BlizzCon 2013 Tickets On Sale April 24 and 27

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

BlizzCon 2013 Tickets On Sale April 24 and 27

Post by Lavarinth »

Blizzard has released a press release in regards to BlizzCon ticket sales:

Mark your calendars—a Blizzard is coming to Southern California! Tickets for BlizzCon® 2013 will go on sale in two batches on Wednesday, April 24 at 7 p.m. PDT and Saturday, April 27 at 10 a.m. PDT through the official BlizzCon website. In addition, a limited number of tickets to an exclusive pre-BlizzCon Benefit Dinner will go on sale Wednesday, May 1 at 7 p.m. PDT.

BlizzCon 2013 takes place November 8 and 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, and tickets to the two-day show will be available at $175 USD each. Tickets to the Benefit Dinner (which includes admission to BlizzCon) will be priced at $500 USD each, with proceeds benefitting Children’s Hospital of Orange County. Tickets to previous BlizzCon events have sold out within minutes, so be sure to synchronize your hourglasses.

Paladins, demon hunters, and Ghosts who can’t make it to the show in person will once again have the option to enjoy BlizzCon from home by ordering a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, offering comprehensive live coverage of the event via a multi-channel Internet stream. Further details on the Virtual Ticket, including pricing, availability, and programming information, will be announced at a later date.

See the full press release or check out the BlizzCon Ticket page for more information, and be sure visit the official BlizzCon website at the dates and times above for a chance to purchase a ticket to the show. We hope to see you in Anaheim!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: BlizzCon 2013 Tickets On Sale April 24 and 27

Post by IskatuMesk »

They could sell the tickets at $500 a pop and it would sell out just as fast. Come on, guys. You aren't trying hard enough.
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

WTH, didn't they used to sell the batches several months apart? Now it's just 3 days.

They also just announced the ticket sales and their price today, 24 whole days in advance, so fuck ya'll who need at least a month to save! Way to give adequate notice, Blizz. It's not like you have over 6 months to plan with before the convention starts. Oh wait, you do.
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

Well, I guess in theory since people are purchasing with credit cards they'll have more time to save based on their billing cycles and so on. As far as their timing is concerned selling tickets earlier than usual for an event being hosted later than usual. Eh, eh. Yeah.

edit: Herc, it just dawned on me that if you get the United States Navy to conduct an emergency evacuation of you and V in November that they'd likely bring you to a naval base in San Diego. You could probably save big time and then get Lav to pick you up. :3

You know, if you can sway North Korea to think about your Blizzcon plans. :3
- - - Dread
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Hercanic wrote:WTH, didn't they used to sell the batches several months apart? Now it's just 3 days.

They also just announced the ticket sales and their price today, 24 whole days in advance, so fuck ya'll who need at least a month to save! Way to give adequate notice, Blizz. It's not like you have over 6 months to plan with before the convention starts. Oh wait, you do.
Nope. And the announcement is only days difference from 2010.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/04/14/ ... -announced
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/05/18/blizz ... e-5th-150/
- - Lavarinth
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Dread:
Maybe Anonymous could be convinced to help with that plan...

Lav:
I don't care about 2010, I didn't go to that one. 2009's batches were sold May 16 and May 30, giving at least two entire weeks between the batches. So, not quite months, but still a somewhat decent gap.

Looking at the ticket announcement dates from years past, they've done this shitty couple-weeks notice at least back to 2008, where I stopped looking. The escalating ticket price just compounds the problem. They're only a $25 increment away from doubling 2008's ticket price.

Dear Blizzard:
Next year, please give at least one month's notice of ticket pricing and sale date, and at least one month between batches to allow everyone who doesn't live on credit cards an opportunity to save and buy the tickets within their means. Thanks!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Unfortunately announcing the sale date May 5th for 2009, makes it the worst record ever considering the sale dates were May 16th and May 30th, giving quite a short span of time to save money even for the second batch.
- - Lavarinth
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Sure, that's what I said. Their announcement dates have always sucked, and should be changed to give people more time to save.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You said you didn't care about 2010, so I gave you 2009's info.
- - Lavarinth
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Why would I need 2009's info when in the very next sentence I talked about 2009? ('09 is the one I went to, which is where the vague memory in my first post of there having been a larger gap between batches comes from.)

My second paragraph was the one that dealt with the announcement dates, which was all-inclusive to 2008.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Are you going?
- - - Dread
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

At this point, probably not. While I'd love to hang out with fellow CC crew for a few days, between the cost, limited notice, travel distance, uncertainty of my situation in 7 months, and lack of any upcoming Blizzard projects that have me excited, there just isn't enough justification.

I anticipate, at most, the reveal of a D3 expansion, WoW expansion (Cataclysm was announced Aug 2009 and released Dec 2010, Pandaria was announced Oct 2011 and released Sep 2012, so Nov 2013 puts them at the right time for another announcement), and maybe Project Titan. They cancelled BlizzCon 2012 because they didn't have anything new to show, so hopefully an extra year was enough time.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Is V going?
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Is Ryan's sister going?
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Um... Herc... I get where you're coming from, in that you might appreciate some advanced notice. So I'm going to give you some now way in advance: BlizzCon 2014 tickets will likely go on sale some time in or around the month of May. So maybe start saving up for the trip sometime before April :P