StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Announced

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Announced

Post by Lavarinth »

My Life for Aiur
Reclaim Your Homeworld
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void continues the story of Blizzard’s award-winning StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty where the first expansion, Heart of the Swarm®, left off, with a new campaign that brings the sci-fi saga to an epic conclusion. Protoss legends Artanis and Zeratul attempt to unite their race in an intergalactic fight for survival against an ancient evil from the Void that threatens the universe. The fates of Terran hero Jim Raynor and Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, also hang in the balance.

StarCraft II: Legacy of Void will feature many new gameplay modes including Archon Mode, Allied Commanders mode, new multiplayer units, automated online tournaments, and more. New editor features including new terrain and upcoming features will be announced in the future.

Check out more info on StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void at the official website.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Announced

Post by IskatuMesk »

I've heard they plan to put those warcraft assets and some heroes assets onto the PTR in January.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Announced

Post by Xenon »

I just want to know what Hercanic thinks of that familiar-sounding Terran barracks unit ;)

And Cyclone to me sounds more like a Protoss ship than a Terran vehicle, given the Tempest. My own concept for the "Cyclone" was a raider craft that would slowly charge up a powerful splash shot while not attacking, but otherwise have a weak rapid-fire shot. Probably real hard to balance something like that though, even with an attack range of 4 or something.