Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Announced

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Announced

Post by Pr0nogo »

AA7Dragoon wrote:I know a lot of these tropes have been used before in many stories, but Blizzard still does a good job of rehashing popular themes. The Archangel of Wisdom has become the Angel of Death.
No they haven't. They copy plot devices and bad executions 1:1 from other games (or their own games, re: Kerrigan vs. Arthas), they have terrible presentation with their graphics and audio, and the elements within their stories are just as flat and gimmicky as their gameplay often is. Blizzard has never been good at writing, they simply used to be good at presenting poor and generic writing. They now lack those skills.
AA7Dragoon wrote:Even if you hate the games, Blizzard Entertainment is still the undisputed king of cinematics. There's no other company that can bring pause to the Internet than a Blizzard cinematic announcement to a new title.
When amateurs can spend less time on a cinematic and get the same visual fidelity, and the audio and writing behind Blizzard cinematics is garbage, the statement you made is incredibly nonsensical. If anything brings pause to the intern-net, it should be how terrible they are as a company. The fact that casuals dive dick-first into their wallets for casual games doesn't make the games or their hype machines any higher quality. Have you no standards?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

AA7Dragoon wrote:Even if you hate the games, Blizzard Entertainment is still the undisputed king of cinematics.
That's supposed to be a joke, right? Because I was laughing for quite a while.
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#steehlrain
Chriso

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Crusader plays like a more aggressive D2 paladin. He is a Strength-based heavy armor fighter with a shield and flail, who uses a resource called Wrath. One of his passive skills allows him to use a shield with a 2-handed weapon. Another gives flat All Resist for each different type of gem he has socketed.

New Diamond gem gives cooldown reduction in your helm, bonus % damage vs. elites in your weapon, and All Resist in the rest of your gear.

Paragon levels will be account-wide and give refundable stat points that can be invested into movement speed, gold pickup radius, defense, health percentage, resist all, armor, dodge percent, attack, attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, cooldown reduction, INT, STR, DEX, and VIT.

The Blacksmith and Jeweler will finally be joined by the held-back Mystic. She can reroll rare and legendary item affixes, add an affix, and can transmogrify the item's appearance on your character to look like another item.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

I am exited for Reaper of Souls! <3
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Blizzard is removing the Diablo 3 auction house. Both Gold and Real Money.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978

March 18, 2014 is the shutdown date. I had to double-check the date of this article to make sure it wasn't from April 1st. It's real, it's happening, and I'm not sure if 11 on the 0-10 Surprise Scale is a valid input...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCgKciMIE4
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Funny how desperate they are getting. Now, if they rebuild the entire game, they might start making actual progress. Until then, it's pretty much far too little far too late.
Chriso

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Hercanic wrote:Blizzard is removing the Diablo 3 auction house. Both Gold and Real Money.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978

March 18, 2014 is the shutdown date. I had to double-check the date of this article to make sure it wasn't from April 1st. It's real, it's happening, and I'm not sure if 11 on the 0-10 Surprise Scale is a valid input...
I was also very, very surprised of that move especially with the money-grubbing impression. However, I think it could be explained in quite a few ways nonetheless :

1) Maybe Blizzard already drained all the possible real cash they could get via the AH as there are way too few players left to truly matter. Thus trying to continue this into the expansion is pointless even purely cash-wise considering low expansion sales in that scenario.

2) Along with #1, maybe they felt doing a "reboot" with Loot 2.0 would give them at least enough PR credibility that would translate into enough raw expansion sales.

3) In a worse case scenario, it could be a way to deceive players into buying the expansions then quickly "change their mind" shortly after day 1 and keep both auction houses. Although, I don't think Blizzard would step that low.

Anyway, personally I don't intend to buy the expansion as I didn't get too much into D3 even if we exclude the Auction House. The uninterested story, relatively static areas and so on of Act 1-3 obviously won't be changed that much with an expansion.

Although Loot 2.0 could honestly be a huge gamechanger, the problem is it relies that it truly works. Hopefully, it isn't Loot 1.1 or some overglorified change that doesn't change much in reality.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

I'm kind of expecting them to keep delaying removal of the RMAH citing "fan feedback" and talk about how they're trying to rework it and end up not doing shit.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Chriso wrote:I know, wat?! I think this is a good sign. With WoW's income down by 54% from 7 months ago, with SC2 dead, I think they finally realize they're going to have to make an effort at last. There is hope...
Let them all be devoured by Bill Ropar's gullet... It's the only way for humanity toi survive.

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
Chriso

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Hey now, getting that diablo 1 code to work again took real talent.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Chriso wrote:Careful, Mark. Just as you would speak of the devil and he would appear; speak of Bill Roper's departure hurting Blizzard and instantly some idiot will say 'LOL HELLGATE LONDON'.
Hellgate London beats anything Blizzard could churn out in today's time. :P

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka