Mod help

Wyzmith1
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Mod help

Post by Wyzmith1 »

I have had a little problem trying to get my mod to work. I have tried to make the drone into a cloaked hydra. So far so good, need to try some things with IceCC, but the problem is that my custom portraits don't work. I have obtained the portraits from samods.org, and named them correctly, and packaged them correctly in my Mo'PaQ. Here is how it looks.
Untitled 3.png
But when I start SC with the mod loaded, the portraits don't show up... Everything else works, but not the portraits... Help? :osnp:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Mod help

Post by IskatuMesk »

Hmm. Been a very long time since I looked at portraits. Are you sure those files are the ones being referenced by the portrait entry in data? Have you tried replacing alternate portraits? According to stardat those file names are correct, so... that's my only guess; the drone may be referencing different files (sometimes blizzard is weird like that).
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Wyzmith1 wrote:
Untitled 3.png
But when I start SC with the mod loaded, the portraits don't show up... Everything else works, but not the portraits... Help? :osnp:
Change:

portrait\ZDrone\ZDrFid00.smk

Into:

portrait\zdrone\ZDrFid00.smk

Should work...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Are they case sensitive? I completely forget. I saw that inconsistency but I wasn't certain.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

IskatuMesk wrote:Are they case sensitive? I completely forget. I saw that inconsistency but I wasn't certain.
If you place them inside Starcraft directory the game reads it without case sensitivity, if you put them inside of an MPQ then it will become case sensitive, I guest files inside MPQs are read differently.

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka