SC BW Custom Campaign: Antebellum

GrimReaper308
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

SC BW Custom Campaign: Antebellum

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2hvbylnkalq7 ... mEz9a?dl=0

Hey guys,

I am working on a custom Starcraft BW campaign. I am calling it Starcraft Antebellum. It basically takes place 2 weeks after Brood War. The campaign follows the events that lead up to Wings of Liberty.

I will try my very best to stick with canon in the campaign-eg Duran does not kill Kerrigan. It is my hope that Blizzard will take notice of this campaign and make it canon, maybe even include it as SC BW DLC. I have the first 2 missions done now, which you can download from the link.

Each mission is going to have a different difficulty. Example, 1st mission is hard, second one is also hard, then the 3rd one is easier, but still a little challenging.

I will try to upload a mission once every 2-4 weeks.

This campaign is currently in beta. Let me know how you like the missions in the comments! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Download instructions: Download the maps from the link as instructed, then put the maps in your SC map files. I would place them in a custom campaign folder of some kind, which you can create.
GrimReaper308

Re: SC BW Custom Campaign: Antebellum

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Hey guys...mission 3 is now live! With school starting up and everything, I can maybe do 1 mission every 4 weeks at best.

Again, play through the mission, and let me know how you like them in the comments, along with any feedback you all have.

Oh, and on a side note, I toned the difficulty down this mission, and things won't get that hard again until you leave the planet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2hvbylnkalq7 ... mEz9a?dl=0
deadmoon
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Post by deadmoon »

Hey, I just played your first mission. It was quite interesting challenge but I had a problem.
The Commander couldn't teleport from the beacon next to the Command Center to the Protoss island.
So I just moved a Wraith to acquire the neutral units, destroying the Protoss base, but unable to see the end cinematic of the mission.

I will start the second mission today later, or tomorrow and I'll write back!
Good job though!
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Huh...odd. will fix asap
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

You know what? I think I see your problem. The Beacon to teleport the Commander is not next to your command center.

There is a small protoss base just south of the the protoss island. it is accessible by land.

Also, in mission 2, you only get control of the dropship after you get to the crystals, but you need to bring your commander to the loading deck first before you can get to the crystals.
deadmoon

Post by deadmoon »

All working perfectly! I finished them all and waiting for the next ones!
I really loved the 3rd mission, but what the fuck with that minefield near the Command Center? xD
I sacrificed like ~300 marines to get through!
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Sorry i have been away for a while. School has me really busy.

I am going to release a new mission later today or sometime early tomorrow morning.
I will try to roll out mission 5 before Christmas, but it needs a LOT of programming done. So until i get a decent block of time to do some work on it, I can't release mission 5.

Again, sorry about the delays.
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Sorry i have been away for a while. School has me really busy.

I am going to release a new mission later today or sometime early tomorrow morning.
I will try to roll out mission 5 before Christmas, but it needs a LOT of programming done. So until i get a decent block of time to do some work on it, I can't release mission 5.

Again, sorry about the delays.
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are all thankful for different things-friends and family, your favorite sports team, your pet...mission 4 of SC Antebellum being live, a nice cooked-wait WHAT?!?!?!

Thats right! Mission 4 is now live, after a two month hiatus! You can find all the missions athttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/2hvbylnkalq7 ... mEz9a?dl=0. Play through the mission, and let me know how you like them in the comments, along with any feedback you all have. Also, there are spider mines in this map, so DO NOT lose your detectors, or your going to have a rough time.

3 other items I'll go ahead and get off my chest-
1)I want mission 5 to be my best one yet, so you won't see any new missions for a month at least.
2) Do any of you know a youtuber who likes to play custom SC Campaigns? If so ,please tell them about this campaign, I'm sure they'll enjoy it.
3)Sorry about all the delays. I will try to release one mission a month from this point forward...so my next mission is my Christmas present to all of you guys! Thanks for all of the feedback, you guys are awesome!

GrimReaper308, out.
deadmoon

Post by deadmoon »

Hey, I'll play the 4th mission in the following days and i'll write back!
deadmoon

Post by deadmoon »

Hey, I finished it. You could place more mines and/or remove some of my units though. I kind of went 'All In' without too much care and I still won. xD.

Any way, I am waiting for more.
noname
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by noname »

I`ll definitely play this when you relase all missions. Cheers!
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Hey you all. I am so sorry I could not release the 5th mission on Christmas. Long story short, my school pushed our midterms after Christmas break, so I have been studying like the devil for them...once they warp up in a week or so, I can pick up development again.

On a side note, I have an idea on what I want my campaign to be. My plan is to have the final edition of this campaign by June 15th, although, being 6 months out from now, it is tentative.
deadmoon

Post by deadmoon »

Just take it easy and release maps whenever you can. Don't push yourself.
GrimReaper308

Post by GrimReaper308 »

Hey guys,

Sorry I have been inactive for awhile. Life got in the way of things.

I should have mission 5 released within a week. The original one I designed was too much, so I am scrapping it. Since I am on break, I should have this mission out in time for Easter.

After I get off break, I am going to be busy until mid June, so I will probably not release anything else until then.

Thanks for your support, and again, sorry I took 4 months.
UPDATE: I had some PC issues the other day...I'll be travelling today, so early Tuesday is likely when this will be released
UPDATE: Have to push it back to Friday at latest...just came up with an idea for something cool.
Sorry I am pushing back, trying to spend some time with my family
Last edited by GrimReaper308 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.