Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition New Models

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Anaxie
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition New Models

Post by Anaxie »

Oh no what happened to poor Johan! :(

he is looks like a child next to hikaru. he also looks very feminine and slender. I feel the burly nature of his previous model was perfect representation of the Blond Dogi.

Hikaru might have too long legs. looks like hes walking on stilts :(

no other issues from book 1/2 love Kanna's new model. shizuka is always awesome. kossimaru and nekrow look great. New Kasumi is far less comical and FAR easier too look at. Ziel was fine before. still fine now. i get the whole vibe you were trying to provoke with the Sorcerians since most of them are actually teenagers outside purgatory.

Johan might be fixed with a slight bit more height and bulk and he won't look so awkward next to hikaru and may make hikaru himself come off less awkward.

Would like to hear others chime in. Since as far back as 2005 I've been deeply attached to these characters you created and by far is one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. WoS as a standalone game is something I would pay full $60 retail for.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition New Models

Post by RazorclawX »

Oh, I assure you the problem is entirely Johan. I concluded Hikaru was fine when I decked him out as a convincing Adol.

He wasn't even going to get a new model until I realized he was going to be the only (human*) character that wasn't and that he'd look seriously out of place (and thats beside the fact I hated using the Villager model for him in the first place), except even that looks off. I considered for a time to replace him with a WoW human-type model, but that looked even worse.

The sad thing is he looks the best with the tuxedo. His Villager-style outfit only really worked on the Villager.

* most of the non-human models didn't change, either.

ED: haha no, I lied. Turns out it was Prince Ingram that was the last one changed, but he really need it bad. That was one lazily-done model and skin pair that he literally had squiggles for eyes.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Well you're in luck. I found I left a mistake in one of the models that needs to be fixed (in some models Hikaru's neck is not attached to his chest, you can imagine how silly that looks, but it was only noticeable in his attack animations).

Screw it. Went YOLO on Johan by exaggerating every proportion on his body (especially his hands are bigger than his head) and he looks much better.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Anaxie

Post by Anaxie »

So... whenever this model gets released.... I think Nekurow might need an update.... its too amazing not to use.