LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by IskatuMesk »

As promised, I have also released two Golden Axe segments in the graveyard.

I am now considering casting active again and plan to do a DMC3 Very Hard Vergil run.
nu1x
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by nu1x »

IskatuMesk wrote:As promised, I have also released two Golden Axe segments in the graveyard.

I am now considering casting active again and plan to do a DMC3 Very Hard Vergil run.
Neat !
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have posted six developer commentary videos on my D&D oneshots I ran a while ago.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have done a little bit of cleanup here and there, like adding some links to the LP thread.

Most importantly, I have decided to finally deprecate the Blog and remove it from GP's side bar since having 3 separate locations for posting the same updates was a little silly. GP's news posting location will be the place most major updates are posted, while comments will be focused here at CC.

Casting is active and I am working on side projects while managing a very sizable load of IRL work. Things are going pretty smoothly right now.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new coffee hour is now available.
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

Thanks for the update !
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

impalevir.png
headpats.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The company's name was chosen because it was alphabetically above Activision, implying that Absolute Entertainment was superior to Activision . It was the same strategy that Activision chose when the programmers left Atari.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Entertainment

Just a reminder these are the kinds of people leading the American games industry.
Rocco
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Rocco »

IskatuMesk wrote:
The company's name was chosen because it was alphabetically above Activision, implying that Absolute Entertainment was superior to Activision . It was the same strategy that Activision chose when the programmers left Atari.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Entertainment

Just a reminder these are the kinds of people leading the American games industry.
Same kind of people leading American everything.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new Castover is now available - The Rocketeer.
The music, composed by some guy calling himself "The Fat Man" in the credits, amounts to arbitrary junk fed to the Super Famicom's FM chip that won't even resemble music if you don a golden ring and stretch that definition past the tearing point. No point for any more words, go watch the video, then figure out who was in charge of NoA's QA department at the time and send them little boxes of cat shit in the mail.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

A new Castover is now available - Space Ace.

(I casted this at 30fps so that's why I got confused by some "invisible lasers" at some point, as it turns out watching this at 60 is far harder on the eyes)

(I just re-upped the file since I accidentally used old audio, so if for some reason your DL got fucked prior to this edit, that's why.)
broadwise.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Foreword regarding an upcoming release -

I have encountered an issue with the Audition compressor that will be audible during much of the game's music. I believe it is as a result of the music itself being compressed, but also due to the fact I have been recording with a considerably higher volume than normal for reasons I will explain in the cast itself.

Essentially, music becomes growly/distorted. This is due to the RMS detector being at a very fast speed (1ms or faster). If I change this setting to make it slower it smooths out the signal for the music but my voice volume typically gets extremely elevated as a result. Basically, it needs to be that fast to catch my voice consistently. Game audio otherwise is largely unaffected.

Prior to segment 7, there's only a few cases this becomes disruptive. However, one location in Segment 7 prompted me to switch to another preset I had created during my compressor experiments some months (years? Can't remember tbh) ago. The audio is superficially very similar but the distortion is smoothed out a bit, so it should be less disruptive.

I apologize in advance but this is a price that is paid for being able to control my voice in an audio stream containing both voice and game audio. Allow me to once again express my deepest hatred for the fraps developer who continues to refuse to update the program with basic features like multiple stream recording, ASUS for making shitty sound cards, the OBS developers for eating shit off their feet, all the other neanderthals who make unusable garbage like camtasia so that consistent high-quality recording results are impossible to obtain, and Canada for ensuring I will never have the money necessary to fund a proper Analog recording solution that would bypass all of the previously mentioned issues.

Obtaining optimal audio has been a non-stop dance since the video tango began so many years ago. It will never be resolved. All I can do is try to roll with the flying dicks and make the best with what I have.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

As I mentioned quite some time ago, I had long planned to delete my youtube page, which is now done.

I do not want to be associated with such a shady service who actively promotes fraud and low-quality service.
Jee-Host[gm]
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Jee-Host[gm] »

Oh, in that case, could you by chance (if it is still available somewhere in the bowels of archives or whatnot) upload the first part of viking concise compilation you did a while ago for YT on gameproc? It's just that I used to re-watch that particular video to cheer me up every once in a while. Didn't bother to download it back then since I have the entire LP saved and all...

But anyway... Managed to sit through D3 crawl. It was really mentally draining. More and more with more modern games I get the feeling like guys did in John Carpenter's "They Live" - I feel like we might literally become dumber just from exposing ourselves to such things))) But expose we do nonetheless ^_^
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Diablo 3 has that effect on people. Don't worry, there's some fantastic highbrow entertainment lined up for release in the very near future. I've just been slowed down by colossal stress overloads is all. Same old.

All Viking concise episodes now available on the viking page. http://www.gameproc.com/index.php?id=le ... rd&lang=en

God the audio quality is bad in these...