Titular M&T Units

Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Titular M&T Units

Post by Krazy »

So something Ricky is considering is having a few titular units added to M&T. Obviously the simpler the unit and the more it uses existing assets and spells, the easier it is and the more likely it will be done this month.

Example:

HighZealot :
Model: Zealot
Stats (Same as zealot?)
Abilities: Templar Storm
Necessary Upgrades: Energy boost same as every other spellcaster
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: Titular M&T Units

Post by Mucky »

TED TURNER
MODEL: GIANT BLUE-TINTED FOOTMAN
STATS: A MILLION HEALTH AND 69 DAMAGE
ABILITIES: (1) SUMMON FLYING BOATS
(2) DIVINE SHIELD
(3) CRITICAL STRIKE WITH 101 TIMES DAMAGE
NECESSARY UPGRADES: TAUNT SOUND WHICH PLAYS AFTER EVERY KILL
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Bear Skinning Knife
Model: A knife.
Stats: Indestructible.
Abilities:

BEARS - When the Bear Skinning Knife is touched, it summons a horde of bears that surround whoever touched it who then proceed to maul them.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Oh dear.

For High Zealot, I do consider it quite often in the following way :

Model : Zealot
Abilities : Charge, Psi Storm, SC1 Hallucination, optional Feedback.
Researches : +25 max energy (x99), +25 base energy (x99)
Potential extras : Eternal Charge (can charge across the map), Cliff Jump, being "High" (as in drug-like) and other stuff.

For Mucky and Mesk's cases, it will be probably better to just wait for wc3 assets from blizzard to finally kick in for the main sc2 version. Between the two, I think there is only Mesk's that I could potentially do in the short term with some shrine (as the "knife", some bear shrine) + some alternative bear-like model from SC2.

For TED TURNER, I would need the voice clips you used back in wc3. Not sure if I have to make the damage like 68.9 (+0.1) for censoring reasons due to how Blizzard could be. Although the banning tend to be much more likely due to people reporting maps which so few do play Micro and Tactics anyway.

Would need ideas for other titular units.

Also to note that I am also considering either tourney mode or better catalog edit support (ex : modifying any unit's base stats) in future M&T changes.

Other stuff I have in mind :
- Pan Camera (mostly to have to find a way to *logically* pan the right areas/units such as not a beacon of yours).
- Possibly a new unit of myself, possibly aura-like and/or "command"-like.
- Some structure to auto-buff your team's current units over time. Ex : +1 damage or +10 max hp every 1 minute.
- Some "Stat Buff" structure that you can manually buff specific units' stats before the scenario starts.
- Some "Tactical Buff" structure which you could give special buffs such as temporally Cloak, Detection, Statis, +100% move speed, Defensive Matrix and so on to allied unit(s) for like 5-8 seconds.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You can't be banned for 69 damage. That would be beyond absurd, even for blizzard.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote:You can't be banned for 69 damage. That would be beyond absurd, even for blizzard.
Normally, I shouldn't.

Although I still remember that "nazi symbol" case that was accidentally made via the many units on the minimap during a TD map's enemy wave. Map maker had shit + ban from Blizzard about it. However, I admit that it has been 2 years ago and I guess Blizzard soften up about such bullshit.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I doubt anyone in the company even realizes there is a battle.net right now. Anyone who did probably had their internship expire and is long gone.
Krazy

Post by Krazy »

What are you talking about Mesk? They're about to release a super exciting new "Community Commander" portrait for the people who were part of the map contest last year! Exciteballs!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

lol "community"
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

*Remembers Micro & Tactics was part of said map contest*

*Gasp* I will have a SHINY NEW ICON!
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So a potential new unit to add : Mailman

Possibly some "You got MAIL!" voice each time it throws its weapon at enemies.

Although Mesk obviously need to specify the details of that one.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Sounds like a good place for an infinitely bouncing weapon!
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Just to write it down even if it's not titular ... some structure that grant Terran/Z/P upgrades over time for free to allow scenarios to allow a side to become more powerful over time or to "reverse" vs the enemy team.
IskatuMesk wrote:Sounds like a good place for an infinitely bouncing weapon!
Oh geez. The worst is it's actually easier to make an infinite bouncing weapon (weapon die -> remake same weapon towards target -> repeat) than actually trying a weapon with a set of bounces (weapon die -> make weapon #2 -> bounce -> die -> make weapon #3, etc. etc.) .
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Let's see ...

I assume Mesk and Mucky should also have their own units at some point in the future.

Mucky obviously need to be a Beastmaster. Possibly themed on his relative builds in that wc3 moba map we liked so much. Somehow managed to forget the map name right now.

In my mind, Mesk could perhaps be some "Reality Binder" unit with abilities such as :
-> Can use Hallucination, probably both SC1 and SC2 styles.
-> Dream to Reality : Targeted Hallucination(s) that slowly become the real thing (takes less and less extra damage from 200% until 100% then can deal more and more damage from 0% until 100% then can use real abilities)
-> Summons Carriers that comes from the background based on SC1 memes we had.
-> Some insane but delayed very large AoE to mass destroy stuff. Ideally with Mesk laughing like a madman as stuff get destroyed left and right.
-> Other ideas.

Note : I intend to put researches to disable specific abilities.

Random :
-> Maybe Mesk could have some "Turn into Ricky" targeted ability vs any other non-structure unit.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Ricky's Police Car

Another could be the "Police Car" in which anybody can enter an empty one. If it swap from a friendly team to an enemy team, it screams "MY CAAAARRRR!" in my voice.

Possibly cases like the "police lights" speed boost ability which could trigger my voice saying "Justice cannot wait!" and "There is crime everywhere!" in a semi-insane tone.

Refers to the police car in the "Cops and Robbers" map. I often played as the cop while robbers liked to steal my police car as I screamed "MY CAAARRR!" in a desperate voice.

Skater

Some unit that would constantly move forwards similar to how the Random Slide sc2 map does. Probably with some support units/stuff seen in that map too.