Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Yet another week :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7xq0dhRBDo[/youtube]
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Star Armada II

Post by Ice4smaster »

I already watched the replay of last night game, it was fun! And a short things that i will change:

Super & Shadow Carrier
-Interceptor Rebuild energy cost 150
-Scout Rebuild energy cost cost 300 ( So need to beef the reactors to be able to launch them quick enough )
-Observer Auto attack move removed
-Void Seeker, when fires the DT weapon on a target now will cost minerals and gas each time + the lovely sound effects

Mothership Core
-Instead of standard Beam Matrix, recive a special one and instead of -25% Beam speed, make it -50% light beam speed, other beams -25% on the ship
-Psionic Radar Price adjusted ( asigned anti cloak of teams )

Eternal
-Photon Cannon fire rate increase
-Anti Matter Pulse shield cost removed
-Hull Rematerialise mineral cost removed

Tempest
-Monolit receive special long range light beams act as a missile / fighter shield

These are the ideas i have after the first proper Protoss game, next week expect the Shadow Ray appear >:D mid range DPS glass cannon, guess the Starcrafts PvP video might be accurate represenation of it, well untill balanced and tweaked :]
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Something Little to share~

I made the creeps do warp jumps on the battlefield, so a mere defence line might not cut it as they might warp over it and attack the soft targets. Its still being tweaked, but the little ships began to act more like players now, and indeed it can occur that 1 warps on you while burning to death on the way home >:D

With this covering becomes more so essential, also units at the back can have more chance to farm taking down the warpers, plus, the anti warp field gains more bonus with this.

But most of all i'm happy i achieved this through Data alone, no lousy triggers through networking~ :)

Ah yes, before i forget, Protos received it's creep capital ship, Photon Cannon Drone. It's have a forward cannon and a rear, sides are blind.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVRJ2moZENU

wmin, this vid is for you, and now can enjoy the slaughter done on your ship when a DT visits >:D :lol:
Well played match :)
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Hello there

Just linking the Star Armada 2 Forums here: http://stararmada2.prophpbb.com/
Register if you like the map and like to help, i made simple polls for the ships so can give an overal rate and also discuss what might needed to it. :)
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

This board has no forums.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

... or it might require registration to just see the forums.

However, since you don't have a big following, it would be simpler to show up any forums without registration. Then someone could be interested to register to write something about some post at the very least.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Today i will do some tweaking on it and make it visible for non registered users too.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Ooooooookey, the whole forum provider is down, checked with http://www.sitestatus.net/ and all is timed out. I do hope it is tempolary thing
http://stararmada2.prophpbb.com/
http://support.prophpbb.com/
http://www.prophpbb.com

And Net Neutrality being discussed now...
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Alright, website back.

As for news, i made some changes to Scavenger and MBS, you no longer need to switch, just simply attack asteroid to mine, this allows easier continues mining, and better self defence with weapons active. This however will be compensated by nerf after the test.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Okie i watching the reply back. When chase an enemy you don't click on them. Weapons based on direction, alas will target the ship that they face, that be priority always. If you watch close i fly in the direction of a target, and not click select them.

Occasionally good to click direct at a target, but not durring a chase.

Another thing i noticed, like at Hon, that upgrade armor but not upgrade Hull. If that not upped, especially if there is a heavy spell caster like Titan was, it can sure 1 shot you. But if scale Hull as well about as much as he scales yamato, he wont be able to 1 shot you, and that can rob him from a kill. And Titan played Yamato snipe right. he stayed back, let the creep and allies give vision, and fire Yamato from far behind.

In the last game i played bad, i was quite tired, it show. Also EMP not something that can be spammed easily, but used the right targets it is a game changer.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Hello!

I'm still alive, my net not so much. Long story short, ordered new Internet, and they couldn't finish it yet, the installation, neat huh? I can use public wifi, but that keeps throwing me off. Regardless this i haven't stopped working, but annoying as hell as can't get feedback on things i making.

All Terran and Protoss ships now finished and need some tweaks only. I plan 2 change for the MBS, i will give it a new Ultimate ( Psi Destroyer Field ) and scrap the penetrator missiles weapon in favour of small fighters, the Penetrator missiles will remain though with the mines ( will make them cheaper )

Changes as of recently

Shadow Ray:
-Void Archon ( Ultimate )
-Cloak
-Overcharge
-Quantum Space Jump
-Flame of the Void
-Beam Focusing
-Shield Recharge
-Phase Shift
-Flux Space Drive

Arbiter:
-Quantum Warhead ( Ultimate )
-Kinetic Resonance Field
-Phase Blast
-Quantum Space Jump
-Gravity Sink
-Observer
-Shield Recharge
-Phase Shift
-Fleet Resource Reserves

Super Carrier:
-Rift Beam Drone ( replacement for Gravity Sink )

There been some tweaks for the Quantum Warhead too. It's randomiser now adjusted so likely get a 'medium' sized Ultimate effect at detonation, and the useless tiny and monstrous strong ones more rare, but it's a lottery that can cause real ouch~ ( If lucky you might set off a Black Hole, if unlucky, you get a heavy plasma detonation only )
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Hello

Got tons of improvements for tonight.

First is related to the Shadow Ray, Overcharge range now shows ( same as beam ) and scales with ups as well. Further more, if you run out of juice with your ship the weapon will be disabled until have power back. Normal weapon charge use no power, but charge 2 and 3 do. So as Overcharge. So if wanna god like DPS not enough to have the beam upgraded, you need the energy, both capacity and energy regen upgraded. Then can cause some cansty burns to the enemy, 7th Degree :lol:

Other is, now Protoss Death Event made. As the core upgrades indicate "Singularity Core" there is a 10% chance that a small or medium Black Hole spawned. The Ultimate one is Gigantic so no worries, yet keep a little distance from creeps might help dodge a potential painful experiance :durr:
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Last night was fun ;D

Okie so need markers for BH and Nuke detonations in low graphic settings. I gonna sit down and do that now