LP Update/Comment Thread

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: LP Update/Comment Thread

Post by wibod »

pro tip; the amount we make on prescribing meds is pretty small, if you're paying a shit ton for meds its because those meds cost a shit ton or you're getting jewed

proer-tip; jews go to med or law school
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

"Why does Divinity take so long?"

This is Retribution.

This is a portion of two segments of Divinity.

Not shown - the 10-15 hour encode times per segment.

Granny going back to hospital in 2 hours. Cat's eye is not getting any better, but not getting any worse. I'm not actually 100% sure it's infected anymore. It's very small. It certainly could be a lot worse. My knee is so bad there are periods I simply cannot walk anymore. I would tell my past self to be more careful about going down stairs but whateva.

/e

Okay, time for some serious talk.

I'm strongly considering scrapping Gauntlet for a few reasons.

1 - It's eating a shitton of drive space right now.
2 - My source is hosed (bad volume balance)
3 - Schwa is also recording it.

Gauntlet is a game with shared view. That means both our perspectives are identical other than icons. Schwa is also doing the same edits I would be doing - cutting time and adding a death counter.

I think I may just link to the youtube uploads of her videos or upload them to the server when they are done rather than bother processing it myself. I have more important things I can be focusing that time onto right now. Like trying to finish Divinity before the cows come home or getting Spellforce moving again.

Any objections?
KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by KnoutOut »

nayy! Gauntlets belong on the fist and not on a HARD-drive anyway.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

What granny has is apparently some kind of intestinal infection that can goes apeshit from taking antibiotics. It also becomes highly infectious once it springs up. Great!

Magicka is now up on Gameproc. WoL is on the server but I need to make the page for it.

/edit

WoL is now up. Gosh, those old reviews are awful. I can see why people hated my voice.
Schwa
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Schwa »

Guess I have extra incentive to get the Gauntlet stuff done. I have .mkv files of all the original footage too if you aren't interested in the edited versions. I'll just send/link you everything and you can do what you want with it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Nah, I'll take the edited versions. That's the entire point. Less work for me. :3

/edit

A viewer (Bloodyshade) has created a program which generates information for the website from video files. This will greatly speed up the process of porting the thread to the site and make future releases a lot less irritating to write things out for. Expect to see significant progress on the site's LP listing over the coming week.

/edit

The vast majority of LP pages are now created and await being listed on the actual site.

/edit

A chunk of new pages are up on the site for LP's. Geez, I casted a lot over the last few years... spent all day getting these together. Still got a few to do then the remainder will all go up at once in a bit, maybe tomorrow.

/edit

Gameproc LP listing is fully complete! Sans some Generation 1 reviews I need to sort out, the entire thread's LP contents are now on the site. I will soon begin the process of pointing the thread LP's to those pages and cleaning up for the next phase of the operation (transition of Compilations and Castovers, making site assets, organizing the sync process et).

Let me know if there's any incorrect information or missing links except for the first-gen reviews. Some awards are probably not listed right now, I'll do a QA pass during the thread update.
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

Man, mesk, those screams in your last XXE...

...that was GAY!
Spoiler
AND I LOVED IT.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

ah my shoulder

Fixed some of the encode dates on the site. We haven't found any other issues so far, so the thread update will be coming soon-ish once I make some banners and such for the linked pages and all that.

/edit

First draft changes to the thread are in place. I'll wrap it up bit by bit over the next while.

/edit

I reckon we're nearing the end of Divinity finally.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

i was patiently waiting for a ragdoll to fall 50 ft on its face/back and exclaim "RIPPED MY FUCKING PANTS"

it never happened
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

oh I'm saving that.

Also, we finally finished Divinity recording. Processing all this is gonna take a while yet, though.

/e

"utilities went up by $600 and I only have $100" wtf is going on here?

/e

Then you tell me you want a freezer for more food and an exercise thing AND winter tires? Are we living in the same dimension?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

After over a year of recording and production, Divinity: Original Sin is finally available! With over 100 hours clocked into playtime, this LP is the first of the main list to receive heavy editing in an effort to cut down on unnecessary viewing time. Despite my many weeks worth of manhours invested into this venture, however, we still have a sizable lard at 27 segments in length. I am not sure what the actual runtime is for the project, but the recorded length certainly exceeds any project to date, nearly doubling the souls titles, and the editing work makes this my most significant project since Black Sun: Retribution's graphics.

As a rather casual game with a lot of unvoiced dialogue and walking around, as well as very repetitive fights, you should manage your expectations, but if you're of the more patient variety you will be rewarded with the most severe and consistent breaking of gameplay mechanics I think I've done in a run to date, as well as many hilarious and ultra-severe bugs courtesy of American Belgium.

With Divinity finally out of the way I can think about tackling comparatively smaller projects like remaining castovers, FF6, and new runs. We would probably have finished Gauntlet by now as well, but Schwa is never available. Nonetheless she has sent me a number of completed segments to upload when it is done.

Everything else is sort of back to normal but the cat's eye still has a spot in it, though it is very, very slowly diminishing. I am not sure if it's still infected or if it's just a scar, but I'm continuing what little bit of antibiotic I have left in case that is why it's healing. The financial situation stabilized and I still have a decent emergency fund available. I may think about buying a big data drive in December (maybe boxing day) if I can get 1.) a good deal and 2.) further financial security. Black Friday is a very small thing in Canada and Cyber Monday didn't really have anything interesting either. I'm not really expecting to be able to get a new system in the next few years, unfortunately, so padding my storage crisis seems the only meaningful way to grow enwiden right now. The overhead is just way too high. At least I haven't had any more BSOD's or other scary things for a long time, though I did discover most programs won't work if your date is 2099 (bios battery is totally dead and power kept going out again).

Fun fact - the source footage was probably around 15 terabytes or larger, and the final encode is 77gb. Hope you don't live in a third world country that's running out of bandwidth like Canada.
nu1x

Post by nu1x »

> 15 terabytes

Damn. Also congratulations on finishing it.

Also, FF VI will be like a breath of fresh air after most of this stuff.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Coffee Hour: THE REVENGE 4 is now available.

A rundown of the recent events and an honest look at what will likely be a very unpleasant year to come.
bloodyshade
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by bloodyshade »

Hey Mesk,

This Divinity LP will take a bit to watch holy jizzus.
Thanks for the hard work though, it's always a fun experience... well, it's fun when it's not painful but... :D

Keep up the good work!
KnoutOut

Post by KnoutOut »

US GOLD? Holy shit! I did not know it was _this_ bad.