SC1 New Campaign Work Worhit?

striker98
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

SC1 New Campaign Work Worhit?

Post by striker98 »

Hi to all SC fans out there, I'm reaching out to you because I want to know if it is worth my time and effort to create an SC1 campaign. I've always loved playing SC1 more than SC2 and of course it is much easier to create a campaign on SC1 editor than SC2. Nevertheless, it has been several years since SC1 came out and everyone plays different games out there.

I recently started going thru the SC1 campaigns after the legacy of the void came out to better understand the story line. I want to create my own story line with new heroes for all three races. Before I invest in such time consuming work, I wanted to know if there are players who still play SC1 campaigns and look for new campaigns to play as they come out, if any. Just by going thru this forum, I've seen a few people still work on campaigns for SC1, so that motivates me, but i want to hear form others if it is still worth it.

My work will use the regular StarEdit but will definitely contain special missions as well as creative cut-scenes to enhance the story line and make it entertaining. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of software I can use to manipulate voice dialog sound to give it that "Starcraft" feel. However, it may not contains audio voice dialogue if it is too complicated, unless someone volunteers to help for credits :)
Anyways, please post your comments/feedback.

Thank you
Striker98
adamnesico
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: SC1 New Campaign Work Worhit?

Post by adamnesico »

Hi. For me, do it. I love Starcraft campaigns, I´ve played 227 campaign scenarios from many different campaigns.
Today I´m not playing, the laptop where I used to play passed away recently, but I soon will have a new one, I hope.
striker98

Post by striker98 »

Thanks for the replay. You can always run XP on a virtual machine and install starcraft the way or you can play it on windows 7 and just create a batch script to terminate explorer.exe, start starcraft and the start explorer again, that fixes the color issues.
Anyways, it's great to hear that people still play starcraft campaigns. I'm definitely getting motivated to do it.
TheMadman
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by TheMadman »

Striker98, it can be fixed also by Blizzard registry (you will find it) so fancy color will not make problem much (Yet, on earlier versions before 1.14.1 the menu is fancy colored, and water doesn't animate(again by fancy color))

Also, good luck on making! I hope it will be good. (Use SCMDraft for this purpose. it does have good things and allows to make nice doodads(if you want copy some of them, Go to staredit.net, there's lot's of files and things that will help you on your way))

P.S many campaigns such as Flame Knives doesn't have any sound but has a great storyline. it's just worth to read, and hear the music for the map every time (If you really want some voice sounds, you can also ask in staredit. ;) )
Ya know, sometimes i remember old times when Dune 2000 was rocking, when God of War II was the best game, when
starcraft was the best strategy among everything....

I always ask myself: why many people dont play this legendary games, why they want play new ones?
And the answer is: they don't love games bro, they don't love them....
striker98

Post by striker98 »

Well, only two people replied. However, I still want to do this project anyways since I have some free time here and there. I've already started working on the story line. It'll be three campaigns: terran, zerg and protoss. I just hope that the story line will be liked by everyone and maybe if there is a fan out there who knows how to use the convoluted sc2 map editor, then they can create an sc2 version of my story. We'll see how things go and hopefully I'll have positive feedback.