The planned patch 1.5 (Arcade patch)

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: The planned patch 1.5 (Arcade patch)

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

So, on patch 1.5.3, they finally fixed large banks any half-reasonably. My latest successful test was Mesk, HKS and myself each with a 13000 integers bank and all transferred correctly.

I heard however that the bank timeout could potentially kick in before the intended limits although it's easily a 100x to 500x increase of concrete bank space that can be used. In the past, if you managed to upload 100 integers per player, you were already "good".
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Yeah, they actually addressed a good deal of the fixes.

Aeon of Storms (the big DotA clone in SC2) had taken the unusual step of adding a separate player slot and triggering a drop for them in order to pre-empt the bugs but 1.5.3 fixed that.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ah yes, Ricky was telling me about people intentionally dropping/leaving player 1 during load to crash some performance thing.

That's about as incompetent/broken as I've seen sc2 drop to so far. It's an achievement all in its own. +20 achievement points for the Browder Brigade.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

IskatuMesk wrote:Ah yes, Ricky was telling me about people intentionally dropping/leaving player 1 during load to crash some performance thing.
To be specific, back in 1.5.2, it seems that Blizzard did use some performance tracker that tracked so heavily that it lagged the games down to hell over time. That was only on the US servers as they didn't do it on other servers. A player-discovered "fix" was to crash the performance tracker for the current game by dropping/leaving player 1 during loading.

They did some change in 1.5.0 which some kind of powerhouse computers went horribly slow compared to 1.4.3. Horrible cases like they could had 150-200 FPS on 1.4.3 and got slowed down to 20-30 FPS in 1.5.0. So in 1.5.2, they did had that performance tracking to try to determine the specifics as far I understand ... just they probably went overboard.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Blizzard and "performance" never go hand-in-hand. Ever.