League of Legends (DotA)

Moderator: Milldawg

Aluma
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Re: League of Legends (DotA)

Post by Aluma »

Lavarinth wrote:There was a reddit post about them confirming it's not a bannable offense and they had no interest in disabling OR endorsing it for the moment with a link to their forum, god knows I wont find it though.

This was soon after it was discovered, however, so that may have changed by now.
Link?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I should correct myself.

It's not a bannable offense to partake in the games, just to be the host of the game. Even then it seems to be on a per-player basis as some have joined in on the party of imaging up hilarious matches.

- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Aiursrage2k
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Aiursrage2k »

Does anyone play dota 2?
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Tried it. Love the Valve-quality art. Hate the antiquated design that originally had to conform to the limitations and idiosyncrasies of the Warcraft III engine. Like how WCIII couldn't handle more than one "orb effect". Yep, now it's a "feature", ugh. Convoluted design everywhere. Still, it makes some sense, what with all the competition that sprung up over the years, such as League of Legends (biggest contender), Heroes of Newerth (first Dota 'reskin'), Demigod (first retail), Smite (third-person), Super Monday Night Combat (Team Fortress-styled over-shoulder shooter), Awesomenauts (sci-fi side-scroller), Arena of Heroes (sci-fi turn-based), Rise of Immortals (bad clone; what happened, Petroglyph?), Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard's casual with mounts), Strife (S2 Game's casual with pets), Sins of a Dark Age (RTS commander hybrid), Dota 2 would need a way to stand out and apart, so keeping utterly true to the original, flaws and all, was their apparent strategy. Can't fault them for that, but I find it lacking.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Aiursrage2k wrote:Does anyone play dota 2?
Unfortunately for you, most people on CC that plays any MOBA plays LoL.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Aiursrage2k wrote:Does anyone play dota 2?
Yeah I play, silly league of legend casuals! And to think that 10+ years ago here we were playing the beginnings of the moba genre :p
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I found dota 2 unplayable because of the washed out, poor graphics, and the sluggish wc3 gameplay. Their intention was to keep the way wc3 played/felt, which was the #1 thing I hated about that game and all of its maps. I can't ever see taking the game seriously.

League is messy but far more enjoyable to play, provided you actually have people to play with.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

I enjoy dota 2 more than league. The community is still shit, but it's less shit.