So it seems Bravery Default might be the old school-like RPG from Square-Enix that many wished. For the Nintendo 3DS.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSLNictGeHo
In short :
- A lot of elements based on Final Fantasy I, III (JAP) and V including the job system.
- The main new feature is "Brave" and "Default". Brave essentially allow you to make multiple turns (up to 4) in a single turn but you have wait the same X amount of turns to re-act unless you stored them with "Default" (improved Defend).
- Enemies can also "Brave" and "Default".
- You can use your current main class' abilities + another class' abilities (ex : White Magic + Black Magic) in addition of up to 4 perks unlocked from all of your classes' progress.
- Ability to set the encounter rate anywhere from 0% to 200%. Less time lost on getting into battles and can avoid combat (except bosses) as you deem fit.
- Seems there are also effect customization to apply on your equipment and such.
- The story doesn't seem top-quality but just enough to interest you the whole game.
- A village you rebuild (time-based) with shops and such.
- Streetpass and over the Internet stuff. Essentially can summon a (overpowered?) friend's attack/ability once per 24h.
- Seems you get the airship very soon in this. Allowing you very early exploration of the world map.
Technically, there is some micro transaction for some SP thingy. However, you can essentially just get the SP thingies for 100% free by letting your 3DS in standby mode in-game (preferably plugged as well). You have ZERO need to buy it in the grand scheme of all things.
You will probably want to to be in standby mode anyway. Easier to pass time for your village to build up faster as turning off your 3DS doesn't count for passing time.
EDIT : It's one of those games you REALLY want to buy a physical version instead of a digital version. The digital version takes about 26,000 blocks (basically 3 GB) and your starting 3DS SD card is like 2 GB if you didn't change it.