WUB WUB WUB (aka: HotS Spoiler Thread)

Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Re: WUB WUB WUB (aka: HotS Spoiler Thread)

Post by Krazy »

Yeah, I kept making brood lords thinking they would be useful, but most of the time there wasn't enough AA to support them. One mission in particular I blew too much on brood lords and ended up having to turtle due to mining out the map while kerrigan solo nuked her way to victory.

It's more the matter of: by default, I am inclined to choose brood lords, because I can readily imagine scenarios where they will be quite useful. And in any case, I would want to be able to build them. However, vipers are "the new unit". So since I was playing on brutal, I felt compelled to choose the "reliable" unit instead of the "new" unit and as such didn't really get the extra lulz of randomly pulling crap around while in the campaign on my first run. It's just silly to put the viper--the "new" unit--up against the brood lord, one of the most reliable wincons in WoL.

- - - - -

In an unrelated thought, did anyone notice that there are two distinct cinematics for the "Conscience" cinematic? Since you can reach the cinematic through two different paths, and one of those paths involves a kerrigan that looks slightly different than the other, there is one for each kerrigan. All the audio and voice and action is the same, but kerrigan looks different.

Looks expensive to me. I wonder how many seconds of original cinematic the game didn't include because they needed to have two versions of that one.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I found an untextured Defiler model in the editor (Swarm campaign dependency). Has all the relevant animations and everything-- it just has NO TEXTURES.

Also, unlike the Devourer and the Guardian the Defiler has no abilities whatsoever. Devourer and Guardian are actually fully functional (I would hope so in the Guardian's case since you fight a bunch of Primal versions of them on Zerus).
IskatuMesk wrote:I thought cliff zerglings/butter would be useful but they very clearly mapped around the potential of abusing any of them. Figures.
I found them extremely useful. Especially with the Summon Banelings skill.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

RazorclawX wrote:I found an untextured Defiler model in the editor (Swarm campaign dependency). Has all the relevant animations and everything-- it just has NO TEXTURES.

Also, unlike the Devourer and the Guardian the Defiler has no abilities whatsoever. Devourer and Guardian are actually fully functional (I would hope so in the Guardian's case since you fight a bunch of Primal versions of them on Zerus).
IskatuMesk wrote:I thought cliff zerglings/butter would be useful but they very clearly mapped around the potential of abusing any of them. Figures.
I found them extremely useful. Especially with the Summon Banelings skill.
I JUST FELL OFF MY CHAIR!

Time to hack up a texture!!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

When I hit the mutalisk evolution, I picked viper. And then I tested something. And it worked.
Spoiler
How the hell do vipers yank both battlecruisers and thors over with their tongues?

Ours is a thought-tormented age.
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

Laconius wrote:When I hit the mutalisk evolution, I picked viper. And then I tested something. And it worked.
Spoiler
How the hell do vipers yank both battlecruisers and thors over with their tongues?

1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSmo4JW4mk&t=1m40s
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

At 1:10.. it was over for me, I started laughing too much. 1:40.. I might as well of had a heart attack.
- - Lavarinth
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

That licking zergling at 1:33 is like the cutest thing ever... Someone make a plush doll out of it.
- - - Dread
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Forewarning: If you changed default building build lists in a module, be prepare for hots to do some of the most unpredictable, wacky shit to those build lists

/edit

Ok, what it specifically did was:

- Merged all hots campaign build lists into mine.
- Changed any overlapping button requirements and merged those as well.
- Busted hotkeys and stuff as a direct result of the merging.

To fix them, you'll need to redo the actual button listing on the unit data and then redo your related button requirements for any units that got merged together and remove those doubles/overlaps.

This dependency system is retarded seeing as it doesn't work in a logical priority manner. I got a lot of lols when I asked about dependencies and logic. :(
Krazy

Post by Krazy »

Yeah, I've noticed that hotkeys randomlu break midgame in some customs too. Whatever blizzard did to hotkeys, it was terrible.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I've had no issues with hotkeys, but I use defaults.
- - Lavarinth
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

If you don't use defaults then they completely screw up in customs. It's really dumb when all I've changed is unbinding F10.
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Chriso »

a
Last edited by Chriso on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#steehlrain
vlad_k
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by vlad_k »

lol this plot is so stupid.......anyhow the old crew the wrote SC1+BW left cuz they didn't like the direction blizz was going....anyway you want a good plot play the witcher 2
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

vlad_k wrote:lol this plot is so stupid.......anyhow the old crew the wrote SC1+BW left cuz they didn't like the direction blizz was going....anyway you want a good plot play the witcher 2
That's a horrible review.
- - Lavarinth
vlad_k

Post by vlad_k »

still those who left created a new companyy and made some good games
unlike blizzard now with SC2 and Wow :S