Moderator: Milldawg

wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: IllumiRoom, kinda cool

Post by wibod »

mark_009_vn wrote:
wibod wrote:
I don't see why any reason it wouldn't work with TIR, as all TIR does is move the camera when you move your head, and doesn't really provide a peripheral affect at all. I'm talking about how you have a relatively narrow field of view that is in focus, and a much broader peripheral field of view that isn't in as great a focus.

Anyways the main problem I see with an eyefinity setup is that it's relying on the devs to code for it's usage, and most don't. Whereas the projector has it's own software and presumably works with most anything.

Anyways the biggest problem with the projector for this type of application is that it would have to be arranged in a very certain way to function properly on a PC as it's likely to be behind the user.
When you move your heads around chances are your field of vision is going to shift to the edges of the screen. Because of this IllumiRoom it might break the immersion since you'll notice that the projection is fake; where Eyefinity multiple monitors could at least compensate.

Then again, it's just all speculations..
You realize that TIR makes use of very small movements right, and that it's not 1 to 1? Because your head movement is pretty much negligible and you can still focus on the centre of the screen. Or are you saying that you can't move your head one way and your eyes the opposite?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

wibod wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:If by project you mean the IllumiRoom, it's intended to "sit on a coffee table" though I can already imagine the clever stands they'll sell to make it stand the proper height in the middle of a room (aka: a mini tripod).
Lavarinth confirmed for microsoft shill.
Oh stop it. :hah:

I haven't even turned my Xbox on in over a year. I think I'm nearing two years, actually.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
wibod

Post by wibod »

Lavarinth wrote:
wibod wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:If by project you mean the IllumiRoom, it's intended to "sit on a coffee table" though I can already imagine the clever stands they'll sell to make it stand the proper height in the middle of a room (aka: a mini tripod).
Lavarinth confirmed for microsoft shill.
Oh stop it. :hah:

I haven't even turned my Xbox on in over a year. I think I'm nearing two years, actually.
Your secret is out!
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

The way I hear it, Lav is bringing it out of the closet come BlizzCon...

=oP
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Hercanic wrote:The way I hear it, Lav is bringing it out of the closet come BlizzCon...

=oP
Nope. I have a PS3 or Wii U for that.

The only game I used to play a lot on Xbox was Rockband.. When it was relevant.
- - Lavarinth
KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by KnoutOut »

neat, but it will probably be extremly overpriced and not worth the money for some special effects. Especially, since games degenerate more and more into interactive movies. I only see this as another small step towards the startrek holodeck.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

KnoutOut wrote:neat, but it will probably be extremly overpriced and not worth the money for some special effects. Especially, since games degenerate more and more into interactive movies. I only see this as another small step towards the startrek holodeck.
Except Metal Gear Solid 4, which was a combination of a trilogy of movies and a complete game. My god that game was long.
- - Lavarinth