Book 1 lvl10 with items, quest finished

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

khenny123
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Book 1 lvl10 with items, quest finished

Post by khenny123 »

just the titles says..should i delete my SorceriaBook1.w3p save to reset it? or is it intended in the 4th edition?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Book 1 lvl10 with items, quest finished

Post by RazorclawX »

It's intended as part of the 'new game plus' feature (mainly because I like the idea of being able to steamroll things on a second playthrough with stuff you already got before).

If you want to start from scratch it's easier to make a 'new account' and play from there. It's a bit difficult to start fresh otherwise (admittedly the reset function is at the end of the campaign, but I don't think it works 100% anyway).

---

Oh yeah, guess I didn't answer the other questions. The completed quests are the 'achievements' and they're basically 'do once, done forever' sort of thing. They're supposed to be saved as soon as you get them.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
khenny123

Post by khenny123 »

Does the game gets harder in the NG+ feature?

EDIT:
"steamroll things"

It should be a little bit harder especially when you already have items and max level but i think it takes more time again adjusting things i guess? so i just hope you'll make more of those X stories and continuations of the story
Anaxie

Post by Anaxie »

Yes it does get harder bosses have extra phases.

The difficulty isn't so noticeable vs Ziel or the Eredar. But when you prepare to fight heroic Shion. Prepare to clench your asshole and figure out how to beat him. Ayame's Hydra fight is a death wish throwing 2 hydra against you. ect.

I usually just unlock the dragon arenas with editor and get the heroes to the level required for the NG+ Features and save and leave their item slots blank. That is my ideal playthrough.
khenny123

Post by khenny123 »

hmmm no items is kinda hard especially at the Tower of the Gods where you fight Shyron

also Razorclaw, Book 4 Madoshi Strike level Kanna and Shion can walk over waters.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

khenny123 wrote:also Razorclaw, Book 4 Madoshi Strike level Kanna and Shion can walk over waters.
Fixed.
-- Razorclaw X
khenny123

Post by khenny123 »

I'll just post my problems here in this thread so...

In Book 5 Chapter 5, i can't go pass the entrance to the Boss "?Tantaruse?". Trees are blocking the way. Tried using cheats to see if there's a hidden lever or something but it doesn't have any.

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I figured out what happened. It turns out that Blizzard actually fixed the 'neutral' version of Flame Strike so it doesn't burn down trees anymore, and Firewall's damage component is based on the 'neutral' version (so is Mirror Slice's for that matter).

The implication of this is Blizzard seems to have quietly fixed a few of the really old ability quirks.

In the meantime if you Accept Hokuto or take the Third Option Hokuto burns down the trees for you, although I think maybe I should change it so the trees are removed regardless since there's honestly no point to it.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Fix is uploaded.
-- Razorclaw X
khenny123

Post by khenny123 »

RazorclawX wrote:Fix is uploaded.
Thnx

New problems? (question marks because im not sure if it is intended or not...ill post the screenshots later)

Book 5 Chapter 5, the golems won't attack after picking up the seals of keela? they attacked when i was playing the 3rd edition before

Also, Mech Armor units weapon upgrade won't level up?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

khenny123 wrote:Book 5 Chapter 5, the golems won't attack after picking up the seals of keela? they attacked when i was playing the 3rd edition before
They did it for me.

To be honest that map was always kind of fickle with Save/Load games because of how much of the 'new' triggers it used that came after TFT expansion came out and Blizzard didn't test them that thoroughly. The Image triggers, for instance, never survived a loaded game (neither do the Lightning triggers for that matter, but they're a lot more useful so I just have to deal with it) so that was the first and last map I ever used them on.
Also, Mech Armor units weapon upgrade won't level up?
They use the Undead infantry upgrades (all of the Altar-built units do, it's a bit of a holdover from the first two Books that I never bothered to change ever).
-- Razorclaw X
肏你妈妈
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by 肏你妈妈 »

I would like to know how to post a picture on this site
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Use the left button under the Quick Reply box. You get sent to the full reply window.

There's a tab under the three grey buttons, one has "Options" and the other is "Attachments". You want the one that says "Attachments" and that gives you an option to add stuff like pictures to the post.
-- Razorclaw X
khenny123

Post by khenny123 »

BOOK 6
I got questions/concerns about Book 6 if using Free Mode Character.

~What will happen to the main characters?
~Will the character picked proceed to the core of sorceria?
~IF the Free Mode character change to Main Characters when going to the core, what will happen to the MCs inventories i.e. Shizu, Hikaru, Kurumi, Scaldar, Yue Fang and others?
~Was it intended that items in the nexus disappear after clearing a district? (i cant remember from the 3rd edition haha)

btw, thnx for the replies
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

~What will happen to the main characters? There's separate versions of the Nexus District stages for all three Heroes plus the Free Mode version.

~Will the character picked proceed to the core of sorceria? Yes.

~IF the Free Mode character change to Main Characters when going to the core, what will happen to the MCs inventories i.e. Shizu, Hikaru, Kurumi, Scaldar, Yue Fang and others? It doesn't affect that at all. Only the four main districts would be affected. Whatever items they had in your playthrough when you entered the Nexus District is what they have when you see them again.

Or, at least, it's supposed to be like that. Roughly.

~Was it intended that items in the nexus disappear after clearing a district? (i cant remember from the 3rd edition haha) Yes. Mostly because it would be such a hassle to keep track of them all.
-- Razorclaw X