most deadly Dominion Ghosts, including Nova Terra.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Although several people admit that Alvin Rodecker is the most strange person ever known, they don't realize that he comes from an unfortunate, violent past.  Born from a prisoner and a technological geeky-like scientist, he didn't even gained respect in the United Earth Directorate controlled Earth, since these kind of people were highly probable to be executed in the Project Purification's blacklist.  The only people the UED accepted were the perfect humans, who weren't stained by genetic, cyber or synthetic modifications, always loyal to humanity's cause (in other words, the UED government) and with standing positions in the military.  During his school time, he was bullied by several of his colleagues and teachers, haven't obtained any friends and became insensitive to the numerous beatings and humiliations he suffered.

By the age of 17, it was revealed that Alvin was psychic-gift born, and thus he was "recruited" by the UED and placed to training at the hands of Leticia Kinsburg, one of the most cruel and sadistic training officers the program had to offer.  Four years of harsh training made him one of the most deadliest assassins in the Directorate, who could enter enemy installations without being discovered, gaining the nickname "Spectre".  Finally, he was assigned to Admiral DuGalle's expedition to the Koprulu Sector, working alongside the most incompetent Ghosts of the Alpha 3 unit.

When the UED was destroyed, Spectre was saved when the Dominion captured him in a failed operation to sabotage the Simonson munitions facility, the construction grounds for Project Thor.  Although the installation wasn't destroyed, Rodecker has pulled back two years of weapons research, prototype design and munition testing.  Instead of immediate execution, Emperor Mengsk gave him two options:  Life imprisonment or working for the Special Forces Division.

Now, Spectre follows orders only from General Strathmore, but still he remains the same, without any relationship.  Several Ghosts who work with him think he's somewhat weird, but they know that he's the most powerful operative they have.

SOUNDS:

For the sounds, I only have the samples for Anerion and Hunter.  They might be simple, but at the least they show how much serious I am about making this project:

Hunter: http://www.clubdragon.org/files/HunterSample.wav

Anerion: http://www.clubdragon.org/files/AnerionSample.wav

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it.  However, I'm having a very serious problem:  I still couldn't find any voice actors, and there was only one volunteer to help me with Beta testing.  I'm asking for the help of all, if possible, to continue the development of this campaign, which is now at 10%.

For more details, check Samods threads for Voice Acting (SAVAGE) or Beta Testing (Help wanted)

Thank you.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Message me for acting. Maglok and I could help. We are/were the only truly active members of SAVAGE, but the lack of commitment of other staff members caused me to grow irritated of the group after going through about four sets of various actors. You can talk to me personally on an IM as well.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Looking really cool so far, I like the characters and new models (which I actually had made for my on hold campaign :D ). Keep up the good work, I'm exited to see more from this project.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Marine »

Beautiful skins man I like them cant wait to play.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Gemini »

question: does your infested medic auto-heal your units like a regular medic does?
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

Question: Does your Infested Medic auto-heal your units like a regular Medic does?
Yes, Gemini.  Not only that, but they're capable of auto attacking as well.  ;)

Falchion

TRIAL OF FIRE UPDATE [01/04/2008]: PROTOSS CHARACTERS.

Post by Falchion »

Well, since there's no new things to show you yet, and I have to update every week, I'm giving you the new Protoss characters.

PROTOSS PROMINENT MEMBERS:

ANERION:

UNIT:  Swordmaster
DATE OF BIRTH: D22X737D P.A. (April 22nd, 2400).
POSITION:  Khalai Student, Sole Survivor from the province of Nalthor.
DISHONORABLE ACTS:  Insubordination.
KNOWN RELATIONS: Velina, Dark Templar Apprentice.

PERSONALITY:

Different from most Protoss, Anerion is a young, inexperienced warrior.  But if there is one thing that separates him from other young warriors, is his good sense of judgement.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Anerion was born at the province of Nalthor, son of the Khalai caste.  Like most Khalai, he was trained by his father to never retreat, never surrender.  However, by the age of 97, he was put to training by Ghariz and Tellaran.  As Anerion was being harshly trained, and Tellaran was being carefully assisted by Ghariz with either training or artifacts, an apparent rivalry growed between both Khalai students, specially during their duels, in which Tellaran always gained the upper hand.

By the time the Zerg invaded Aiur, Anerion wanted to assist Ghariz and the other warriors, but instead he was ordered to enter the temple training grounds along with the civilians, as Ghariz claimed that "still was not a warrior".  However, thanks to a Dragoon blast, the temple's doors collapsed and a piece of the debris hit Anerion, leaving him fainted and stranded inside the temple.  His fate by now is still unknown.

VELINA:

UNIT:  Dark Zealot
DATE OF BIRTH: F05X728D P.A. (June 5th, 2390).
POSITION:  Former Dark Templar Apprentice.
DISHONORABLE ACTS:  Insubordination, sedition.
KNOWN RELATIONS: Anerion, Khalai Student and Swordmaster.

PERSONALITY:

Velina is somehow mysterious, as is predictable in the Dark Templar.  She nearly knows everything about the real life, and as a tendency to do what she believes it will make a difference.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Not much is known about Velina, except for exceptional training.  According to Dark Templar tradition, the Apprentices must pass through the harsh training of the Zealots, with the small difference that instead of learning the Khala, these Dark Zealots learn how to use their psionic energies to manipulate the Void.  Some of the Apprentices, like Velina, are so well skillful at using these energies that they're capable of channeling it in a circle of pure energy, capable of dealing terrible blows twice than that of the Psi Blades.

Velina was trained ever since the beginning by Dark Templar Prelate Nivhas, although she didn't like the Preator's attitude towards the High Templar and another species.  Such notable example came during the beginning of the Zerg invasion of Aiur, after a mission which involved recovering a modified Khaydarin Crystal, when she questioned Nivhas' decision of not helping the Protoss who were getting slaughtered by the Zerg.  By the time Nivhas' had to fight two Conclave Zealots, she abandoned him, and five months later, she found and joined a Khalai Student named Anerion in their quest for their lives.

ELINDREA:

UNIT:  Dragoon
DATE OF BIRTH: H01X321D P.A. (August 1st, 1981).
POSITION:  Preator, Leader of the Protoss Expeditionary Force.
DISHONORABLE ACTS:  Supporting Judicator Aldaris during the Khalai Insurgency.
KNOWN RELATIONS: Nivhas, Dark Templar Prelate, Terran Colonel Nathaniel Hunter, Tellaran, Executor of the Council's Elite Gaurd.

PERSONALITY:

Like most Protoss, Elindrea follows the principles of honor and the Khala.  Most male Protoss at the beginning of her leadership didn't like to follow her orders, but it didn't take them too long to realize they were fortunate to have a skilled warrior and leader like her.  Although she is now fated to spent the rest of her days inside a Dragoon exo-skeleton, Elindrea is never away from combat, where her brothers and sisters fight for their homeworld.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Elindrea, being created among the Protoss warrior caste, has been trained for years in martial discipline, leadership, tactics and both close and ranged combat methods.  After a training incident involving a High Templar Psionic Storm, Elindrea's body was heavily injured, being uncapable of recovery.  As a result, she was transferred into a Dragoon exo-skeleton, and the Conclave, infuriated by the incident, has took some drastic measures, like banishing the High Templar responsible for the storm and prohibiting all Protoss females from doing military training.  The Protoss weren't a prolific people, so it was clear that more of these incidents could provoke the extinction of all females, and thus, the Protoss race.

Elindrea was transferred with all honors to the Vanguard of Aiur, even fighting a duel with Preator Fenix during Tassadar's rescue from the Conclave.  When the Overmind died, and the truce was settled between both High and Dark Templar, Elindrea was immediately promoted to the rank of Preator.  Her position and life were threatned during the Khalai Insurgency, when she supported Judicator Aldaris due to the fact that they wouldn't ally to Kerrigan and the Zerg.  As she was put into trial, only Artanis' intervention saved Elindrea from execution.

By the end of the Brood War, the Protoss were in a great downfall, and their warriors needed a new hope to keep their resolve.  Artanis created by then the Protoss Expeditionary Force, a direct action brigade charged with assisting the Protoss in the frontlines, and appointed Elindrea as it's leader.

NIVHAS:

UNIT:  Dark Templar
DATE OF BIRTH: H27X478D P.A. (August 27st, 1981).
POSITION:  Preator, Leader of the Protoss Expeditionary Force.
DISHONORABLE ACTS:  Attempting to assist the Fist of Ulrezaj.
KNOWN RELATIONS: Elindrea, Preator of the Protoss Expeditionary Force, Velina, Dark Templar Apprentice (Missing, presumed dead).

PERSONALITY:

Nivhas, unlike several Protoss, has a serious tendency to mistrust other species that are different than his, like the High Templar or the Terrans.  A rough paranoic, several times he needs some time and great feats before his eyes before he can really trust someone.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Nivhas wasn't an Aiuran Protoss before.  He was born long after the Dark Templar's exile to Shakuras, and put to training 100 years later under the leadership of the now infamous Ulrezaj.  His "master" kept teaching him and others several times other to hate the Highborn Templar, for their exile, and to mistrust the Terrans, for their easy capability to betray.  Upon the end of his training, he was assigned to train Velina in her course to become a Dark Templar.  All was going well, until the invasion of Aiur changed his apprentice's mind and Velina abandoned him to help the citizens of the province of Nalthor.  By then, Nivhas left her stranded on Aiur, claiming that if she wanted to "cross a path that would certainly lead to death", then she would do it alone.

By the time Ulrezaj began his campaign to exterminate the High Templar, Nivhas felt that the time had come to finally put an end to "Zeratul's madness".  However, Zeratul managed to stop him and convince him that Ulrezaj was wrong.  When Zeratul was gone, and Artanis realized that Nivhas had a strong connection with the mad Dark Archon, Nivhas was then transferred to Elindrea's Protoss Expeditionary Force, to work as a second in command.

TELLARAN:

UNIT:  Swordmaster
DATE OF BIRTH: C17X563D P.A. (March 17th, 2226).
POSITION:  Executor, Leader of the Protoss Council Elite Guard.
DISHONORABLE ACTS:  None.
KNOWN RELATIONS: Elindrea, Preator of the Protoss Expeditionary Force, Anerion, Khalai Student (Missing, presumed dead), Ghariz, Zealot Templar Master (Deceased).

PERSONALITY:

Most people say Tellaran is a good, but a power-hungry person.  Despite his calm voice and a sociable character, Tellaran never misses an opportunity to make him more stronger in the Protoss Council's positions.  Some of his actions have managed to buy even a discussion with Elindrea, who asked "How many more will die for your ambitions?"

BRIEF DESCRIPTION:

Born as a son of the Judicator caste, Tellaran was already privileged during his childhood.  However, in order to make his claims, the Conclave demanded him to make the warrior training.  Put under the guard of Zealot Templar Master Ghariz, who was bribed by Tellaran's father, Tellaran quickly made progress in his training.  His rivalry with the Khalai Student Anerion was a difficult, but amusing test in his training.  Anerion called Tellaran a cheater and a mama's boy.  Tellaran called his rival a ruffian and incompetent.  This rivalry lasted until the Zerg invasion struck Aiur, and the invaders killed Ghariz.

Upon retreating to Antioch, Tellaran was quickly appointed to the rank of Executor, charged with the defenses of the Conclave itself.  It was him who enforced the security of Tassadar's Stasis Cell, until Preator Fenix and a Terran called James Raynor destroyed it.

By the end of the Brood War, and the arisal of the Protoss Council, Tellaran began to consolidate his position among the walls of the political power, even using some un-necessary acts.  Most people believe he will soon take a place within the Council, and that is one of some Protoss war veterans' fears.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

CONTESTANT IS APPROVED- SUFFICIENT UPDATES.
- - Lavarinth
Falchion

UPDATE: First Female and Male VAs found and their Sound Samples (HALLELUJAH!)

Post by Falchion »

It's my greatest honor that therefore I give you the first samples of work from different Voice Actors.  Therefore, from Voice Acting Alliance Forums and Voice Acting Club, I present you:

Paul "WildCard" Krueger (Tellaran):
http://www.clubdragon.org/files/TellaranSample1.wav
http://www.clubdragon.org/files/TellaranSample2.wav

Megan "Chihaya" Faynola (Velina and Kris Telfair):
http://www.clubdragon.org/files/VelinaSample1.wav
http://www.clubdragon.org/files/VelinaSample2.wav

http://www.clubdragon.org/files/KrisSample1.wav
http://www.clubdragon.org/files/KrisSample2.wav

NOTE:  These sounds are NOT final.  There's still a whole lotta perfection with audio recording, but these are the standing sound effects.

'Bout time they've got here.  Production can continue in full schedule.  So, comments, anyone?
Last edited by Falchion on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

UPDATE REQUIRED BY END OF WEEK.
- - Lavarinth