Podcast: Galaxy Code Editing

Comment on our website's front-page headlines.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Podcast: Galaxy Code Editing

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk takes a cup of coffee this time around and hands it over to Master Jademus Sreg, creator oh the popular Photon Cycles, a Tron style StarCraft II multiplayer map. IskatuMesk interviews Sreg in the overall interaction someone experiences with the Galaxy Editor and the issues, or lack of, a well-knowledged coder will experience with Galaxy code. This lengthy interview shares the viewpoints from an all-around experienced mapper, IskatuMesk, and the issues faced when attempting to create a map, in comparison to the greatly different outcome someone like Sreg faces when working on his own projects as someone who understand Galaxy code and having worked in WarCraft III's JASS.

Head on over to our Podcast section to check out our previous podcasts as well, or click here to get listening!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Podcast: Galaxy Code Editing

Post by IskatuMesk »

Well, it's really more than about just coding. I would say it's more of a general overview of making projects, the goals of making projects, and a lot of thinking behind them. General thoughts on sc2, the editor, and difficulties or mindsets people may encounter. Jade gives us some unique insights from his side of the fence in being very experienced and very comfortable with the editor, and eventually we talk a bit about how seeking hype/publicity can be very bad for projects, and stuff like that.

It's a pretty lengthy cast but definitely the kind of in-depth material I like to get into.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

How cute, I got mentioned twice!

However, ConversationStateData and ConversationData have barely anything to do with each other. So there was a slight misunderstanding there.

It was very interesting to listen overall, and yeah, it has more to do with projects, project management, workflow and such rather than galaxy coding. Barely anything mentioned was related to Galaxy.

I really enjoyed the part about hype and Mesk being quite honest on how many of his years as a modder went by.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Man, you guys are on the roll! Lovin' this one too.
Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

I prefer group discussions; perhaps if I'm on again at some point, we could have a party of three or so. The advantage to group discussions is it allows more time to articulate questions and responses without the burden of silence.