Podcast: The New Year

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Re: Podcast: The New Year

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

At last! I have been looking forward to a new podcast from you guys. Them keeps me going.

Lavvz, you said something about people just doing random streaming while working with their projects, where did you find them?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

GnaReffotsirk wrote:At last! I have been looking forward to a new podcast from you guys. Them keeps me going.

Lavvz, you said something about people just doing random streaming while working with their projects, where did you find them?
Nothing quite dedicated, just bits and pieces I've found while browsing around:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48D758F83F416F7F
http://www.youtube.com/am10159/

Just some searching here and there gets you results.

I am hoping that the technology we have now will make more of us work like this, more or less.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have been tempted to set up a stream but I know no one will bother watching me do bits of modeling and then afk for hours at a time.

also, I'm Canadian, so I'd have to use a quality of 1 byte a minute or else run out of bandwidth and have Harper bash down my door with his grotesquely large American penis and club me to death with it.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Same here. 0.5 mbps upload rate and I'm cooked.

Resorted to listening to debates thereafter.

Lavvz, thanks for those links.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote:I have been tempted to set up a stream but I know no one will bother watching me do bits of modeling and then afk for hours at a time.
Instead of being "live", you should just record the parts of you being "live" in theory then eventually compress it and upload it as a normal video file. It would only have the non-afk parts and dramatically saves bandwidth then you can do it only at the times you actually care to do it.

To me, unless it's something "live" that actually really matter right *now* OR you have the bandwidth to use/waste for non-consequential live things then it should probably be an uploaded compressed video instead.

If there is something I always disliked of live streaming is I am too likely to come at the middle of it without knowing the beginning as opposed to a structured video that always got the beginning to the end.