Post by IskatuMesk »

they must enjoy the lsd flickering
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Satyr Saturday Replays Week 71 and up

Post by Mucky »

finally decided to dive into the object editor for TGS

Does anyone care if ultimates become limited to 1 per hero?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ultimates are generally pretty expensive lumber-wise, anyways.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

May I ask why? Is it any more imba than anything else? An ultimate takes 24 lumber for max level compared to 20 for a regular ability, and you need to store up 8 for each level.

Also, last time I tried to level up Mass Teleport it removed the ability instead. Don't know when that broke, but when I worked on it a long time ago I had to break it up into a separate ability per level because that ability's stats don't level up properly.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Personally, I assume that Mucky asked because he could prefer to just have the same hotkey for all ultimates. That would make his work considerably simpler to avoid abilities that mismatch hotkey-wise.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

it WORKS
i fucking did it eat my shit
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

numbers are the work of the dabl
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

Xenon wrote:May I ask why? Is it any more imba than anything else? An ultimate takes 24 lumber for max level compared to 20 for a regular ability, and you need to store up 8 for each level.
It's nothing about balance. From what I noticed, most people don't get more than one ultimate anyway, so I was making a judgment call. The object editor is absolutely bloated after all the new entries I had to make for this new hotkey system. I can always go back and revert the limitation, but right now I'm just trying to save myself extra work.
Xenon wrote:Also, last time I tried to level up Mass Teleport it removed the ability instead. Don't know when that broke, but when I worked on it a long time ago I had to break it up into a separate ability per level because that ability's stats don't level up properly.
It looks like the level 2 and 3 ability entries got deleted somehow. Remade them, tested learning/casting/unlearning, bug fixed~<3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

• The ability system has been redesigned to dynamically assign hotkeys based on which command slot they occupy (i.e. it uses QWER).
  • Ultimate ability hotkeys have been normalized to T.
  • Unlearning is now done by hotkey. For example, if you want to unlearn your Q skill, type "-unlearn q". Note these are NOT case-sensitive.
  • Buffed sleep range/duration.
  • Buffed forked lightning damage.
  • Buffed chain lightning damage.
  • Buffed carrion swarm damage.
  • Buffed cluster rockets damage.
  • Buffed breath of fire's DoT component (this is hardcoded to require drunken haze and the instant damage component is still quite weak).
  • Nerfed hex duration.
  • Normalized cast ranges on arrow orbs (black and cold arrows were a little ridiculous).
Yeah, I decided to shake my dick at a few spells before going into the process of cloning them all in the object editor.

I'm seriously fucking happy I was able to get everything working and ready for tonight. Only thing is that I haven't been able to test learning all the specials/ultimates (trying to change their initial stock delay to 0 causes the map to crash on startup I mean what the fuck is that shit).
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Everything was working pretty solidly. No bugs I could see.

For CFA, never change the knocknack behavior. Launching people across the map with the dumbo ram is just too amazing. Though I did feel like without it I was largely useless, as ricky/zilla/etc could easily outrun me when I had upgraded boots and did as much or more damage in melee (were we just that far behind?). Devour did not seem terrifically useful at the late stages in the game as the heal was easily outdamaged by summons much less actual heroes. I thought I could actually eat people (as in devour like kodo) but that would probably be ludicrously overpowered. Though we were lacking a team member for that game since it never seems like steak actually does anything.

The floating bugs mostly seemed to occur with ramps. If I rammed something or got pushed over a ramp, it didn't seem to reset the height.
Xenon

Post by Xenon »

Well, no bugs except the giant crash. Not sure how to isolate that one, unless Ricky's video caught something.

Did Cold/Black Arrows used to be able to be cast at longer range? I assume manually only?
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

I wouldn't be surprised if that crash was just WC3's non-existent GC after map tong hop.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Oh yeah. I forgot about that crash.

I mean, given how much Map Tong Hop has busted that map before... well, hard to say for sure. Will need more sample data.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

IskatuMesk wrote:For CFA, never change the knocknack behavior. Launching people across the map with the dumbo ram is just too amazing. Though I did feel like without it I was largely useless, as ricky/zilla/etc could easily outrun me when I had upgraded boots and did as much or more damage in melee (were we just that far behind?). Devour did not seem terrifically useful at the late stages in the game as the heal was easily outdamaged by summons much less actual heroes. I thought I could actually eat people (as in devour like kodo) but that would probably be ludicrously overpowered. Though we were lacking a team member for that game since it never seems like steak actually does anything.
Torrasque is designed to be intentionally slow to balance out the fact he's a walking fortress. The idea behind his skillset is tanking and punishment to anyone that lets him get close. But yeah, we were fairly behind most of the game.

Funny that you mention devour. I have plans to turn it into a CC of sorts.
Xenon wrote:Did Cold/Black Arrows used to be able to be cast at longer range? I assume manually only?
Cold/Black Arrows range scaled up to nearly 1000, whereas Searing Arrows scaled up to 800. I changed Cold/Black Arrows to scale up to 800 for the sake of consistency. This is only when manually casting, otherwise the range is the same as the hero's basic attack.