Hello there from SA creator

Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Hello there from SA creator

Post by Ice4smaster »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:So from my last game, the Heavy Carrier definitively need a direct icon to enable/disable auto-cast rebuilding interceptors rather than going into a sub-menu to enable/disable the only icon which cannot be accessible in all situations.

The main reason is during the game, there was an enemy BC with heavy armor and I do notice the Carrier is made for anti-fighter and anti-unarmored play but not vs heavy-armored enemy ships. Thus, I decide to get the Yamato Gun equivalent for the Carrier so I can actually pack some punch.

However, 75% of the time, I wanted to disable the interceptor rebuilding's auto-cast so it stops eating my energy (75/intereceptor with 40 max and a max energy of 1400 or so) so I can actually shoot this "Yamato Gun" but I couldn't. Thus, it remade my interceptors near-instantly which were useless for the encounter in progress and I couldn't shoot the much needed "Yamato Gun" as I was always too low on energy.
Patch been late for NA, been hammered by work, though many of these things answered ^^

Carrier recived scouts so can answer to more armour build treats, also added hold button to the esort menu part, it's not the best of solutions, but allows to Hold your ship in possition also access the sub menu and switch the auto build as needed.

Planet cracker got nerfed a lil, from 5000 to 4000 start damage

Mothership pollished up, last passive and upgrades are in place now.

Scavanger got buffed on the area of missiles and there fire rate so can fight now, humble begining, night mare finish for armoured targets.

Void have beam modes now, and i think the damage got right now more or less, now i just need to upload it.

Also a friend began work on the triggers for the map, maybe in a month time we have vote for which faction your side pick ( Terran or Protoss for now ) and each faction will start with there own ships but one wanna go with other race ship can do so for some start resources sacreficed. :]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Ice, just wanted to say hello, I actually really enjoy your map.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Lavarinth wrote:Ice, just wanted to say hello, I actually really enjoy your map.
Thank you very much :] Hope can have some bigger games soon where we can unleash all the tricks, ones as well haven't though about yet :D

Good news that new patch finally is up, there might be another patch for the saturday with some luck, i plan to get the Warp Prism ingame, how ever this wont be the finished ship yet, but the basics of it and 1-2 abilities so can have a lil test flight with it ;)
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Patch will be uploaded in 2 hours :]
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Just in time for FFS? :lol:
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Pr0nogo wrote:Just in time for FFS? :lol:
Yes hehe ^^ will be joining in too. I saw had some critic about the Mass Drive damage VS mass armour, i can tweak the number down a lil but not wanna turn the game into a Mass Drive fest either ;)

Also have Warp Prism avilable now, not finished yet but the basic of the ship is set, have 3 standard and 1 own ability, Black Hole, Quantum Jump, Warp Drive, and own ability is warp space storage, allows to carry 1 allied ship inside, so can snatch an near dead ally out of harms way and take it back to the base XD
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Last night was fun game :] appolagies though went missing, kinda passed out before the PC :S

changes i consider now to shorten game time
-remove normal cost of ships for the first 10 mins and have lifes as resource ( custom resource ) 5x lifes
-Bit jiggled with the protoss energy upgrades, so even though they have to unlock energy upgrades, they have better energy at start, with a bit
-Dreadnought reactive armour is nerfed now down to +25%

there be more ofcourse ;D
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

I'm on holidays atm so can't upload new patch for this weekend, though still working on the mod on my laptop, once back, should have a nice crispy patch for all :]

Things to come:
-System Hack ( hijack your opponent ship for a 3 sec time ) implemented, Black Ops Raven
-Graviton Beam ( paralyse target ship movement for a durration ) work in progress, Warp Prism
-Weapon Uplink Matrix ( Increase own non massive units weapon range ) work in progress, Heavy Carrier
-Warp Blast ( deal small damage but punch target into warp space ) in plans, Warp Prism
-Ion Storm ( psi storm basicly but with changes obv ) in plans, Heavy carrier
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Map is updated~

new arbiter model and some other sweets lol :]
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Newest video games we played in FFS :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEEiWn7Jsg (Part 1/2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzkG-YUTC24 (Part 2/2)
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:Newest video games we played in FFS :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qEEiWn7Jsg (Part 1/2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzkG-YUTC24 (Part 2/2)
And an brilliant gameplay! ^-^

Haha, i guess need to explane few things thats cloudy =)

First of each Race have it's Own, Unique destructive death.

Terrans - Nuclear Death
by buying reactor upgrades, then nuke and nuke upgrades the chance of a nuclear detonation increases, starts at 0.1 chance and each of these add a +0.1 chance, and incase of the nuke, it makes the detonation much bigger, so late game Terrans can play heroic ( or trollistic ) suicide ram run agents enemies, especially ones that dont know better keep a healthy distance.

Protoss - Void Archon Merge
It's linked to the Energy upgrades as well alike terrans, and chance increases as more and more energy bough, so are the Archons Strenghts, they are a rage entity of the killed protoss crew of your ship, uncontrolled and deadly, as could see they can crack even a dreadnought in a short time notice, or stay around and farm the creep, gain money as long they alive, life caped at 1 min

Zerg - Swarm cloud
It's in a progress as Zergs just got intreduced with the levi, but basicly when a Levi dies, leaves behind a debuff, buff AoE cloud, debuff all non Biological uniots, and buffs all Biological units ( even enemy ones ) also will have a slowing effect soon.

Lifes, for now keep it at 5 lifes, and yes can buy more, but the price tripples each time, and good, or fore seeing players can make a good use of extra lifes, like afford a suicide mission to take out 2 or more enemy at once for a little cost.

You saw the large Gates, was wondering why not used them, they provide free warp jumps, just need to fly through them properly headding for the right direction, zergs will relay on these heavily as they almost warpless ( Have Warp Rift but thats there Ultimate )

If there is a game this saturday i try to bring in some of the frequent SA players and can have some truely nasty mayhem :lol:
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

• Spending a life for the other races makes no sense.
  • Eating a Terran with the Leviathan and dying to his death explosion is dumb.
  • Eating everyone else is completely harmless.
  • Leviathan weapons feel like they are fighting with each other to fire.
  • Leviathan not having any form of life armor means you are naked after a large hit. Effective health 101, large health pool without armor might as be a tiny one.
  • Nuke fallout cancels out zerg capapace, your only real defense.
  • Auto target acquisition is annoying to fight all the time, especially when you just ignore everything around you to go after a player in the distance.
  • I'm pretty sure the map could use more asteroids in and around bases so nukes aren't a cheap easy kill.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Hunter_Killers wrote:
  • Spending a life for the other races makes no sense.
  • Eating a Terran with the Leviathan and dying to his death explosion is dumb.
  • Eating everyone else is completely harmless.
  • Leviathan weapons feel like they are fighting with each other to fire.
  • Leviathan not having any form of life armor means you are naked after a large hit. Effective health 101, large health pool without armor might as be a tiny one.
  • Nuke fallout cancels out zerg capapace, your only real defense.
  • Auto target acquisition is annoying to fight all the time, especially when you just ignore everything around you to go after a player in the distance.
  • I'm pretty sure the map could use more asteroids in and around bases so nukes aren't a cheap easy kill.
Just got a new patch up to NA, late indeed for the game but i passed out being totally knackered, been working to much this week and the world did gone blank.

Dieing to the Terran nuclear explosion, will try to work something out for that, as i wanna keep it there but not as fatal, i might reduce the death damage a notch

I likely add armour to the zerg life, but it will be a minimal one, it's have quite a high regen already, if spent properly on regenerations you can get a regen rate of 130 easily ( thats lvl 30 )
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Newest video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0trZudM2LI

Btw, this is mostly the one game HKS based his latest suggestions.
Ice4smaster
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Ice4smaster »

Just saw the latest vid :nosebleed: and i made making changes. The Race unlock and the Def buildings block projectiles part i took mostly up, with the later experimenting, the first one already changed

Here's what i changed:

General
-Race unlock no longer costs life, but takes 30 sec to unlock 1 race, thats the only handycap chosing a different race then your own there is.
-Fixed a bug with the death effects, they are no longer doubled up, so fix 5 Void Archon or Explosion counted once at Terrans
-Gone over Zerg Descriptions and corrected errors i saw, since Zerg is Brand new, Values changing steadily to balance it out ( Note i test unit on my own but in a team game need a team to test it properly and i just by my self )

Terrans:
-Black Ops Raven
-Magnetic mines Rework
-Start Damage increased to 1500 and upgrades add +100 to this
-Detonation Mechanics reworked, it detonates upon death be that killed or the "suicide" weapon of the mine
-System Fire Wall ( instead of Advance targeting )
-It's an passive aura VS enemy Raven Hacks as well an durration upgrade for your own Hack

Zerg:
-All Zergs will enjoy natural bonus inside nebula clouds
-Leviathan
-Speed Been increased from 1.5 to 1.65
-Descriptions fixed for upgrades now stating the right amounts
-Swarm Mind Link
-Now adds +25 Energy Capacity ( Instead of Tissue doing that )
-Body Tissue
-Now gains +1 armour per upgrades
-Carapace
-Carapace Overgrowth now adds +200 and +1 armour
-Carapace Density now adds correctly +3 armour
-Carapace Regeneration now adds +4 regen
-Cocoon
-Cocoon now, when ends creates an Large Acid Cloud ( Damage like all Acid Base, Increases From Acid upgrade )
-Adrenaline Added
-Its a Melee Damage, Speed Booster ability but have side effects, in form of Adrenaline withdraw ( Steam Pack~)
-It's Have a Durration and percentage upgrade, start 10% bonus and upgrades add +1%
-Durration +3 and withdraw Effect Durration +1 ( 30 sec and 3 sec at start )
-Psi Blast Added
-It's an instant, forward directed Blast Dealing 4500 Damage ( 2x Biological ) and able Kill Projectiles ( Nuke )
-Swarm Cloud Polished up
-Enemy Debuffing now works as intended
-Rapid Regen Added
-Regeneration Booster on expence of energy, HP regen at 400%, carapace 200%, energy -100%
-Tentacles
-Tentacles reworked into weapons
-Tentacles Passive adds +4 Tentacles, make number 8 on the Levi
-Warp Rift
-Works Perfectly, attack and direct offensive abilities disabled