HOTS MLG Beta

EVWeb
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: HOTS MLG Beta

Post by EVWeb »

THEY DESTROYED THE HELLION!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, what retard thinks that by exposing EVERY weak point in a vehicle, it is going to make it stronger?
Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Man, this one answer is making me want to head to Seattle (Or whatever the fuck Blizz) is and slap Kim's face:
StarCraft: Legacy – We know you’re probably going to get asked this a lot. The Tempest and the Carrier are both capital ships. Why the Tempest over the Carrier, at least in the build that’s on the floor at MLG Anaheim?

David Kim – We just feel like the Tempest does what the Carrier does, but better. Because both are siege range units, both attack air and ground, but the Tempest actually has over twice the range of Carriers. So, we just feel that the Tempest is a better version of the Carrier, but the reason why we only have that in the builds today is because we want to make sure that’s how the players feel also. And we are definitely thinking of possibly reverting or making changes to make sure that this change is what everyone wants, not just what we want.
Source: http://sclegacy.com/news/23-sc2/1159-da ... aheim-2012
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Apparently, David Kim did balancing for Dawn of War.

It is no surprise he is utterly incompetent.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

That or someone somewhere is forcing their ideas down the throat of players and the rest of Blizzard must follow.

Although it's yet another case of "Changing for changing" (need to justify expansion costs) to me. Carriers would do fine if it just had a few well-placed buffs.

About the only REAL reason to make such change is that carriers has 8 interceptors thus being 9 moving units instead of 1 thus making the engine looks even less efficient due to much more behind-the-scene usage if it somehow comes to mass carriers vs mass carriers. In the worst case, preventing units from being made similar to SC1 due to too many units.
KnoutOut
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by KnoutOut »

"what everyone wants" ended at chatrooms. And that wasn't even the actual game itself.
Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Krazy »

Looks like Firebats, Arbiters, and Defilers to me.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Not exactly the top fitting thread for this post but anyway ...

Link : http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/657728 ... 5978958171
In our last blog post, we outlined several upcoming online features we’re working on, including clans and groups, global play, resume from replay, multiplayer replay viewing, unranked matchmaking, and language packs. Since then, we've seen some speculation on whether the features would be exclusive to Heart of the Swarm or available to Wings of Liberty players. We want to clarify that all of these features will be available to BOTH Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm owners. You will not be required to purchase Heart of the Swarm to get the benefits of these features.
Falchion

Added Battle Report #3 Video

Post by Falchion »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0dagCjg2SM

WARHOUND PORTRAIT:

Echoes from BR #3:

- Man, I thought portraits in WoL were stupid, but the Warhound's, along with the Protoss, managed to be worse. What the fuck is going on with Blizzard?

- IMO, I think countering this Terran mech was balanced and totally viable, but the P defeat was of his own doing.

- Protoss did an exemplary start but forgot to expand, depended too much on the Tempest's power, used the Oracle or other weapons too little and didn't used the Golden expansion, especially when T began to do that.

- Playing a bio play when Terran's got Sieges is a big time mistake, which I learned the hard way. Unfortunately, that's where he should have stepped up Immortal production.

- Also, releasing a third battle report so far after the MLG, just to keep the hype alive, is definitely some stupid PR move.

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Having daynien cast the Battle Reports is also a stupid PR move.

I played around with some of the new units and they're really not that different than what we already have with WoL, in terms of stupidity. Everything feels like "we're going to justify another 60 dollar title in the lamest ways possible, and we want you to know it."
Falchion

Post by Falchion »

Pr0nogo wrote:Having daynien cast the Battle Reports is also a stupid PR move.
Day9 is technically hired by Blizzard as their bitch, so there's not much to talk about. The problem is the schedule: They released PvZ and ZvT on MLG, but they didn't released the PvT, which was a perfect schedule and would reinforce the unit debates. But no, Blizzard preferred to do it close to german Gamescom. Whoever is in charge of PR in Blizzard is a retard, 'nuff said.
Pr0nogo wrote:I played around with some of the new units and they're really not that different than what we already have with WoL, in terms of stupidity. Everything feels like "we're going to justify another 60 dollar title in the lamest ways possible, and we want you to know it."
I'd disagree. I still think the Tempest and Warhound are the champions of stupidity, while the Swarm Host and Viper are the losers. Losers in the stupidity grade, I mean.

Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Maybe the reason none of them feel like StarCraft is because none of the regular units do, either.