Team Fortress 2

Moderator: Milldawg

Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by Zilla- »

chris wrote: super awesome games
I honestly tried taking you seriously, but then I saw that...

As for TF2, I garentee private servers and torrents will be up within a few months max.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

chris wrote: Oh my god!

A team fortress 2 thread!

ok let me answer all your questions.

currently, the only way you can get team fortress 2 is by pre-ordering the orange box on steam.
the orange box consists of the following super awesome games:
Half-life 2
Half-life 2 Episode 1
Peggle Deluxe (its a little child game they included in the pack, trust me, one you start playing you won't be able to stop)
Portal
Half-Life 2 Episode 2
and of course Team-fortress 2

I advise you to pre-order it NOW!!! I've done so and I'm enjoying every minute of it!
The new steam community has made steam a whole lot cooler.
here is my steamID profile! ^^  http://steamcommunity.com/id/cstorvik_89

BTW, if any of you have Half.life 2 death match, tell me NOW! I wanna play against you!

Anyway, team fortress 2 is GREAT!
post your steamID profile ^^ we'll be able to play against each other on team fortress 2 ^^
There was a question? Because I did mention that the Beta is released for Preorder customers...

Zilla-: qft on first line. There's private servers for the other Source games? Hasn't ran across my mind to look for them since Steam seems to suck into every Valve product, or their other publishers (what's this? You can't pay Bioshock, the single-player game UNLESS you have internet?!)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

That has nothing to do with steam, thats a problem with 2k's shitty DRM requiring activation.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

If it exists and has a "subscription" type service I can 100% guarantee cheap bastards like myself (but with actual knowledge of how shit works) will backdoor it.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Warbringer87 wrote: That has nothing to do with steam, thats a problem with 2k's shitty DRM requiring activation.
That's something ADDITIONAL to if you purchase it from Steam. It's been a commonly known issue with ALL Steam products that are single-player having you require internet connection to login to Steam to actually play your games (or attempt to set Steam to "Offline" mode)
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

Right, but you'd have that problem with bioshock even if you didn't have the steam version (the first time, that is).

And I've never had steam lock me out from playing games when im not connected, so I don't know what your talking about.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

Zilla- wrote: As for TF2, I garentee private servers and torrents will be up within a few months max.
sorry, but I like playing my games without being infected with a millions keyloggers, trojans, and viruses everytime I connect to a server :P
Lavarinth wrote: (or attempt to set Steam to "Offline" mode)
not a problem anymore, they fixed it in the may 27th 2007 update
Warbringer87 wrote: Right, but you'd have that problem with bioshock even if you didn't have the steam version (the first time, that is).
I should probably mention this...
the CD version comes with the most powerful anti-piracy softare out there. Unless you have a good quality CD Drive like LG (luckily for me, I do) then its likely that it won't work.
Zilla- wrote:
chris wrote: super awesome games
I honestly tried taking you seriously, but then I saw that...
pre-order the orange box and them crititise me. Don't judge a game you haven't played.
Warbringer87 wrote: And I've never had steam lock me out from playing games when im not connected, so I don't know what your talking about.
yeah...in the old days steam used to be a shit. Always disconnecting, abd everytime it would disconnect you get tossed out of whatever game you were playing at the moment. I can ssure you all that those problems are a thing of the past. Since late 2005 it has been perfect.
Last edited by chris on Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]