Loladins of Legend

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Loladins of Legend

Post by IskatuMesk »

Shit happens. I learned to save often when I lost like 5 days worth of work repeatedly. Horray for WE.

I'll hopefully have time to port the Tyrant tonight or tomorrow.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

An introduction to the ET 2.5 combat and classification system in effect for LoL.

This document is to help introduce players and hero contributors to the generic guidelines and foundations LoL is based on in terms of balancing, classifying, and actual combat mechanics. These mechanics originate from my very first modifications and have had to be forcibly altered to function with Wc3's extremely limited armor/weapon system. I will yet change this system much further, and some things listed are not done.

Note this document is INCOMPLETE and will see changes.

First and forements, attributes.

Without the ability to add additional attributes LoL is vastly limited in how it may design its heroes. Currently there are three types of heroes.

No type is the most powerful. Any hero and every hero can win against another if they are played right. Items will not change this very much at all (not nearly like in dota where the presence or absence of an item decides the game.) For this reason items have yet to be made more sophisticated or diverse in their choices until more heroes are added/balanced and the full capacity of this system is in effect. So stop asking me about items already. Chances are if you can't win because you can't get a type of item, you probably shouldn't bother playing anymore.

Hero Types

There is standard heroes. These include the Arch-Mage, Immortal King, and other basic heroes that are fairly easy to play. Standard heroes can function in any time of the game.

These is Hybrid heroes. These heroes have two attributes they benifet from, but neither of these attributes will be acquired in the amount the primary attribute of a standard hero does. Hybrid heroes typically require more skill to play properly, and their abilities are more dependant on attributes. Hybrid heroes make excellent end-game solutions but suffer early on.

Then there is specialty heroes. These heroes can work like either type above but generally in a way much different than most heroes. All heroes are unique, but specialty heroes go above and beyond the normal playing styles. These include Fatboy Y, Oros, and Skeram.

Next there is classifications. Classifications are the intended role of the hero. Classifications also apply to creeps, bosses, divisions, racial leaders, so on.

Classifications are not necessarily attribute dependent. They are a basic way of saying what a unit or hero is intended to do.

Division Classifications

Players would have noticed a very early string modification to some of the division descriptions. These will eventually be finished, color coding and all.

Division classifications will help a team decide what division will best suite their strategy. Every division has a classification, which tells you basically what the summons it enables are geared towards. An additional block of text will describe the unique attributes of that division.

For example.

The Akredian Division is classified as Offensive-Offensive(DPS).

The first classification is the primary classification. Clearly the Akredian is a damage-oriented division. The secondary attribute denotes the division's secondary function. The Akredian are basically damage dealers and can't do a heck of a lot more.

The Infantry division is Offensive-Supportive(Tank).

This means that they are mostly offensive oriented, but also provide supportive roles (in this case tanking). The Infantry division provides the Loladin's primary tank unit - the Warrior, who has Taunt and Shield Block. He is most suited for tanking enemy creeps, but doesn't do too well without healers.

The Holy Division is Supportive-Supportive(Healer).

They are geared towards supporting allies and have very little if any offensive capabilities.

Knowing the classifications of divisions helps you decide between a variety of available assets and mix and match combinations to provide a very strong, well-mixed army. The general balance consensus goes -

Offensive-Offensive > Offensive-Supportive > Supportive-Supportive > Offensive-Offensive > Supportive-Offensive >  (Spectrum)

This means that if your enemy is going for a all-out supportive division, the best choice is either an all-out damage division or a more defensive approach with some offensive capabilities. In most situations you are safe going for an all-out offensive. However, this mixes up when you consider the subclasses.

There are several subclasses. They are:

Ranged (Offensive)- This division comprises of mostly ranged offensive units.
Tank (Supportive)- This division has good tanking units with Taunt or other benificial abilities.
Healer (Supportive)- This division has Healer units. Healers are very powerful when coupled with Tank or DPS.
DPS (Offensive)- This division is damage-oriented. They cannot tank very well and have no real supportive abilities available to them. They are best coupled with healers, or used early on to combat early casters.
Casting (General Supportive)- All supportive divisions have caster types. Caster types are often used early on to support Avatars with heals or buffs to provide an early push benefit.

The subclass balancing often goes...

DPS > Healer > Tank > Ranged > (Spectrum)

So, you need to need to pay attention to subclasses as well as primary classes. Some divisions are designed to counter other specific divisions, such as the Akredian, while general divisions which have no subclass, like Chaosmeld, are often rounded in their units and can do well on any field.

Epic Units

All divisions have some relation to an Epic unit. This means that when those related divisions are maxed out, very powerful units with the classification of those divisions will be enabled.

Unit Classifications

It is unknown whether yet units will get specific classifications. Unit classes would determine their armor and attack types as well as specific benifets they do not currently receive.

Back to Heroes.

The current general concern about the heroes, or what used to be the concern, was the dominance of Strength-based heroes. This appears to have been rectified with a more on-paper agility system I am fleshing out.

Currently, Strength heroes are supposed to have the most health, and deal the greatest damage in a single hit with their basic attack.

Agility heroes are supposed to be fast, attack fast, and have some degree of capability to kill other avatars.

Intelligence heroes, the most controversial of the lot, can have many abilities based on either anti-creep or anti-hero capacity. They are the hardest to balance since most people are under the false impression that their abilities are useless at maximum level, although most have been carefully designed to be useful and for the most part are.

In the coming future virtually all intelligence nuke-type abilities will scale with attributes.

The balance tree for heroes is far too complicated to describe in text. If I knew how to do a color wheel I'd do that.

This brings us back to hero types. With attributes the hero classification is rolled out. Note these classifications are not attribute-specific. These do not apply to special heroes in some cases. Some heroes have multiple classifications. This doesn't necessarily make them the best.

Hero Killer -  This hero is designed for solo combat against a single opposing enemy hero. A good support hero. Pairs best with primary support hero.
Examples - Khane, Mucky Z, Stabbyman.
Survivor - This hero can fight on most fronts, but more importantly, he can survive. Makes a decent pusher.
Example - Chaos Warden, Warrior Man X.
Tanker - This hero is a primary pusher. He has a lot of health and is most often a Strength hero, or can summon allies.
Example - Chaos Warden, Immortal King, Lolrrior.
Primary Support - A hero whos' duty is to support allied heroes or creep waves. The only class that will have the best heals.
Example - The only one in so far is the Gatekeeper.
DPS - A hero who doesn't necessarily specialize in hero killing, but does a lot of damage on most fronts. A good push supporter but usually a terrible tanker.
Example - Rakusu, Blood Emperor, most ranged heroes
Chaser - This is usually a subclass. This hero is capable of good speed and can chase down enemies or get away quickly. The Dark Howler and the Sprintmaster are currently the only chasers.
Ganker - Ganking is a lot harder in LoL than it is in Dota, but these classes have abilities, such as windwalk or blink, that give them the power to gank effectively.
Example - Warrior Man X, chasers, Blood Warden
Stunner - A hero with more than one stun capability often relies on these capabilities to disable and kill enemy heroes. Often subbed on DPS and Hero Killers.
Example - Isadorian Warlord, Sir Goat, Void Talker
Disabler - A hero with powerful stuns or types of disables. Usually a support hero or a hero killer.
Example - Lord Jordan

These classes cannot be spectrum balanced because of the uniqueness of their abilities. These classes are simply used to give a general idea of what that hero can do. There are unique ways to play these heroes. Not all classes are listed, yet. These classes are designed with TEAMPLAY in mind and in no circumstances should one class ever become omnipowerful or able to kill multiple heroes without some other advantage.

Update ---

The attack speeds of heroes now greatly depends on their classification and attributes. Strength heroes in general will rarely have a base attack speed faster than 2.3 seconds. Most agility heroes average around 1.8-2.1. Int will have various speeds depending on their class. One agility point gives a 0.01 bonus to attack speed.

One agility point only gives 0.1 armor, so you don't get stupid armor shit like in dota happening.

If you'd like to submit a hero for consideration to be added to the AoS, please give some degree of thought to these classes and think about the current heroes in. Right now, there is an over abundance of hero killers, tankers, and survivors. There is not enough ranged heroes, int heroes, general dps heroes, and certainly not enough support heroes.

This document is certainly not yet completed and will one day be formed into a html document for easy reading and reference. Use this as an introduction to playing and designing but not as a set-in-stone guide as of yet.

The sprintmaster's sprintmastery is now an Active ability.

The max level..

Increases the Olympic Sprinter's movespeed by 70%. Increases damage taken by 20%. Lasts 12 seconds.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

Coming next SS will be the Dwarf Priest, a Loladin healer/support, and the Ironclad, a loladin counterpart to the BoatMaster. In addition to Skeram, the Tyrant, and the Howler.

Dwarf Priest can heal shit. Lolz.

Ironclad will have a ram-esque ability, only with a projectile. It will also have one based on Incinerate, and a siege mode 'Last Stand' ult. The fourth ability will likely be some form of stat-based damage.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Okay. You can now sell items at your town shops.

Shops are also closer to your fountain.

The Tyrant appears to be functional.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Arcan's Tempest Knight has also been added, leaving the total for new heros this week at 7.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

Another thing of note: I think we have quite a few cripples and steroids in the game right now. Just something to keep in mind when new heroes start being churned out.
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

New heros give us a better idea of how the other ones compare.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Okay. A lot of people want to see some new graphics, perhaps for their own heroes, or for creeps. As much as I like to consider myself capable of doing some 50 character conversions right now, I can't. I can't keep concentrated enough to do it. So, if you want to lend a hand to speed things up, or provide more incentive to get your suggestion bumped up on the to-add list, there's a way to do it.

However, you will need to own WoW to do this.

There are many WoW conversion guides out there, but none of them are any good and none of them cover what exactly you need to do in regards to character conversions.

I'll try to provide the most of the programs you'll need to do this work. However, I obviously can't provide photoshop or WoW.

Introduction

First off, you need to know what exactly you're trying to do. You're converting a 3d model from World of Warcraft to function in Wacraft 3. Since WoW is basically wc3 with some bells and whistles, this isn't as complex as it sounds. You don't need 3ds max, you don't need to be an expert modeller, all you need is the two games and some useful 3rd party utilities. One of these utilities happens to be in russian - don't be alarmed, I'll walk you through it.

First off you need winmpq. Grab it from http://www.shadowflare.samods.org/.

You also need a WoW model viewer. Grab the latest wowmodelviewer from curse-gaming.com, or from my rar file.

Now. You've played WoW. You've got a character idea in mind. You might think it's as simple as exporting something from a viewer, but it isn't. You'll need to convert through several formats and use photoshop to mesh together your character's body gear. Shoulder armor and helmets are completely unique models I add to the model through the Sphere ability. More experienced mdl editors would merge the models, but I don't know how to do that and know one will give me a straight answer so that's not an option right now.

Let's say you want to do a mage in Magisters, like I'm about to do for my Arcane Division. She'll look a bit like this when she's done.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1076/tut00qm1.jpg

I haven't yet decided on a weapon set for her, so we'll worry about that after.

The first step is already done. We've got an idea what to do. We already know the magister's gear is probably in the patch mpq of WoW, since it was added in a patch. The first mpq we check for stuff probably added in a patch is obviously this mpq. For the Burning Crusade, all of the standard mpqs including the vanilla patch mpq were merged into one massive archive and it seems winmpq cannot open this file. Some model viewers apparently can, however, but most are confused by the new file structure and won't function.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4307/tut01it1.jpg

As my pink text states, I used winmpq's handy listing function to display just what I want - Dungeonmage_A_, which is the arcanist stuff. The purple versions are Sorcerer's, which doesn't really fit in the Loladin theme of bright goodness and may later be used in an Evil counterpart.

The _F and _M extensions on some of the files stand for Female and Male. Clearly, we're after the female-related textures.

Editor's Note - You actually need the glove texture under Hand, and the Robe Sleeve and and Arm Lower instead of the bracer. Otherwise the magisters will look really weird in the arm area. I didn't realize this initially.

All of the blps are obviously parts of a single big texture. WoW alphas these and places them on a single character texture, which we'll get to in a bit. First we now need the character model.

In the patch mpq, list the m2 files. At the very top will be the characters. Get the human female file.

Now, open up the older mdlvis in my file package. The old one has a black icon. Use the folder button and navigate to the location of your character's m2 file. Make sure you are viewing m2 files and open it. Don't do anything yet. You might get a popup window of some kind in confusing russian speak. Just click "Okay!" or the russian equivelent. Next, go to the place where file would be and locate the third selection, like this.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2986/tut02ly6.jpg

Now, close that mdlvis, and open the new one, the one with the pretty purple icon. The reason we don't do the whole operation in the newer mdlvis is because it completely screws the bones of the model and it animates in a horrible screwy fashion. However, the new mdlvis makes and otherwise 4-hour job quite simple for us.

Now, first off there's something to know about these m2's. They are actually containing about 250 different models, each called a Geoset. Wc3 will put these together to create our wonderful little magister, but there's a slight problem. First off, about 230 of those geosets we don't need because there's a geoset for virtually everything the model can possibly have, robes, legs, bracers, gloves, you name it. You'd better have your model viewer still trained on the mage, because you're gonna need it soon.

To simplify things for us, the new mdlvis has a button which will nuke the majority of the geosets which are actually duplicates caused by a material glitch in the converter. This will reduce the number of geosets to generally around 50. If you're only doing a monster or other mob and not worrying about characters, this is the last real model step you need to do. You can save and go on to textures.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9355/tut03nc6.jpg
However, for our mage here, more must be done. 

Glancing at the modelviewer image high above, you'll probably tell a big difference between it an our model. Well, first off, we can't see anything but the verticies. Now, read the text in this image to understand what to do next.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4357/tut04ne3.jpg

Now we get to the fun part.

As you may have guessed, the numbers with checkboxes next to them bellow the second function we just disabled are the actual geosets. With the function off, we can display only the ones we have checked. Now we can compare our shaded (Or textured, if you did the texture part already) model to the one in the viewer. We will click these boxes off and on to locate the pieces of models we want to keep. Leave the ones we want on. It should look like this when you're done.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3223/tut05bo0.jpg

Now, select the boxes one by one from first to bottom, including the ones we have selected. That means we should have all of the boxes we didn't have selected, and the ones we previously had selected to be unselected.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5836/tut06mc4.jpg

After having nuked the vertices you don't want, the editor auto deletes their corrisponding geosets, leaving us with just the stuff we want. Press the save button, and the majority of the model editing is behind us. If we happened to have deleted something we didn't want to delete, we can redo these steps easily enough.

You might be asking, "but there's no shoulder or helm stuff!" That's right. The character models have attachment points that WoW uses to attach them. Usually Wc3 can use these same points, too, but sometimes the character doesn't convert with attachment points set to the right areas and this costs us quite a bit of time to correct.

Now we have a character model almost ready to look at and begin diddling with. Now we can move back to the textures. Where ever you saved your textures and shoulders/helm, there is a big mess of directories. The easiest thing to do here is to copy all of those files out of their individual little holes and stick them all into one place, then slide all of the blp files onto the blp2totga exe, which will auto convert them to 32-bit tga files and toss them in the same directory they originated from.

Make note this batch conversion process is not perfect and sometimes the converter will anal some files, and photoshop will give an error when attempting to open them. Simply reconvert that particular file alone and it should work fine.

Before we can use these files, we need our character base file. This is where mywarcraftstudio comes in handy.

MWCS has the advantage that it can see the texture files before you export them, but the exporter flips them when it exports them and can do other weird shit at times. Run it, open the texture.mpq, and navigate to our logical folder - the human texture area. Immediately you're bombarded with a huge list of blp files. Each of these is a facial feature or body texture or face, with each type of color variant. WoW needs to dig through this every time it loads a character!

Grab hair00_05 (Right click it, extra to), then go into the Female area. Grab HumanFemaleSkin00_04.blp. It may not be the exact color of our preview, but it'll be close enough. If we want to grab a different face texture, grab one with **_04 in it, to match the color of the base skin. Be sure to grab both the face upper and face lower versions.

Now, we have our textures. Run photoshop, and be prepared for the biggest and possibly the most confusing (for newbies) step.

If you have some photoshop experience, this will be fairly straight forward. If not, you could be in trouble. If you use paint shop pro, you can still do this, but you can't do a 32-bit conversion (at least no psp version I know of can.) It NEEDS to be a 32-bit tga in its final form or else the blp conversion will anal it.

You probably know what to do, now. You've got a body texture, and a boatload of gear textures, each for a place on the body. We get to play doctor, in a way, sticking each piece of armor to the appropriate location. I'll use my noob photoshop skills to try to explain where each piece goes. It's best if you have snap on, so the pieces will "snap" together, and make your job easier.

First off, open your newest tgas besides the hair, the ones extracted using wc studio, and flip them vertically with rotate canvas. Select all in your face parts, copy them, and paste them on your base skin. Move them into position as you can probably figure out on your own. Snap will make this easier.

Now, I'll make a big picture to show the next step. You are basically copying and pasting pieces of armor, using the magic wand tool to remove any otherwise transparent parts. It'll be up to you to figure out which parts are originally transparent or should be. Usually they are a single base color, usually black.

Here is a big image to display this process a bit easier.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2450/tut07ju1.jpg

Editor's note - As previously mentioned the sleeve textures and glove textures I used for this particular example are the wrong textures, and should have been from the robe and hands sections respective, so they'd look a bit different and more uniform, like the example bellow.

Once done your skin texture should look like this.

Save a psd and a 32-bit tga. You'll have a psd with all of the layers to come back to later for whichever reason, and a tga that we will soon need.

Now, open the hair graphic, flip it, and resave it. Open wc image extractor II, use open image, open these images, and goto save. Save them as .blp files with the names -

Magisterskin.blp
Magisterhair.blp

With 100% quality.

Now, open your new .mdl file in Notepad or another text editor. Use Control F, or Find, to find "Textures", and find a section of text that looks like this.

Code: Select all

}
Textures 3 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "HumanFemaleBody.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "HumanFemaleHair.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "HumanFemaleCape.blp",
	}
}
Change it to look like this.

Code: Select all

}
Textures 3 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "Magisterskin.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "Magisterhair.blp",
	}
	Bitmap {
		Image "ponies\LOL.blp",
	}
}
Ponies\LOL.blp is the blank alpha file used to blank out things or just to stick in place of textures that we're not using but can't be assed to remove the material for. This file is included with your package. LOL PACKAGE. Make sure all of these files are in the mdl's directory, save LOL.blp, which should be in the Ponies directory. Save the Mdl, and open it in wc3 model editor.

So everything seems pretty sharp after I fixed my texture files (My sleeves and gloves were the wrong files initially). The majority of the work is behind us. All that's left now is animations and the shoulders/helm.

I'm pretty confident you can do the shoulders and the helm yourself, now. You've got the m2s, you've got the blps, and you know what to do with them. For human male and human female, you won't need to resize the shoulders. However, for larger characters, like Orcs and Tauren or Drenaei male, it's a good idea to give the shoulders a rescale of at least 1.2. Do this by entering the model editor, selecting all of the vertices and going into scaling under transformations.

Make note you can just convert the shoulders and helms using the newer mdlvis, since there's no animations to worry about it breaking.

Also note if you decide to do weapons and shields, the reflects can be alpha'd out since wc3 doesn't seem to support the dynamic movement of the textures, like WoW's "cubemap" emulation does.

For now, though, we need only worry about the character's animations.  Open both the sequence manager and the animation controller under Windows.

Now there is a few things to keep in mind.

This unit will be a ranged caster. The attack animations will not suit its weapon. We should rename all of the attack animations to something wc3 won't read, like "aaaaaa". It doesn't matter if these names are duplicates because wc3 will never read them.

Wc3 reads most anims with "stand", "attack", and "spell", and will mix them with others. This isn't good when you have about 20 stand animations, none of which are any useful for idle standing (various stances and such). Rename these as well.

The normal walk anim is actually walking. We want the running animation. So, rename walk to something like wwwwww, and rename walk fast to walk.

You can use just about any animation for any slot. To make priests dance randomly, I renamed their dance cinematics to stand animations. However, make sure they have "non looping" selected, or it'll cause glitches.

Rename the animations according to what will look proper for each slot. Note that special text, like "kick", wc3 won't read and I won't be able to use it in the game.

Wc3 will read "Stand, attack, slam, throw, channel, spell, work, alternate, morph..." and probably some others I don't know about. It will sometimes read sequences with these names and an unusual name with them, like stand fifth, but this doesn't seem to be very consistent and I don't know if I can use it to my advantage. Be absolutely sure to rename all decay animations. Rename the portrait talk animations so you don't get that annoying portrait constant talking thing.

As for giving the models sound events, that is currently beyond my knowledge. I can add a sound event, yes, but to actually determine when it will play is currently beyond the scope of my know-how.

Use Stand Ready to name a sequence for the "in combat" attack stance that is used between attacks.

You can place alternate at the end of names to make alternate versions. For example, you can make the dancing anims alternate so that some kind of morph ability can take advantage of them. You can also do this for some kind of weapon switching ability, say from two hander to a dual wielder.

After a bit of inspecting you will discover making a character use a bow would be ultimately impossible to make look right without merging animations. Merging animations is something far, far beyond my current know-how and I'm afraid I can't offer any advice.

After you've got your models ready to go, convert them to mdx by using war3fileconverter.

After you've got mdx's, working blps, and have tested it by importing it into wc3 and making sure it all works, give me a ring and let me know you've got something ready. If you've got any questions or comments, feel free to tell me on AIM or post here.

Program package - http://www.upload.campaigncreations.org/goatporn.rar

HKS has a more streamlined method to doing these things, and there's probably a lot I've forgotten that could make it a bit easier or a bit more simple. This is just to get you started, and I'm sure he'll point out my blatant mistakes soon enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Arcan »

Review of the heroes I played:
Fix High Priest's AoE Heal, and make it get +1 hp healed per Int (since all spells are getting the whole int-reliant thing to make them scale). If possible, also make it so Dinazen Oklar also heals 1% of the target's health in addition to what it does now, as it was nigh useless late game. For some reason I was hoping it wouldn't be when I first designed the skill.
Tempest Knight's orb needs a slow nerf. This will go really far in balancing him (I could kite melee heroes with it if they weren't too fast). Even if level 4 was 30% rather than 60%, it would be worth it.

I'd suggest that you make the ancient guy spawn when the four spawn buildings are dead in that lane, rather than when all the towers are dead; the current method makes them rarely be seen, and they're not THAT super-crazy overpowered, anyway.
Last edited by Arcan on Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[imgwh 275x155]http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp171/omgarcan/5c1e32e9bc2242cca51e957475e529825a4.gif[/imgwh]
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

I think you should stop adding new heroes for the moment and focus on balancing/completing the existing ones. The map is fucking drowning in heroes that don't really do much, like the goat.

I still think my crashing was because of Skeram. Otherwise, I don't see how I would crash and not anybody else.

As for divisions, I think it's already been established on vent, but Warriors need a buff and Molestinators need a nerf. I don't see why a level 5 dps creep would have more hp and armor than a level 5 tank creep, even with flail.

Also fix X's passive not displaying when it procs. Just make the string shorter or something.

By the way, have you looked at Extreme Candy Wars 2005? That map seemed to have a good execution of a rogue (that is to say, Stabbyman).

High Priest's purge seems a little odd right now. I'd rather it be a slow factor of 2 at levels 1-3 and 3 at level 4, with slight duration increase per level. Factor of 4 is pretty weak when they get all speed back in like 2 seconds. I'll post more detailed balance suggestions in the morning or something, since I'm tired as ass.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

LOL MISTAKES
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Mucky, I had previoudly stated that this week would be the last one for brand new heros for a long time. I can do the Grand Cross on Dinazen Olkar Changes.

Stabbyman isn's really a rogue, the only thing that makes him look like one is the combo points. In Candy Wars, you had to use an activatable ability to gain combo points, wheras here, you need to position yourself well. Eviscerate will soon only work on targets that have them Hemo debuff on them, so he cant just run in and one-shot dudes without at least attacking them first.

I'll look at purge.

I had already stated that the slow effect on Tempest would be getting a nerf (and, conversely, the damage reduction wont be as bad) I also might add like a 1.8 second cooldown so you cant use it to slow an entire creep wave. (Duration will be 4 seconds)

Skeram is gonna get like, a replacement ult for Avatar, Dark Gaze, which is essentially Aerial Shackles on ground units for 1200 damage over 10 seconds at level 1. I have no idea why you crashed, unless you like ordered a converted unit to attack ground.

Based on my experience playing the Worgen, I'm going to give him a small base move speed bonus so that I can sort of catch people witohut using my ult, but not really. Cannibalize might be replaced with some form of lifesteal, though, if this happens, the FUCK CRITICAL STRIKE will be nerfed, and since you all know how much I love critical strike, this wont happen. Also, On the Scent will instantly cast itself on all enemy player-controlled heros on the map, as was it's intention.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

10 second disable is too strong. People whined about jordan's 5second shackle before.

Also, I did intend to give the Goat at least most of his abilities for last night's SS but didn't really have the time to do it. I'll be reviewing the existing heroes a bit since my to-do list from last SS isn't full of constant rebalancing issues.

Also note that some creeps have artillery-type damage to gib things. If they are melee, and you use attack ground, wc3 will explode. However from my observations EVERYONE explodes in that circumstance.

Music still doesn't work, even with a tried-and-true method of adding it, so I'll assume blizzard somehow miraculously fucked the sound engine with one of their brilliant "bug fixes".

Also flail division was spawning one more molestinator than it should have, which I thought I already fixed.

Warriors got an all-around buff, and molestinator health was reduced to 1k.

Champion mechanics changed accordingly.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth

Post by tipereth »

Avatar of Doom will be reinstated as an ultimate, with Dark Gaze being an ability he had while in omgultameet form. In addition, if anyone has any ability suggestions for tier 1 heros on either side, POST THEM IN THIS THREAD. PM's will be ignored.