Mesk Voice Demo 10

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Mesk Voice Demo 10

Post by IskatuMesk »

Some more recent experiments. Some with background noise, some with pops somehow. I'm not sure why that is suddenly becoming a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQkEK4fWwc
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Re: Mesk Voice Demo 10

Post by Pr0nogo »

Talpharaxx sounds like a very angry gorilla demon, which is pretty epic and 'murica at the same time. A very nice combination. Good delivery, too, and the edits are just subtle enough to boost what your voice already accomplishes.

I might be too familiar with your voice, but that of the Starfallen Ghost seems extremely similar to most of the other voices that were mostly unedited (mostly shit from the last voice demo). It's a good voice, I just feel like I've heard most/all of it before, which takes away a bit from the epic feeling of first encountering a new character. The hasty delivery we hear in the middle of its lines is really cool, though. It definitely helps set the mood and gravity of what the thing is saying.

The Cursed Starfallen seems almost entirely different than the Starfallen Ghost, which is good, and also means that it was a new and unique voice that I hadn't heard before (or at least can't remember hearing before). Great job on that; once again, your subtle edits boos its value.

? ? ? is kind of !??1?!?//1??? I can't quite ??//1!??2? about my >??!?1???/???//??!/!??!?1/?!?!??!?!?!?1/?!?1/?!??1/?!??!???!?!my dick?!??!?!?!??!

tl;dr gerat sutff
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

The ghost has no edits but reverb, consider it an extended test of non-edited acting.

I think I spoke too fast for the last one.
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Maybe that's why it sounded so damn similar.

The last one seemed fine to me, but you know your voice better than I do.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I think of voice acting as rolling waves. Particularly with reverb, the goal of the acting is with the editing in mind, and the goal is to achieve harmony in the waves. Speak too fast, and the waves will clash, as the reverb tails will clash. This can happen with entirely unedited audio - you want the words to be clear and distinct from each other in most circumstances. Since the last voice has a liquidy effect, that has a subduing effect on the waves, reducing the distinctiveness of each word. Therefore, speaking slower and achieving harmony between the motion is even more important.

I will have to practice it a few more times before I am ready.