New & Upcoming game discussion.

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: New & Upcoming game discussion.

Post by IskatuMesk »

Judging by the developer's comments they have butchered it. Less than half the races, less players, smaller maps, smaller unit parties, more "accessible" to casuals (as if the game wasn't casual enough). Completely ignored my questions about file formats.

I see no reason to get one's hopes up.
Aiursrage2k
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Aiursrage2k »

Mew-genics from team meat.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Something you have association with I presume? Care to give any information about it?
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Looks like a game for pussies.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Aiursrage2k wrote:Mew-genics from team meat.
Iskatumesk house right there...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't think anyone's been in our attic for decades. So it very well likely looks like that. I do know I have millipedes and jumping spiders the size of chickens coming out of cracks in my wall and the window border.
Aiursrage2k

Post by Aiursrage2k »

I didnt have anything to do with it, its the guy who made super meat boy and binding of isssac but basically its a crazy cat lady simulator.
http://supermeatboy.com/141/Mew_Genics_/
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That really does sound like my house.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

So is it taking place in outer space?
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

DrumsofWar wrote:So is it taking place in outer space?
Power for life, baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNYvorV0UJI

DrumsofWar

Post by DrumsofWar »

One-man dev team making his own RTS based on SunBurn engine. The trailer looks promising.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

DrumsofWar wrote:One-man dev team making his own RTS based on SunBurn engine. The trailer looks promising.
Looks like a generic RTS with a bag load of unnecessary gimmicks. Just look at the screen shots and I can already see which unit counters which...

Terrible.

Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

DrumsofWar wrote:One-man dev team making his own RTS based on SunBurn engine. The trailer looks promising.
The trailer references Starcraft, then immediately talks about equipping 15 different weapons to your units. I'm guessing this is the core gameplay feature that is meant to get me excited? Nothing else was really talked about.

Well, at the very end it said the game was singleplayer, meaning no multiplayer. Without that, I don't think this game can "ease my pain" from Starcraft.
Dev comment on IndieDB wrote:Lord_Crusare Aug 2 2013, 12:27am replied:
There is no multiplayer mode.
Meridian feature list from website wrote:» Traditional RTS gameplay with a focus on strategy – the forceful approach rarely works
» Experience a world of choices where every decision has an impact on the world around you
» Use the right tool to get the job done: equip your units with 15 different weapons
» Gain XP during battle and upgrade your commander profile with special combat abilities
» Get to know the people on board your ship: by talking to them, you influence the crew’s behavior
» Including a full level editor and scripting tool used to build the campaign maps will be available
» Never run out of maps with the in-game custom map downloader and official levels released frequently after release
#1. Vague and basic. Am I to read it as early game defenses being really strong? (Forceful approach = rushing / mass attack-move?) Or maybe the unit health/movement speed to build time ratio greatly favors the defender?

#2. Vague. Gameplay should be about meaningful choices anyway. Will the campaign have something more akin to The Witcher's long-term consequence system?

#3. Seems like unit chassis is detached from weapon type, so any unit can use any weapon. The first problem I see with this is readability. If I scout the enemy's army in that "bugs and templars" game, I can tell what he can do from his unit composition. Every unit was designed with a unique silhouette, to be distinguishable at a glance. In this new system, how do I tell if the enemy units are using rocket launchers or plasma cannons?

#4. At first I read this to mean something like League of Legend's Summoner system, but taking another look it probably means something more like LoL's champions gaining XP. So these special abilities are combat-gated, rather than resource-gated. Something like Warcraft III's hero system, but global rather than attached to a local unit. Will there be anything like creep camps, though? A way to gain an edge over a passive/defensive opponent? (Then again, this is a singleplayer-only game, so maybe my first interpretation was correct...)

#5. Vague. How does your crew's behavior affect gameplay? Are we talking something irrelevant, like SC2's campaign? Or more like Divinity: Dragon Commander, which has a territory management system? In that game there are representatives from the races of the land, and your interactions with those characters has effects on their territories that you control.

#6. Always nice to have available the tools used by the developer itself.

#7. So a system to browse, upload, and download custom maps from within the game? Cool.

DrumsofWar wrote:One-man dev team
Where did you read this? Looking at the developer's site, I get the impression that there are multiple people on the team.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Ducktales Remastered coming out next week. Instant buy.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future