LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
Schwa
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by Schwa »

Schwa has handed me the final document. My priority is to get this project complete at long last. After or during I will focus on starting on some Castovers. There are some good ones waiting...
I can only imagine it was like pulling teeth. Reviving a ded schwa is never easy. Here's hoping turn-over for future documents is less than 6 months (barring more bullshit from converting file formats).
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It's understandable. I haven't exactly been active in those six months either. It's shameful, really. Going from one anxiety attack to the next without any end in sight. I've been totally out this week because I have to try to weed eat this lawn before the landlord spontaneously shows up, granny tried accupuncture and is having some kind of reaction to it, two cat appointments in a week, drives dying, god it never ends.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

While Unreal 4 is not producing very satisfactory results with my current setup for producing renders, I have reached a satisfactory stage with the orthographic renders from 3ds max. I won't be making any wireframe renders like originally planned as I can't achieve what I wanted, but I may yet try to make a short animation with that ue4 material later down the line.

I have started processing the next educational video.

/e

Jesus, the ortho renders for the tech doc stuff are taking up to 10+ hours a piece. This is so not getting done any time soon. Ugh... I think I'll just process the text and move on elsewhere and just do the renders in the background of misc work.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

After nearly a year of succumbing to stress, depression, and terrible gameplay, I have finally released FF6. Both the LLG compilation and the bonus dungeon are on a to-do with the former being about halfway complete and the latter to await a more distant, future recording session.

I don't know where I will go next. I still have a myriad of old projects to catch up to, so I'll probably get these castovers a little more worked out and release some soon-ish. I'd like to get Golden Axe finished and maybe do some of the shorter games I wanted to run earlier like Sonic 1-3 but it all depends on how I feel, and I really just feel like shit every hour of the day, so there's no use making plans right now. We dodged the second cancer scare but it's just fucking impossible to shake off this anxiety.

Apex U seg 0 is also released if you were interested in that. I've already gotten balls-deep into seg 1.

/edit

Nevermind about the LLG compilation. I just realized the power outages we've been having killed all my work on it. Sigh.

/edit 2

Got ps2 working at an acceptable quality.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

If you are in possession of Stabbyman 02 (one of my old rogue videos), please let me know ASAP.

Only this one. I have the others.

Also I put up Edu7-1.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

7-2, Stabbyman (from the days of yore), and another ancient wow video are now all available.

I was never able to find evidence of Stabbyman 02's existence, nor was anyone else I talked to. If it did exist, it's gone forever.
DefinitlyNotKnoutout
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by DefinitlyNotKnoutout »

stabbyman 02 exists in our hearts, steadily stabbing away at what is only a dark crumpled lump of seething hatred.
Spoiler
G A Z E L L E
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Edu 2-4 and 6-1 are now available.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Congratulations to my American viewers for sticking a tiny-handed middle finger in the face of political correctness. God Bless God-King Trump, may his reign be glorious and just. Now, on with the burgers!
nu1x
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by nu1x »

"One man can start a landslide with the casting of a single pebble"
-from The Legend of Thor from the Age of Apostasy

- Ecclesiarch Deacis IX, Warhammer 40K

For the Emperor !
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Wow. It's almost December already...

I don't really have much to say. 2016 is the worst year since I started casting for productivity. It's 10 years since 2006 when everything went to the shitter so it's only poetic it brings me this close to the edge. 2017 may well be my last. I hope I can end it all on a good note, but the trends aren't looking trumpy for me right now.

I'm uploading D&D castings as they are made and I put up the RTD black sun render test that was for the tech document, since I doubt I will have the drive to actually do anything with that project now. I think D&D is the only reason I pulled out of the spiral that was summer. But I'm stuck in this mire of moldy interns and I really can't find my way out. I do know that what I am doing or trying to do is just not working. It's actually a really simple equation.

I consider the Apex writing venture dead. It died 51 pages into seg 1 when I realized I don't like descriptive writing enough to bother. I am accustomed to throwing away all my work anyways. The reason I was able to piss out scripts and not actual writing was because scripts was something I believed would be useful for something, and the writing is just trash and I can't delude myself into thinking it has any value because I know it doesn't. I was creating it for a dishonest reason and in that I was succumbing to the same kind of developer mindset that lead to the creation of Starcraft 2 - greed and no passion. I was greedy in that I wanted to make something but it was a dispassionate and therefore dishonest venture, ultimately betraying the ideals that gave Apex life to begin with.

I can't cheat my way around this. There is only one true path and I have to find it in me to commit to it like I did before 2006.

No matter what the future holds, I have to be willing to try to do something, even if that something isn't what seems the best idea when logically grounded. But whatever I am doing right here, right now, it isn't working, and I am suffering because of it. I hate feeling like this. I hate having literally nothing to get up to. Somewhere, somewhere the fire of passion is still lingering. I have to find it or the blackness will never lift before the end.

Dante's Inferno proved it isn't about the content. It's about the state of mind. I may come to regret what I am going to try to do with this knowledge, but if it means finally moving forward again, then so be it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I am now in active production once again. The full breadth of the tattered works of the last few months will hopefully coalesce in December, but it remains to be seen what exactly will happen.

I can tell you for sure I am re-attempting the Apex CGI and will be producing dev videos for it.

I'm also working on 1.1 for seg 0.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Nothing major, but a rant article, some small work on site assets, shanktarium s3, and the tiny ur-dragon segment for ddda I forgot to post a long time ago are now up. I've been nosing for other content I hadn't upped but it really does seem I am missing some files I should not be missing.

Anyways, some other outstanding stuff I want to get around to sorting out includes the innumerable castovers that are either casted but need editing or haven't been casted yet. I at least want to finish the work I already started, so I think I might try to knock some of those out soonish.

/e

A second article I found unfinished on GP was completed and added.

I may as well let you guys know I plan to be making a compilation set out of Schwa's Sonic 2006 run that she is streaming to us every now and then. This is an utterly fantastic piece and I hope she completes it this December.
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

IskatuMesk wrote: I may as well let you guys know I plan to be making a compilation set out of Schwa's Sonic 2006 run that she is streaming to us every now and then. This is an utterly fantastic piece and I hope she completes it this December.
Would be a neat Christmas present. Actually I have so much to catch up to that it doesn't matter.

Damn night shift job drains all my man juices tho. But gotta work for that BLUBBER I guess. And Souls. Those too.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Yeah I definitely have a bit of odd and ends still lying around I can tie up for a release soon.

One is the Mal`Ash material video I recorded primarily for Schwa, but I suppose I could put it on GP. It's not really an educational or even a proper dev video, but maybe someone will find my anger and confusion interesting.

Meanwhile, earlier in the year, I recorded a game design discussion video for Loladins of Legend and apparently forgot about it (it was with the Samson Q1-U so it's quite possible it got dropped out of my mind when the replacement mic arrived). I'm completing this and will release it soon as well.

I have spent a portion of the last few days scouring the bewildered X drive, which was home mostly to various OBS and camtasia recordings amounting to close to a TB of just random junk. Most of the junk is throwaway now (D&D recordings broken or already encoded, previous edu material, and edu material that was either abandoned or isn't useful for a production). Amongst those files is some material I can recover, including a short discussion that elaborates screenspace reflections and planar reflections in Unreal 4, though in itself it isn't enough for an edu.

I have a good idea what I can build the second particle video with and while I don't have plans to work on it right this moment since my plate is rather full, I do have a solid idea of where I can progress from the previous video.

If you have any interest in videos like the educational series or the ret dev series, I bid you check out this topic (if you have an account, since I think you need one to vote in the poll).