About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Post by SilverGauntlet »

There is a problem I encountered in book 2. Prime Minister Kosseimaru's Raise Dead and Dark Ritual both have the hotkey R, and Raise Death take priority over Dark Ritual, which makes controlling a bit hard since Dark Ritual need a target while Raise Dead does not. Can you look into and fix this issue in the next Wanderers of Sorceria update, RazorclawX?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Post by RazorclawX »

As odd as it sounds I think that's one of the ones I keep fighting with the editor over. His skill set was always a bit on the volatile side in like every version because of it.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

I saw that you fixed the error I point out. Thank you for that.
However, there are quite a few more problems I encountered in my playthrough.
There are quite a few more units that had the same hotkey. For example: Chaos Blader with C for both Death Coil and Curse. Honestly, I can't remember all of the hotkey lapses.
I encounter a few inconsistency problems regarding tech tree. For example, in book 2, the Satyr tech tree is quite troublesome, as some unit upgrades, later levels' weapon and armor upgrades, Well Spring, and Ultravision do not unlock when the Corrupted Tree of Life is upgraded - perhaps because the corrupted Trees of Ages/Eternity are not identified as the Zande/Night Elf equivalent. I mean the upgrades stayed there without being able to do anything - except possessing Zande Wisps and reconstruct a Tree of Life, and it is slightly annoying. The same happened in book 5 chapter 3, where you have a Workshop that does not count as a Workshop - Cannon Towers cannot be upgraded from Scout Towers bought in Arcane Vault, requiring a workshop when the base already had one.
Also, Journal Upgrades do not work from Book 6's Sorceria core entrance onwards.
In book 4 and 5, there are some wording problems with Kurumi's Summoner class and Shizuka's Viper Sworder, or as I call, Viper Swordswomen, class. The Summoner class's Soul Blight said that the damage of the ability is fully dealt regardless of defense, but when I test it on a spell immune unit and a hero, I still wasted the cooldown and mana, while the spell immune unit I blasted does not take damage - and the hero take 75% of the indicating damage, indicating the damage dealt is magic, not pure.The Viper Sworder's first ability (Viper Strike if I am right) do damage, but if I remember correctly, it can target buildings (most other targeting abilities cannot) and cause poison damage over time on units (I don't remember if this is the case) - which is not mentioned in the ability description, as I only knew it when tested. Her second ability, Viper Requiem or something similar, got no damage description or number of targets that can be hit - I knew it deal about 250 damage at level 3, the poison deal about 10 or 15 damage per second (that I don't remember really well) and is not lethal, initial damage pierces spell immunity, can hit spell immune and mechanical units, and can hit maximium 6/12/18 units(The upgrading table said that throw up to 6/12/18 blades, which made me quite confusing, questioning if are all six blades unleashed if there are less than 6 target at level 1, or each unit only receive one blade. It turned out the latter is the case). The Aikido Training passive said that Shizu have 15% chance to deal double damage, but when I click on the ability, it shown a passive sub-ability saying that the crit chance is 20%.
I apologized if someone already reported some, or all, of my findings, or if you cannot fix some of the problems I encounter, or asking why I didn't report this eariler. I only finished book 2 when I posted the initial post.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Re: Book 2: I don't think you're supposed to be able to use the Satyrs' tech tree. I'm sure you found a way to Mind Control a Worker somehow, but it's so messy because it wasn't intended to be touched by humans.

Re: Book 5, Ch.3: how are you getting Cannon Towers available to you? You're not supposed to have access to those. (real answer: the Cannon Tower requires the other Workshop building)

Re: Journal Upgrades: that's intentional

Re: Kurumi's ability: it used to work like that many patches ago. Can't make it work like that because of hard coding. it IS possible to change it, but it's not easy and I'm not sure what to change it to (changing it requires quite a bit of work, actually).

Re: Shizuka's abilities: her first ability does hit buildings, it's intended. Her second ability throws 1 blade at each target per level of the ability, up to 6 total targets. So at Lv.3 one guy gets hit by 3 blades. The passive I'm not concerned with in the slightest; at one point it was 15%, but that's one of the things that got changed around over the years.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

About the Satyrs... yeah, I goes all out on Raise Dead to get my own army with workers that can harvest gold.
Book 5, chapter 3 is where I controlled Yue Fang and Scaldar, defending Redmont with the Jin tech tree. I remembered the Arcane Vault, or its renamed equivalent selling Scout Towers. Those gave me access to Guard Towers, Cannon Towers and Arcane Towers, with the second one blocked. And I remembered buying Scout Towers in Book 3, Chapter 8 and upgraded them into Cannon Towers after building a Workshop. In short, Scout Towers selling of the Arcane Vault is the reason why I can access a few tower upgrades.
And about abilities, I am okay with taking time to figure out the limit of my heroes' abilities and how they are in the campaign. I just suggest that you rewrite the description of those abilities, because it is hardly understandable to people who do not play Warcraft 3 that much, or people who does not have the patience to figure out the limit of their abilities.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

RazorclawX wrote:Re: Journal Upgrades: that's intentional
I feel I should elaborate on this more. The reason they don't work from then on is because whatever happens there isn't found in the Journals, therefore the Heroes gain no benefit from them.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

The Cannon Tower problem - and a few more - happened with the Chaos Legion tech tree. You cannot make Cannon Towers although the upgrade was there - I only knew that when I explored further into the Chaos Legion tech tree this time around. Fragmentation Shards upgrade for the Chaos Launchers is only available through Journal Upgrade for some reason, as far as level four of Book 5. About Lizardmen Tech Tree, do you plan to add weapons and armor upgrade for them? Because I feel confused when there were indications that upgrades are available but you cannot research them.
I also have some questions regarding stuff I do not understand and miscellaneous information: why the Chaos Sentinels had a mana pool that is never used, and why Black Sphinxes got the mana and health return even when they did not do any damage to Chaos units that had Resilient Soul - Journal upgrade? Also, were Sazabi and Shadra from Azeroth, as they metioned the Zandalari and Shadra the Spider Loa?
When I first played through book 5 chapter 5, Hikaru - Flame Sorcerer did not have enough XP to level 10 for some reason. And next level, most of the items and all the tome stats for Hikaru, Shizuka, Kurumi, Kevin are gone, with class choice reseted(Hikaru: Blaze Knight, Shizuka: Demon Hunter - I picked Priestess of Water, Kurumi: Summoner). I replay from my saved game at level 5-5, and got Hikaru to level 10, but the same thing happened all over again. Is there a reason for this screw-up?
Also Book 1, Chapter 1, Hard mode had half of Purgatory's kobolds placed where Hikaru meet Nekurow and in the bandit camp that had a Journal. Was that intentional?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote:The Cannon Tower problem - and a few more - happened with the Chaos Legion tech tree. You cannot make Cannon Towers although the upgrade was there - I only knew that when I explored further into the Chaos Legion tech tree this time around. Fragmentation Shards upgrade for the Chaos Launchers is only available through Journal Upgrade for some reason, as far as level four of Book 5. About Lizardmen Tech Tree, do you plan to add weapons and armor upgrade for them? Because I feel confused when there were indications that upgrades are available but you cannot research them.
Journal Upgrades are sometimes the only way something gets an upgrade and why sometimes something might have one that doesn't have one normally. It's way more than the Lizardmen that have weapon/armor upgrades.

It's also because sometimes the enemy AI gets it as part of a difficulty adjustment.

In the case of the Chaos Legion it's more than likely because they used to use Workshops and that part was never changed.
I also have some questions regarding stuff I do not understand and miscellaneous information: why the Chaos Sentinels had a mana pool that is never used, and why Black Sphinxes got the mana and health return even when they did not do any damage to Chaos units that had Resilient Soul - Journal upgrade?
Fairly sure the Chaos Sentinel kept their mana pool to protect them against getting stunned for having no mana (you would think being Spell Immune would be enough, but I'm fairly sure it isn't because I think Flying Guillotine, Feedback, and Mana Leech can get around that). Black Sphinx that's just a quirk of the ability.
When I first played through book 5 chapter 5, Hikaru - Flame Sorcerer did not have enough XP to level 10 for some reason. And next level, most of the items and all the tome stats for Hikaru, Shizuka, Kurumi, Kevin are gone, with class choice reseted(Hikaru: Blaze Knight, Shizuka: Demon Hunter - I picked Priestess of Water, Kurumi: Summoner). I replay from my saved game at level 5-5, and got Hikaru to level 10, but the same thing happened all over again. Is there a reason for this screw-up?
Some of the patches for War3 are fickle about the number of things you can save in the Gamecache and this is probably the one level that's usually affected by it. That's supposed to be fixed in the latest patch.

As for why the Flame Sorcerer can't get to Lv.10, it's probably some ability quirk not giving proper kill credit somewhere.
Also Book 1, Chapter 1, Hard mode had half of Purgatory's kobolds placed where Hikaru meet Nekurow and in the bandit camp that had a Journal. Was that intentional?
I don't know what you're talking about. As far as I know they only drop XP or skill books.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

What I meant about the Kobolds was that I don't know the reason you put a lot of level 1 Kobolds at the gate where Hikaru meet Nekurow and the Bandit Camp nearby - I cannot manfight all of the kobolds without cheat when first played - and have to go around them if I don't cheat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Probably because that's a bug.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

There's nothing I can find in the code that would make it act like that. It's like how in a completely random start of the Dragon Slayer Arena the Black Dream will randomly kill everyone in the opening cutscene due to RNG.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

I went through the campaign again, up to level 7 of book 5 now, and knew that 1.30 fixes the problem that reset my progress after Book 5-5, which is great, despite occasional crashes because of 1.30 itself.
Also, I found out a few details that can be improved, although I do not know if improvements are possible for all of them:
- Inaccurate tooltips makes researching confusing, although it does not affect the gameplay much. For example: Ensnare research for Chaos Wings is slightly confusing considering Chaos Soldiers already have Ensnare. Chaos Soldiers' Ensnare is another version, which cannot be casted on heroes and lasts shorter, though. Weapons and armor upgrades, researches like Disease Cloud and Ensnare in the Chaos tech tree, Master spellcasters are shown as Adept are other examples. Certain abilities of heroes also have this problem, Nekurow's Feral Spirit in book 1 for example.
- Azorbian (and Artesian in Level 1 Book 1) Town Halls/Keeps/Citadels/Castles having the Call to Arms ability despite Elven Workers being unable to become Militias.
- Elven Footman are indicated as Footman, which is slightly confusing, although changing their name is not necessary. Their Sentinels also last '0' seconds on the tooltip.
- AI is a bit screwy, as they do not rebuild towers, and they tend to sell unpawnable items, although I know improving it is not necessary.
- Mastyrial Warmages are unable to reach Master Rank in Book 4 chapter 7 although the unit have Inner Fire locked.
- Kevin/Kasumi do not revive in Book 5 chapter 5 although other heroes can get revived.
- Shadra's Arcane Missiles is a bit weak for 75 mana (which I think is intentional) and thematically wrong, since the animation was Shadra binding the targeted enemy and the spell is channeled, not launching missiles.
- Completing achievements in Hard mode counts, although the description indicate Normal mode (only).
- Book 5 Level 1's Picking Off the Litter achievement talks about Chitinstrike, which is not accurate most of the time, since there are quite a few possible Nightblade hero names, Chitinstrike included.
- Also the Spider Queen hero class naming for Velcana and some other Nerubian heroes throughout the campaign is inaccurate, and for Velcana, it is a very huge spoiler. I suggest rename the class as Nerubian Sorceress or something less inaccurate, since they use Frost magic, indicating them as undead mages Warcraft wise.
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

I finished Book 6, and all other books three times each, and noticed a few things:
- Tether Rifle can attach Kasumi and some other characters.
- Burrowed Scaldar can be pushed back by Hikaru, the New Game Plus boss, off the wall. Same thing happened when Scaldar the Spider God class Burrow Strike an enemy boss off the wall. I doubt this can be fixed though.
- Metallus move off the map when I fought him as Twister Ziel, although he do reset (NG+, Free Mode, Book 6). But I suggest giving him and other melee bosses ability to attack air, because it was too easy messing with them.
- Hokuto can teleport out of a Boss fight using a resurrection stone, without an ability to teleport back in (NG+, Free Mode, Book 6)
- Fewer dialogues in Book 6 New Game + than I expected, especially Ziel and certain Heroes of Pentawa in Free Mode, although not adding is fine, just my personal frustration to generic voicelines.
- Mastyrial Warmage have Inner Fire displayed and locked, requiring Master Training which is absent from the techtree (just a rephrase for one of my points in my last post). Perhaps that is the case for Journal Upgrades being the only way something gets an upgrade?
- Certain chapters in Book 6 had way too many units. Example: Hikaru's North District run, where the Sorceria Guardians have a ridiculous number of Morkoth mages, the Naga siren based ones. West District: 8 Seawing Dragons with Cripple and 2200 HP each are released when a building of the Sorceria is destroyed, encountered in Free Mode and Hikaru's run. By far the worst problem, so I hope this is not something that happen randomly.
- The patch was 1.30.1, and I believe that patch was the reason certain chapters were crashed, since I was forced to update since the Book 5 Data loss incident, so I would suggest an update for the patch.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

- Fewer dialogues in Book 6 New Game + than I expected, especially Ziel and certain Heroes of Pentawa in Free Mode, although not adding is fine, just my personal frustration to generic voicelines.

I think one of the bigger issues I found out about this while making it is not very many of the characters even met the bosses.

- The patch was 1.30.1, and I believe that patch was the reason certain chapters were crashed, since I was forced to update since the Book 5 Data loss incident, so I would suggest an update for the patch.

The patch broke a lot of things, one of the biggest things is the really-common situation where two different abilities use the same BuffID. That's practically every map in existence.

I'm mostly okay with Twister Ziel being bonkers broken, but we'll see.

The thing with Hikaru facing too many units is likely a bug.

============================
ED:
- Mastyrial Warmage have Inner Fire displayed and locked, requiring Master Training which is absent from the techtree (just a rephrase for one of my points in my last post). Perhaps that is the case for Journal Upgrades being the only way something gets an upgrade?

This seems to be a Blizzard problem. In 1.26 the upgrade works exactly as it should (beside the tooltip error for the Rank).

- Tether Rifle can attach Kasumi and some other characters.

I don't doubt that it can, just as long as they don't get moved.

===================
ED2:

I don't see any massive mob of Seawing Dragons in the West District nor can I get a swarm of them to pop up when destroying a building. Playing latest patch 1.30.1. /shrug

Found out why Metallus just simply can't attack air as he's the same unit version as the playable one. I'll give him an Orb of Fire and that'll probably do the same thing.

It turns out all the instances of the Mastyrial Warmages ARE correctly set, even down to the tooltip settings. Or, at least, their settings and all associated upgrades are identical to what they should be for their main unit counterparts, so some funny stuff is happening under the hood.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

[bbvideo=1280,720]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ndYpPc ... e=youtu.be[/bbvideo]I got a video for the overflowing of Seawing Dragons and the multiple spellcasters trained problem.