LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

edu 6-2, which introduces the concept of Rotations, is now available.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

edu 6-3, which is a continuation of 6-2, is now available.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It's that time of the year again! The time I put on my fedora and tip it at at the website in an effort to make it slightly less retarded.

A drunken swedishman showed me how to make the side bar follow your scroll, so that'll be nice to have if you want to jump to something on it without scrolling back up.

I've added more terms to the terminology list in the About section. Something you'll probably see over the short term is me trying to dick with the layout a bit to make that about section and the related links a bit more prominent. It's a tossup between adding them to the sidebar and making it more busy for little again or finding a way to make them pop out more on the top bar. I don't really like the header of the site that much, I'd much rather have some custom graphics for it and a way to make those buttons in it fit a little more snugly, but I have to make due with what I'm capable of.

Some of the pages are getting tidied up as I go along as well. Horray!

Edu 6-4 is being worked on.

/edit

Holy shit is Chrome a terrible browser. Clearing cache is under "Advanced" and it can't accept gradients without a special command. This is beyond ridiculous.

/edit

Yes, still goofing with the site. I'm not sold on the side bar movement yet, especially since I can't get the header to move with it without some rectal spelunking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Tonight there were a few more changes made to the site.

Currently, the article kind of scrunches into the header a bit, and name for the article may clip or vanish within if you're viewing it on something like a phone. I'm not entirely sure how to correct that, but it isn't a high priority at this time.

/edit

For some mindblowing reason, The Ball was not given the Rancid award. I've hastily corrected this grave error.

/edit 2

Ok, site work is looking pretty solid now. I still have some to-do, notably pulling off the few outstanding externally hosted images (most outstandingly the AO gif's which I need to find the source gifs for or make new ones somehow). There's still some restructuring I might do but the overall appearance and layout is much more cohesive than it was.

/edit 3

Just been notified they're selling the house.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new Coffee Hour has been released.
KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by KnoutOut »

pssssst, hey mesk! It's been a long time! I've checked out your gameproc site and viewed the latest edu releases, and I once again I enjoyed them greatly! Hearing your thoughts and explanations for various concepts is always time well spent, and it never gets dull either, like in the latest ones you talk about rotation and action economy, and while I was kind of familiar with that, it did thoroughly clarify and solidify my knowledge in this matter. I feel like, if I was put in charge of a game development studio right now, I would be able to pull off a masterpiece, or sob endlessly at the sight of my worker's capabilities. I'm excited for the next edu releases, and what I'm going to learn there!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Those new edus are basically just the building blocks for that segment. Segment 6 will be pretty huge overall once completed which, so long as I can keep a roof over my head in the coming months, should see reasonably successive releases.
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

Ooooh, the damn housing situation again.. I would wish for you to have peace from that shit, as it just keeps coming back to haunt you. There has to be a way to fight that off, I hope you find it, be it by securing a new income or stopping the snakes from snatching up what little aid you recieve. I do not like seeing a great content creator in a struggle to remain owner of their own roof over the head.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Right now the ball is entirely in the Real Estate's court. It's up to them to find an investor for the house, should one exist. If not... then we're doing the 2014 tango all over again.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have released edu 6-4 and uploaded four Guild Wars 2 videos, three of which were once a part of the youtube channel that was taken down quite some time ago and a fourth which never saw public release. Those GW2 videos are a part of the Extras section and replace the defunct youtube links that were there until very recently.
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

The sudden break into metal gear solid's dark prophecy midway through the edu-video, and the quick return to the topic without referring to it again had quite the Nice touch.
And it's true, plain visible to the eye infact, but not to those who grow up in this swamp of mediocrity. I hold the belief, that if they see how a good game looks like, they'll realize that they have been wallowing in dirt the entire time. I mean, it's kind of like in the weimar republik, everyone just wastes away in a war-broken nation, plundered by it's neighbours, and one inspirational leader later, it's fighting the entire world on it's own.
That's one of the reasons I like your edu-videos so much. They give me the knowledge and assurance, that I could create the next Hitler for the games industry. And if not me, perhaps someone else watching it!

I am always learning more, and I am looking forward to the next episode!

PS: Your music selection rocks!!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

KnoutOut wrote:Nice touch.
Hitler
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I present to you:

The pinnacle of insanity.

I still remember when deluxe versions for physical games went for less than this, and that's in CAD.

Instead all you get with this is the same Wight model with a retexture.

How on earth is this company still in business?
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

It's in business for the same reason why girls buy i-phones costing over 1000$, it's not the content that matters, but what it REPRESENTS!

It's the same shit with dark souls, which you have talked about, like half the people that bought it didn't even make it to the first checkpoint, but it does not matter to them, they only wanted to be part of the "real" gamer-community, or some shit.

I think the only solution to these kinds of people is to strip them of their personal rights, remove them from the voting block, and then employ them in HARD manual labor, either under the scorching heat of the desert ... or the freezing colds of Siberia. And they must never come back.... yeeeah.....
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I think you might be right

/edit

Meanwhile, we get an appointment for today that goes 2 hours late and multiple phone calls in to discover they had in fact just silently cancelled and told no one.