What is Legacy of the Confederation?

Moderator: Milldawg

Enkidu
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

What is Legacy of the Confederation?

Post by Enkidu »

Hello Guys. Sorry for my Inactivity on these forums. I am busy on Heavengames and I am coming up with new ideas over there. I just wanted to ask a small question... What is Legacy of The Confederation. What happened to the project? I never figured out what happened to it or how it was being made, but I heard there used to be alot of talk about this subject, but by the time I registered on the forums, nobody said anything anymore. What happened to it? :happy:

Can you tell me some background story about it, what it was about and stuff? I would like to hear how it was? :)

P.S. I also heard that the project was canceled, so I guess there is no point in downloading it anymore.
Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: What is Legacy of the Confederation?

Post by Revolta »

LotC's first two chapters are available from CC's homepage.

A third installation of LotC was being drafted for SC2 but never went anywhere, likely due to the fact that SC2's editor is the antithesis of user-friendly. That has been cancelled (or left on hiatus like SC: Ghost, but essentially cancelled).
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Revolta is very much correct for the StarCraft 1 portion. Oracle created LotC, LotC2, a spinoff, and then returned to finish LotC2. He then planned to create LotC3 on SC2, only to announce ALL of SC1's LotC will be included in SC2's version and a continuation of the story. He then went on hiatus due to the trouble the editor was bringing him. I spoke with him a few short months ago, there's still a gear or two turning for his interest in continuing the project, time will tell.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ghoul Stars
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Exe

Post by Ghoul Stars »

I know this isn't the best place to ask a question like this but the ConFed forum is dead so I'm sorry... I'm having a problem with the exe files, no they do seem to work and all but I constantly get the "Patching of exe file failed!" I don't know why it's doing this and I'd really like some help.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Exe

Post by Lavarinth »

Ghoul Stars wrote:I know this isn't the best place to ask a question like this but the ConFed forum is dead so I'm sorry... I'm having a problem with the exe files, no they do seem to work and all but I constantly get the "Patching of exe file failed!" I don't know why it's doing this and I'd really like some help.
What is your operating system and StarCraft version?
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ghoul Stars

Exe

Post by Ghoul Stars »

Windows 7
Starcraft 1.15.2 Battle Chest edition if that makes any difference
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

If LoTC is so big a project, isn't it possible to make Legacy of the Confederation into a Machinima? I know SC2 Machinimas are getting some reputation out there and I thought it would be cool if LoTC became a sort of Machinima type of project or something. What do you think?

:]
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

didnt most sc mods need a super old version? 1.10b or 1.08e something?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Machinimas in sc2 are agonizingly painful to do. What would be more reasonable is bringing such a project into Unreal 4 but, even then, no trivial order unless you are an animator.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Enkidu wrote:Hello Guys. Sorry for my Inactivity on these forums. I am busy on Heavengames and I am coming up with new ideas over there. I just wanted to ask a small question... What is Legacy of The Confederation. What happened to the project? I never figured out what happened to it or how it was being made, but I heard there used to be alot of talk about this subject, but by the time I registered on the forums, nobody said anything anymore. What happened to it? :happy:

Can you tell me some background story about it, what it was about and stuff? I would like to hear how it was? :)

P.S. I also heard that the project was canceled, so I guess there is no point in downloading it anymore.
Is it?