Moderator: Milldawg

SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

I just noticed this...

Post by SteakofStake »

http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/ ... ?f=62&t=19

Today marks 10 years since the first post on this forum

I have heard that there were multiple other forums you guys had, and that the community was older than 2006 (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the community start around the release of sc1?) so it might not mean much, I was just pointing it out if no one else noticed.

p.s. To attempt to make some of you feel old, I was 6 years old when that post was made
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: I just noticed this...

Post by Zilla- »

ewww, that does make me feel old. i think i was like 14/15 when we transferred to these boards. I remember there was like a month or two between these and the old ones and i think most of the folks that were around back then hung out over at SA to weather the storm. but yeah, there were some forums before this, probably some others before i joined. if you look at the user list you'll see a bunch of us created accounts within the first week or so, thats while lav was sorting out the final touches on the transition. iirc i think we were already doing SS (or more likely the initial varient of FF) by then...

actually now that i think about it i remember wibod had like the highest post count by a lot on the old board by just shitting in like every thread... <3~
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

2006... I was at the end of my golden era and some of the worst events in my life are what ended it. What a bitter year.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

It was the end of my childhood. I had ended my first relationship, started my second during the creation of this forum, was halfway through college, just started THIS job I'm still at, and was knee-deep into trying to create a WarCraft 3 campaign with Maglok, I bet. That or just World of WarCraft.

Steak is correct, as others have said, the forum has multiple incarnations and unfortunately with the various databases (or lack of in older times) there was no guaranteed way of moving content forward. phpBB has led to this being possible in the future, and ten years the only major forum change from going from the 2.* to the 3.* engine.

It awes me more that I've been running the show around here that long (and have little to show for it)!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator