[Co-op Campaign]Shadow of the Xel'Naga released!

Moderator: Milldawg

OutsiderXE
Terran Refinery Attendant

[Co-op Campaign]Shadow of the Xel'Naga released!

Post by OutsiderXE »

Affter 5,5 years I released my StarCraft 2 campaign "Shadow of the Xel'Naga"!

StarCraft II: Shadow of the Xel'Naga is a custom campaign for the award-winning Real-Time-Strategy game StarCraft II, created with the StarCraft II Editor. All 7 maps were released on November 27th, 2015. They are available on the StarCraft II Arcade, free for everyone.

In Shadow of the Xel'Naga the focus lies on variety. Each map is unique and based on a different sub-genre of strategy games. These sub-genres include Tower Defense, MOBA, puzzles and more. Additionally the campaign offers co-operative gameplay. All maps can be played alone or with a friend.

The story is based on the StarCraft novel Shadow of the Xel'Naga, written by Gabriel Mesta. The action revolves around a colony planet called Bhekar Ro, where one of the frequent and very violent storms uncovers an ancient Xel'Naga artifact. This temple calls both, the zerg and the protoss, while the colonists call the Terran Dominion for help. All these events cause a great confrontation on the normally placid world. The story acts as an interquel between StarCraft and Brood War.

Anyone who owns the free StarCraft II Starter Edition can play any map of the campaign. Simply start StarCraft II, go to the Arcade tab, type in "Shadow of the Xel'Naga" or "sotx" in the search tab and you can select any of the 7 maps to create a new game. It is recommended that you start with "Chapter 1: Welcome to Bhekar Ro".

Chapter 1 Walkthrough on Youtube: https://youtu.be/0AaZfu9iSOE

Chapter 1: Semi-open world Level with drivable vehicles:

Chapter 2: Point and Click Adventure with an Inventory and Multiple-Choice Dialogues:

Chapter 5: Stealth Gameplay likeCommandos/Desperados:

More information, plenty of screenshots and complete video walkthroughs on my portfolio website: http://www.outsiderxe.campaigncreations.org/sotx.php

About me: I have been making maps since WarCraft 2/Red Alert 1 and have created the popular WarCraft 3 campaign "Lord of the Clans", "Day of the Dragon", and "The Last Guardian". Thanks to these campaigns I got a job as a level designer for the game developer Ubisoft Blue Byte. My dream is to work for Blizzard one day :)

Thank you for reading and have fun playing!

- OutsiderXE
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Co-op Campaign]Shadow of the Xel'Naga released!

Post by RazorclawX »

Someone put this on the front page.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Done. If you'd like me to reword anything or add anything, let me know.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Getting in touch with OutsiderXE these days is so difficult, hah!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
OutsiderXE

Post by OutsiderXE »

All is fine :)