The Terran Confederacy

Confederate-Marine
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

The Terran Confederacy

Post by Confederate-Marine »

Hello,

I'm a map and campaign maker (also a modder) , and I am currently working on a campaign taking place way before the first StarCraft episode (before the Great war) in which the player assumes the role of a Confederate lieutenant from the Omega Squadron (didn't want to use the Alpha Squadron as this one was already over used. ). My campaign will start a few days before the first Antigan Revolt (2478) , and will end at the fall of the Confederacy. (2499-2500) . So, yes, there'll be both the Guild War and the Great War.

I already have three missions done, and I wanted to know if any of you had some ideas for the next scenarios.

EDIT : As for the Confederate missions, I already bet the bonus set from StarCraft, and I also finished StarCraft : Precursor , million times, and I loved it TBH.

Also, could you tell me if there's more Confederate fan-made campaigns I could get my hands on so as to get some inspiration ? (The wiki isn't always very clear.) .

I already finished StarCraft : Precursor, as I said, and I'll now play Montag : Quest for Freedom. I also downloaded Vagrants... To no avail, the .exe won't launch (I got all those links from here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6645&start=15 ) .

Thanks in advance for your help.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: The Terran Confederacy

Post by Church »

Hey! Sounds like you've done your research on the history of the SC universe, that's good to see. It's also great to see my campaign listing is useful to someone.

IIRC you have to downgrade to 10.0 to play Vagrants or something.... but I'm not sure, it's been a while.

In Bootcamp (the prequel to LoaM) you play as the Confederacy. Beyond that... off the top of my head I can't remember other campaigns about them, unfortunately.

In any case it's good to see a new campaign maker here! While I haven't got the time or energy to actively help with the map making, I have some experience so I'm willing to answer any questions if you need tips or anything like that.
Confederate-Marine

Hey, thank you for your concern!

I already solved the problem by making some commands with bcdedit.exe . It works fine now ! But I'm kind of disappointed to have noticed that within the first mission, the fall of Tarsonis already happened, which forces the five soldiers to join the Sons of Korhal ... Aah, what ever.

Thanks for your back up. The Terran Confederacy was a powerful empire, probably stronger than the Terran Dominion at its time, it's a shame that there's no more stuff about it, which is why I wanted to make this campaign (and also, I love them... Although they weren't what we might call "goodies goodies" xD). I'm even more annoyed by the fact that they lost that quickly ... But well. Damn you, Duke, you are a god damn traitor.

But I like the Dominion too, and I already finished LoaM ... It was freaking amazing, and I loved the Bootcamp map as well ! :D

I have one question (really it's not that important but well) : Colonial Militia's color is blue, right ? Because I saw many campaigns in which their color was purple ... I'm confused (yeah , colors are a big deal for me ! )
Church

Post by Church »

Really it depends when it comes to colours. In any case you shouldn't take fan campaigns (such as the ones on my listing) as a canon source.

In canon: the Antiga Prime Colonial Militia is purple, the Brontes IV militia is red, Chau Sara and Korhal IV's militias are white, and the Mar Sara militia is the classic blue. If your planet is not any of these, just go with what you think is most appropriate.
Confederate-Marine

Damn., My campaign starts on Antiga Prime , and I made their militia blue ...

I will have to correct it now, thanks for the info !
adamnesico
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by adamnesico »

Hi, finally another guy makes a campaign, and one about the Guild Wars. I´ve wondered why nobody has done one about that period. For certain, too nobody has done a campaign about the Aeon of strife of the Protoss.
Well, campaigns about the confeds...
The best about them is ACMD. Legacy of a warrior too is good, but one of the chapters has a time error. I did a corrected version, but my laptop´s screeen crashed. In the thread of the campaign they commented how to resolve the mistake in the Starcraft editor.
Bootcamp doesn´t is about confeds, the character inmmediately swithes to the Sons of Korhal.
In Montag quest and Planetary episodes the characters after a few chapters switches to the Sons of Korhal, and they´re more like colonial militias. In Vagrants only the first chapter is about confeds.
In Terran Prologue you play as the confederates, but is a quite basic campaign, one of the firsts done. In Battle of New Troy and Retaking Ilian you play as a colonial milita, is very few related to the main plot, and too is one of the first and more basics. Insurrection episode I is too about a colonial milita.

For the plots, in the Starcraft manual says that the goliath was invented by the Kel´Morian combine, but their planes were stolen by the confeds, u could make chapters about that. Too later about the Korhal´s uprising.

For the Vagrants campaign, load it with MPQdrat, chose load patch, chose .exe´s, and for search it chose: show all files.
Last edited by adamnesico on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confederate-Marine

Thanks for your concern.

I already noticed everything you stated about the campaigns I mentioned, unfortunately. But, thanks alot for making me discover ACMD, it certainy looks amazing, I'm gonna play it now if I can find a working link !

As for Vagrants, as I stated, I already solved the problem (which is why I sadly noticed how the player quickly switches to the Sons of Korhal ... Err, What ever.)

I didn't know about the Goliaths ... (My version of Starcraft didn't have a manual, unfortunately.) .

Thanks again for those feedbacks, I'll try to make my campaign as good as possible, but I kind of like basic campaigns (like the Precursor ones) too , so I'll try to find the right middle I guess
Confederate-Marine

Just an update to let you know guys that I finally found some inspiration ... And, while my campaign will start cannon, I'll make a huge head cannon from the end of the Guild Wars :

What if the Sons of Korhal failed ? What if Raynor died ? What if the Confederacy succeeded in controlling the Zerg ?

Well, you'll discover it soon enough. :D

Some of the campaigns (and answers from both here and other forums) really inspired me. Thanks a lot !
Church

Post by Church »

How's progress? :P

Any idea how long the campaign will be and such? Will there be a mod file?
Confederate-Marine

Advanced quite well so far, but I'll have to slow it down, since I'll start college tomorrow ...

I already have 6 missions done, and as for the mod file, I haven't made my mind yet.

Also, I made a cover for the campaign , here it is : http://the-baneblade.deviantart.com/art ... -475579042
Church

Post by Church »

Pretty cool. If you do make a mod I could help you make that image the title screen, but you'd have to make a 640x480 version.
Confederate-Marine

Thank you !
Confederate-Marine

Quick update : Just wanted to let you know guys that this is NOT DEAD !

I'm just being busy (again ...) with college, but I might be able to continue working on this soon !