WUB WUB WUB (aka: HotS Spoiler Thread)

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: WUB WUB WUB (aka: HotS Spoiler Thread)

Post by Lavarinth »

vlad_k wrote:still those who left created a new companyy and made some good games
unlike blizzard now with SC2 and Wow :S
Good games, you say. But hey, at least one person from Blizzard remains at ArenaNet, and Guild Wars, Torchlight, and.. Okay, two games out of twelve different companies formed by former employees of Blizzard.

Working at Blizzard doesn't make you a god at game creating, unfortunately.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

But Mythos was beta Torchlight, and it had more features. And Firefall hasn't been released yet, but the beta stuff is pretty neat.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Blizzard was never really a good company. Maybe back with Lost Vikings they were good. Not on the PC, though. They just got incredibly lucky with Diablo and BW. Mythos had more features than both Torchlight AND Diablo 3... which is funny. Stupid, but funny. It's not surprising almost all of the little lard globules to drip out of the bucket were destined to fail without the huge logo holding them up.

Guild Wars 2 was pretty much a disaster, too.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

wibod wrote:But Mythos was beta Torchlight, and it had more features. And Firefall hasn't been released yet, but the beta stuff is pretty neat.
You liked Firefall? I couldn't go past ten minutes of it. Mostly because I didn't "get it" since the tutorial was bad.
- - Lavarinth
wibod

Post by wibod »

Lavarinth wrote:
wibod wrote:But Mythos was beta Torchlight, and it had more features. And Firefall hasn't been released yet, but the beta stuff is pretty neat.
You liked Firefall? I couldn't go past ten minutes of it. Mostly because I didn't "get it" since the tutorial was bad.
What did you expect? It's a true beta test.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I.. Didn't know what to do at all. How could I beta test something without information on HOW to do things? Then they send me surveys asking how I liked X, Y, Z.. I couldn't even get past A.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

While I have not played Firefall, I'll state that I was interested in it until A.) I saw the art/gameplay and B.) they announced they were turning it into an "e-sport game". Yeah... welcome to the generic club, comrades. See you later.
Frozty
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Frozty »

HOTS was a welcome surprise for me. It really helped rekindle my desire to play Starcraft again. While the story seemed a bit contrived and forced, the addition of the abilities, the great models for the main characters, and the gameplay really pushed the campaign forward.

Could have used more of an introduction to the Zerus arc. Primal Zerg is a great idea, I just wish they were more wild as the dialogue suggested. About the roaches, etc.: it is said that they quickly evolved their own versions of the current units after the first couple of battles and taking their essence.

Also a certain returning fan-favorite/fan-service character explains his whole back story in his aggravated responses from clicking, making light of the fact that he's even there at all with his rundown. They were obviously trying to throw in some more humor, but it seemed a little too silly.

Also need more missions like the Hyperion, even if just as an Arcade game, that was a nice change of pace and with some tweaking could really soar in the right hands.

Now if I can get back into playing some competitive games... Just do not have the time to commit to it at the moment.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That Hyperion mission bored me to tears. I would actually say that was probably the worst mission of the entire campaign which is saying a lot considering most of it was a half-finished prototype at best. I mean, it's great and all you want to make some kind of reference to a ums map, but you guys kind of forgot that the ums map usually has some kind of... interactive element to it. Yeah.
Frozty

Post by Frozty »

Which is why I said it would work better in the hands of someone else.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Has some useful assets, though. I can see those stations being really useful.
tf-
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by tf- »

I remember actually laughing out loud when I saw the overview for that mission, what was the point of setting it in space?
Last edited by tf- on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krazy

Post by Krazy »

The achievement for the hyperion mission is one of the two that are even remotely challenging.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

I kind of didn't understand why the hyperion didn't, you know, go vertically over the asteroids. I guess that would have made too much sense.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You realize drawing a XYZ asteroid field instead of just XY would obscure your vision and they likely hoped you realized "it's a game, and we want it viewable."

... Right? You realize that, right?
- - Lavarinth