Ghost has been officially axed.

A collection of past threads worth keeping for the community to read.
User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby chris » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 am

stop generalising  ::)

no one has heard of garry's mod or Half life 2 death match, yet they are much better than counter strike once you get a hang of things.
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.

User avatar

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:35 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby Mucky » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:24 am

chris wrote:stop generalising  ::)

no one has heard of garry's mod or Half life 2 death match, yet they are much better than counter strike once you get a hang of things.


Firstly, you can't compare Garry's Mod nor HL2DM to CS, as they are games of completely different gameplay. Secondly, you don't even begin to speak for others when you say one game is better than another. Don't generalize? Then don't speak of your opinion as if others would accept it as fact.


wibod
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby wibod » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:19 am

chris wrote:stop generalising  ::)

no one has heard of garry's mod or Half life 2 death match, yet they are much better than counter strike once you get a hang of things.


Which explains why Gmod was changed to a retail game right?

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby Lavarinth » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:47 am

wibod wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:
wibod wrote:
Warbringer87 wrote:And Team Fortress 2 is way better than both of them :P


TF2 cannot compare to CoDs single player.


Too bad that's like comparing your mom to popcorn. ;D


TF2 as a package can't compare. The single player alone is light years ahead of any thing released in recent years, it's like a really good summer action flick. Also CoD MP>TF2


Once again, it's like you're comparing Final Fantasy to WarCraft. They aren't the same. Team Fortress doesn't HAVE single player and you keep going on about single player. IF Team Fortress had single player, then I could see your constant bombardment of CoD4 single-player this is great, CoD4 single-player that is great. I've SEEN CoD MP, and it's terrible. Far too unbalanced. The more you kill the easier it is to kill with airstrikes, radar, etc. Honestly, it should be the opposition losing getting that. I've seen too many games end with a 1:10 kill per team. And saying "no you suck" or "i havent seen those" doesn't nullify the fact that I have seen those games at least 3 out of 4 and my friends are the ones playing, not me. And they're creating that ratio since over half the people on Xbox Live play games like if they were eight year olds.

chris wrote:stop generalising  ::)

no one has heard of garry's mod or Half life 2 death match, yet they are much better than counter strike once you get a hang of things.


I've heard of Gmod in the early versions. I've heard of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch considering you GET IT with Half-Life 2. And I don't like Deathmatch, no strategy, so to me, it's not much better than Counter Strike. And as stated, obviously enough people have heard of Gmod, it's going retail. And I think ENOUGH comics and videos have been created to show that it DOES have a huge fanbase.

Example: http://www.hlcomic.com/archive/

chris wrote:
Desler wrote: Makes Bioshock look like an NES game.
:o


What's so shocking? He's right. I upgraded my comp for the sole fact to be able to play Bioshock maxed because I thought it'd be this revolutionary game in graphics. I was more than highly disappointed. Luckily the gameplay is a little appealing. I'll have to agree with him, I started playing Crysis and believe it knocks the graphics of Bioshock out of the water- No pun intended. However, I wont lie that I find the aliens in Crysis to be rather boresome when first introduced, I hope it doesn't continue like this. I'm tired of floating around in big chambers. I rather kill Koreans again.

Doctor Doack wrote:Honestly I wasn't terribly impressed with Crysis. As a game it sucked, and the graphics weren't terribly impressive to me. But then again, I've been spoiled on graphically-immense games like UT3 and E2160.


E2160 is graphically-immense? It ran fine on my older computer and would just splat a bunch of gray units on my screen with fancy laser beams. Almost like SupCom. UT3, I'll give you however, except that it looks far too similar to the creator's previous game- Gears of War.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

User avatar

Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Posts: 996
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:28 am
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby Zilla- » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:42 pm

I think its safe to say that Super Mario RPG for SNES was the best game ever.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8776
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby IskatuMesk » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Lol, E2160 has one of the most powerful engines on the market. If it looks like splats of gray to you, you need a new computer.

And yeah, it does run well - unlike most games like there right now, it's actually optimized. Fancy that!

Also chris you are a retard if you think Gmod wasn't popular even before it went retail.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero
Posts: 1470
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:31 pm
Location: Fort Worth
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby Marco » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Lavarinth wrote:revolutionary game in graphics. I was more than highly disappointed. Luckily the gameplay is a little appealing. I'll have to agree with him, I started playing Crysis and believe it knocks the graphics of Bioshock out of the water- No pun intended. However, I wont lie that I find the aliens in Crysis to be rather boresome when first introduced, I hope it doesn't continue like this. I'm tired of floating around in big chambers. I rather kill Koreans again.


Yeah, that is where the game kind of switches up and you can't use the same fun tactics you used against the Koreans.  But once you get out of the floating part it will pick up again, and some of the best scenes in the game (graphically) are past that.  Maybe its just the fact that I've dabbled in 3d rendering myself, but it has to be appreciated the huge amount of work that went into Crysis.  Every little effect you see on screen took someone days of work to achieve, no doubt.  Many times I stopped to smell the roses so to speak, just taking a look around at everything that was going on.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

Anise McConnell
Bryce Littlefield
Issac Rangel
Tyson Reznor

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby Lavarinth » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:29 pm

I know what you mean- Considering my major, I now know the difficulty artists face to create the effects we see, and although the Alien no-gravity area is a somewhat a bore to play, the design and graphics being displayed in there are amazing to me. I started to replay it to see what else there is in store graphically.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby chris » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:17 pm

I was shocked because people keep telling me about how great the graphics are for bioshock. Whereas on crysis people keep telling me that the graphics were a dissapointment.
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6579
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Well, how about you actually play them yourself and make the judgment on your own.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby chris » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:35 am

get me a 2.4GHz dualcore with geforce 8800 ultra and 2.0GB DDR2 RAM and I'll gladly do so.  :P
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.


wibod
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby wibod » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:04 am

chris wrote:get me a 2.4GHz dualcore with geforce 8800 ultra and 2.0GB DDR2 RAM and I'll gladly do so.  :P


lol shitty comp

User avatar

chris
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: Ghost has been officially axed.

Postby chris » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:14 pm

yes, very
Zilla- wrote:campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest

Lavarinth on podcast wrote:Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.


Return to “Depository”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests