Campaign Creations: Featured Content

Moderator: Milldawg

Enkidu
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

Campaign Creations: Featured Content

Post by Enkidu »

How did the content on this website, campaign creations, get featured on PC Gamer's magazine? I know it was a long time ago, but I am very curious as to how you did it.

Thanks! ;D
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Campaign Creations: Featured Content

Post by Lavarinth »

We were not informed, actually! Well, to my recollection. As far as I'm aware, the content creators were either contacted or attempted to be contacted directly. It was to my surprise to have seen the articles as I was subscribed to PC Gamer at the time. My heart jumped out in joy at the thought it could be a new age for Campaign Creations, alas it was not! That is no fault of anyone, however. Times change, people move on. Many, many great projects were reviewed in that short article by PC Gamer, and while it's not the first time something from Campaign Creations gets reviewed, it was a very common press name and worthy of mentioning on our site.

Life of a Marine, actually, was reviewed by another magazine prior in a larger article in another country. It went as far as including the entire campaign on a disc for players to try out. Unfortunately, due to copyrighted material, Gemini had to cut out all the music, which was easily one of the more amazing aspects of the campaign to me.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

PC Gamer has featured a few small-scale projects I am personally aware of. I am not sure how it actually happens, what seems plausible is someone ends up e-mailing them about the project and they go from there.
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

Interesting.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Here's how it works:

Someone for PCGamer is having a slow news day, so he says to his boss: "Hey, I'm going to write a sidebar."

"Ok, on what?" boss says.

"Uhhhhh game mods."

"Sure," boss says.

5 minutes later it's done.

As you can see, huge amount of participation required from the modders.