comeplling point.
no
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: Diablo 3 beta

Post by mark_009_vn »

IskatuMesk wrote: Image
Oh wow.... Took me a while to understand that joke...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I've played Hellgate: London, and honestly, same situation: I played it longer than I played D3, and that was before all their patching.

The staff at Blizzard just doesn't know how to prioritize anymore. I lost my interest after finishing D3 with one single character. I didn't even bother with Hardcore because I didn't want to go through boring ol' Normal difficulty, honestly. It's boring, nothing else to say about it.

And what do they decide to do to encourage more gameplay? Add 100 levels of magic find and stats. What would of got me playing again in reality? PvP. Hell, I'll even take old school PvP D2 style.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Speaking of PvP ... I think it's has been almost 4 months later and PvP is still not included. I think they should have been able to release at least a watered down version by now.

Also yes, I played a monk until the end of the normal difficulty and pretty much lost interest too from going much further.

Other than that, Diablo 3 is probably the first Blizzard game I voluntary put aside. I think all other Blizzard games at least were still left installed in case I play them unless I changed to a new computer. That even include Warcraft III which even if there is no more SS event, I still see more value in keeping it installed "in case" compared to Diablo III.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:Speaking of PvP ... I think it's has been almost 4 months later and PvP is still not included. I think they should have been able to release at least a watered down version by now.
Dawg, that's what I just said.. :{
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Lavarinth wrote:Dawg, that's what I just said.. :{

Doh!
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Pr0nogo wrote: Maybe if someone ransacked Vision of the Future halfway through development and made it a product significantly below what you knew you could create, you'd be more inclined to acknowledge Brevik's statements.
No, because I created that because I thought I could do better than Desler. And I'm perfectly content with how it turned out even if I don't want to play it. I just plain don't care what you think.

I don't relate to what crap Breavik is saying at all.

For that matter, a lot of you are taking everything so darn personally, like you're owed something. You paid for a game, you played through it, enjoyed it or not, and for whatever reason can't be happy with that. You're ragging on a game you stopped playing months ago either because you're bored or you happen to agree with 'someone with more authority than you' (which is a load of crap).

I don't have enough time to waste in my life on something like that. I'm not a kid anymore.
If Blizzard North was Penance and David Brevik was the lead vocalist/guitarist (assuming this analogy fits, as Penance without their lead vocalist/guitarist would be Blizzard South after hiatus), please tell me where he comes off like an ass.
Your analogy sucks because what actually happened was you replaced the entire band with a different one and expect the same thing because it had the same name.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

like you're owed something.
I'm owed a quality product. I didn't pay for shit because I wasn't presented with a quality product. Only fanboys buy something they don't like. That's the only reason the company is still in business. Plain and simple.
RazorclawX wrote:I'm not a kid anymore.
lol
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

IskatuMesk wrote:
like you're owed something.
I'm owed a quality product. I didn't pay for shit because I wasn't presented with a quality product. Only fanboys buy something they don't like. That's the only reason the company is still in business. Plain and simple.
Then maybe you need to manage your money better.
IskatuMesk wrote:
RazorclawX wrote:I'm not a kid anymore.
lol
Excuse me while I refuse to massage your ego.
-- Razorclaw X
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I did manage my money. I managed it by not spending it on a shitty half-assed game 10 years out of date in every respect.
Excuse me while I refuse to massage your ego.
Oh, I have no illusions about what you would do if you still had moderator powers.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

IskatuMesk wrote:I did manage my money. I managed it by not spending it on a shitty half-assed game 10 years out of date in every respect.
You clearly have too much time on your hands if you can rant for days about a game you don't even own.
Oh, I have no illusions about what you would do if you still had moderator powers.
It amuses me that you think you're that important in my life.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That I agree with, though ranting is very natural and doesn't consume much of that time.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

RazorclawX wrote:No, because I created that because I thought I could do better than Desler. And I'm perfectly content with how it turned out even if I don't want to play it. I just plain don't care what you think.
It's not very hard to be better than Desler, and I did not ask for how you felt about your own work. I asked about how you would feel if someone else took your work and made it extremely worse in quality. Your response thus distances itself from the topic at hand; a clever tactic against someone who isn't wise to it, sure. You didn't actually levy a response to the statement. You don't have to care what I think, but responding with the venom that you did is rather telling.
RazorclawX wrote:For that matter, a lot of you are taking everything so darn personally, like you're owed something. You paid for a game, you played through it, enjoyed it or not, and for whatever reason can't be happy with that. You're ragging on a game you stopped playing months ago either because you're bored or you happen to agree with 'someone with more authority than you' (which is a load of crap).
I can't speak for those who 'rag on the game' because they agree with someone 'with more authority', because to me that sounds like a lot of ass-talk done by someone who doesn't truly understand what's going on. I can, however, tell you that a game with a following is simultaneously a lot easier to ruin and a lot easier to incite a negative reaction with than a game without a following. The Diablo franchise grabbed plenty of gamers in the action RPG genre - it popularised the genre, for quite a lot of people. What you either failed to glean or succeeded to ignore from my previous post is that there were emotional attachments that a lot of people had to the series. You're not addressing that fact, nor are you addressing the merit of such attachments; you're addressing the attachments themselves. Honestly, only a fool would expect there to be no/minimal negative reactions after what Blizzard did with Diablo III, and only a more foolish one would attack the fans who exhibit such reactions. I personally don't give a fuck about Diablo; I view it as yet another fuck-up on Blizzard's ever-growing list of fuck-ups. I can understand the feelings of those who do give a fuck, though, because it's similar to how I felt about StarCraft II when that debuted. Some of the feelings of angst are without merit, but many of them have substantial arguments for them. Attack the ones without merit and share your feeling with regards to the others if you're determined to victimise the disgruntled fans; don't be downright silly enough to believe that it's all on the buyer if the product is outdated, sub-par, or otherwise below the mark.
RazorclawX wrote:I don't have enough time to waste in my life on something like that. I'm not a kid anymore.
And you would insinuate that we are acting like children, despite your sidesteps and ignorance.
RazorclawX wrote:Your analogy sucks because what actually happened was you replaced the entire band with a different one and expect the same thing because it had the same name.
So if the entire band had broken up and the record label failed necromancy and attempted to raise dead, that'd be a better analogy? Even so, many of the flaws of Diablo III were not shown to the public eye. It'd be akin to the music being released through teasers at first, leading up to the debut of the third record. It still falls on Blizzard/Penance, in the end; they used to deliver products which were perceived as quality, they promised to continue doing so, and they did not hit their own mark. There's little else to discuss. You're the only one who seems to operate under the assumption that the reactions of the fans are only the responsibility of the fans, and not of Blizzard. ::)
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

RazorclawX wrote:For that matter, a lot of you are taking everything so darn personally, like you're owed something. You paid for a game, you played through it, enjoyed it or not, and for whatever reason can't be happy with that. You're ragging on a game you stopped playing months ago either because you're bored or you happen to agree with 'someone with more authority than you' (which is a load of crap).

I don't have enough time to waste in my life on something like that. I'm not a kid anymore.
You honestly sound like the battle.net forum when someone mentions getting a refund. The Blizzard Defense Force gets all defensive and acts like that person is committing murder. Why else would you even bring up HGL with little more than a name drop? Who is taking it personally again?

I kept trying D3 every now and then after updates, don't know about you. The only people I know that are playing still are only doing it because they are making money off it. Not to mention the penalties for grouping in a social game (lol).

D3 screwed up so many core mechanics its not even funny anymore. Maybe they should stop stroking their own egos for a moment. They don't listen to a damn word outside of their own offices or TL superheroes on the payroll depending on the game. Brevik said what the community that wasn't brown nosing the entire time has been saying since beta. The only difference is the source.

It's absolutely hilarious that anyone will step up to defend Blizzard over D3 or the other disasters. Thanks guys for killing the games I've enjoyed/was looking forward to with your incompetence and hostility towards criticism.

Mesk also gets most of the information on the fly from me playing or streaming to him. Like the hideous voice acting and forced story/followers.
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

> i dont even care about this
> go on butthurt posting spree

welp
http://sanctuary-inc.net/