Book 6 New Game Plus?

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Re-l
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Book 6 New Game Plus?

Post by Re-l »

WoS is a great campaign but I have some questions after completing it.

Why is it that after creating a new game plus in book 5, heroes have some completely different classes at the beginning of book 6, and not the one picked for new game plus?

Also, the video page ( http://wos.campaigncreations.org/video.shtml ) shows some videos... specifically Hikaru fight vs Nara, and "Book 6 Character Selection Demonstration" in which you are changing Shizuka's class. How do you get to a point where you get to fight Nara as Hikaru, because I only got this fight with Kurumi :/ And how exactly do you get to selection of Shizuka's class, because I only get to select some hero after picking "Free Mode" in the menu, and if I pick Shizuka, she is always the same pre-determined class.

Thank you.

PS: again, WoS is great.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Book 6 New Game Plus?

Post by RazorclawX »

I'll have to look at the other questions later, but for that video of Hikaru fighting Nara was done in Free Mode, I believe.

And yeah, sometimes I think I made things a little too complicated there for no real reason. I at least thought better about punishing people too much about their choices at least even though it made some of the choices in the campaign less robust (such as how I underestimated how many people would actually ask Hokuto for help; in my original design the consequences for that was much worse).
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Re-l wrote:Why is it that after creating a new game plus in book 5, heroes have some completely different classes at the beginning of book 6, and not the one picked for new game plus?
The characters that load up into Book 6 are whatever you had at the end of Book 5 (including any changes you make in the arena bonus level). However, it only copies over the characters when you do the Introduction level in Book 6.

I'm positive it's like this so you can do whatever you want with New Game Plus without it affecting Book 6.
Also, the video page ( http://wos.campaigncreations.org/video.shtml ) shows some videos... specifically Hikaru fight vs Nara.
Okay, how specifically to do this (turns out to be much easier than I thought):

1. Pick Hikaru as your main hero like normal.
2. Exit the stage out of any one of the five exits to save
3. Go back to the menu select
4. Pick "Sorceria Core" as your next stage

You can also do it with Kurumi and Shizuka as well; "Sorceria Core" is the Free Mode version of the level.
And how exactly do you get to selection of Shizuka's class, because I only get to select some hero after picking "Free Mode" in the menu, and if I pick Shizuka, she is always the same pre-determined class.
The way it's set up is the game will force you to play a certain class until you complete the final stage with that character. In Shizuka's case that's the end boss. I'm not aware of a way to not trigger it or unflag it.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Re-l

Post by Re-l »

The characters that load up into Book 6 are whatever you had at the end of Book 5 (including any changes you make in the arena bonus level).
This can not be possible, because I have *never* even seen the classes that were given to me at the start of Book 6.