Overwatch?

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Overwatch?

Post by IskatuMesk »

$15 a month is too expensive for any game.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

Lavarinth wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:WoW is basically free and has been ever since they introduced tokens.
True, but I'm not going to spend a hot minute trying to make gold to dump into game time. What's the point, then? You are playing to earn game time, not to play the game.
I don't know, you tell me what the point is in actually playing the game instead of being AFK. You really don't even need to be focusing on gold.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That's the hilarious thing, the game feeds you the money you need to play basically without any effort on your behalf. But if you are raiding you swim in cash.
Enkidu
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Post by Enkidu »

To be honnest, I haven't heard much about it until I started seeing some of the trailers on TV and that was actually kinda cool to watch. i admit it, it does look nice. I don't know much about the game, other than it's a FPS type. Honestly, when I first saw it, I thought it was a Disney animation, then I saw Blizzard as the developers and I felt pretty stupid, so yeah I am just barely catching up here, but it sounds like it's gonna be good from what I hear. ^U^

By the way, I fixed my signature... Also, what was the gameplay like?
SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by SteakofStake »

a more polished tf2 that has heroes who have abilities and cooldowns and less hats
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

SteakofStake wrote:the game is only 40 dollars, isnt it? the 60 dollars one came with skins and shit
Lavarinth wrote:Yup, game is $40, not $60
In the Blizzard launcher, it showed USD 59.99 when I last checked. If you go to the Shop and click the big Overwatch [Buy Now] banner, it brings you to Overwatch: Origins Edition for $59.99. You have to use the breadcrumb link to go back to [Overwatch Products] to find the $39.99 basic edition, or scroll down in the shop menu to find it in the middle of all the other game links.

Since I still have beta installed, I can click Play, but upon loading it the game says No License Found. It presents me with a [Buy Now] button that takes me here, which again is defaulted to the Origins Edition for $59.99. Usually, game companies put these different editions side-by-side so you can choose in an informed manner. Blizzard seems to have adopted the "let's trick the less observant" by placing the more expensive version front and center with no mention of the cheaper one unless you really look for it (and you won't if you don't know it exists). The banner in the shop doesn't even mention Origins Edition, just Overwatch, yet still takes you to Origins Edition. That's pretty shitty, Blizzard.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Well, yeah, at BlizzCon that said "The Origins edition is the one to get if you want the full experience!"
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

5 skins definitely qualifies as the full experience! Take another $20, Blizzard! My game would not be complete without moss, two face reveals, a randomly blue outfit, and a randomly brown outfit! That's totally worth 50% of the base price!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/w ... tial-steed

Keep in mind this is the mount that still doesn't angle to terrain. A literal 10 second flag change in any of their existing engines.

I'm not going to single out blizzard in the sentiment for this, though. Riot is selling recolors for idiotic prices, too, and they always complain about particles being sooo hard and custom sounds being suuuch a big deal and they suck at both.
Rocco
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Rocco »

IskatuMesk wrote:https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/w ... tial-steed

Keep in mind this is the mount that still doesn't angle to terrain. A literal 10 second flag change in any of their existing engines.

I'm not going to single out blizzard in the sentiment for this, though. Riot is selling recolors for idiotic prices, too, and they always complain about particles being sooo hard and custom sounds being suuuch a big deal and they suck at both.
That mount is $25?!?! People are actually willing to pay for that? What the fuck....
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Hercanic wrote:5 skins definitely qualifies as the full experience! Take another $20, Blizzard! My game would not be complete without moss, two face reveals, a randomly blue outfit, and a randomly brown outfit! That's totally worth 50% of the base price!
Lavashill BTFO
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I BUY ANYTHING!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

It's true. I've seen his Steam library.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Rocco wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/w ... tial-steed

That mount is $25?!?! People are actually willing to pay for that? What the fuck....
It made millions on the day it was released. Such was the trigger that eventually lead to overwatch, hearthstone, and heroes.
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Last time I looked at the WoW shop, it made me ill. If someone has the discretionary income to blow $25 a piece on vanity items, more power to them, but holy crap the entire shop is catered to that level of excess. I will put money into a Free-to-Play game like League of Legends in lieu of a retail price, but when WoW charges $50 per expansion and $15 a month to continue the right to use all your purchases, I can never justify spending the equivalent of a full retail game, with millions of dollars sunk into its production value, on something that took a couple artists, earning between $10-$30 an hour, a few afternoons to make.