Confirmed - Blizzard @ GC Games Convention 2007 - Leipzig!

Moderator: Milldawg

Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Confirmed - Blizzard @ GC Games Convention 2007 - Leipzig!

Post by Marine »

I was checking BlizzPlanet and I read this, cross your fingers it may be for Diablo 3!
Blizzard Entertainment will be at the GC Games Convention in Leipzig. You will find Blizzard at Hall 2 booth E12. The GC Games Convention will happen through August 23-26. View the booth map and look at the bottom-right for an "X". That's Blizzard's booth. There is no official word of what Blizzard is showing there or if there will be any announcements. We will have to wait to find out.

The Drumroll.....

Millions of fans awaited eagerly the announcement of the next Diablo game at Blizzcon. We only got greeted with the announcement of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and a Starcraft II hands-on. Hopefully it is not over yet. After Blizzcon, I commented there were three gaming events remaining on 2007. Unconventionally, there is a GenCon UK on September 2. And of course, October 31 - Halloween. If no announcements are made in those, then we should start to despair. We don't have to wait months to find out. The three events start this week and the next within August: GenCon Indy (August 16-19), GCDC (August 20-22) and GC Games Convention (August 23-26). The last two at Leipzig, Germany.

Paul Sams
Blizzard VP
Business Operations
Now, how important is GC Games Convention at Leipzig? Like I commented post-Blizzcon, GC Leipzig was the place where Paul Sams (Blizzard VP of Business Operations) officially slipped on August 28, 2006 that there were three unannounced titles. Read the 2006 interview over at IGN. Two of them have been revealed already. One is missing.
Paul Sams: "StarCraft is my absolutely favorite game of all time," Sams told us. "As you probably already know, there is no doubt that we will continue the StarCraft and Diablo franchise, and trust me, I will be the happiest person in the world when we announce StarCraft 2."

While Sams wasn't ready to spill the beans just yet, he did say Blizzard "will have a major product announcement in 2007," and that Blizzard was currently working on at least three other unannounced titles at the moment." -- IGN, 8-28-06
Starcraft II was announced at Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals (Seoul, South Korea).

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King was announced at Blizzcon 2007 (Anaheim, CA)

Third Major Announcement (Missing)

Will any of these game conventions be the platform for the next Blizzard major announcement? Hold your breath through what remains of 2007. And cross your fingers. Hopefully, GC Games Convention ends full circle.

One last thing, before Blizzcon, I showed photos of Blizzard employees and freelancers at the article Faces of Blizzcon. Sometimes I throw around hints, heads ups, and hidden easter eggs of what I hear around. Those who went to Blizzcon may have noticed Michael Gough didn't appear. I tagged him as Tassadar (voice actor) in the article hoping some would catch who he was, and on purpose not saying the other role he was known for. However, the Diablo announcement wasn't made at Blizzcon. What few may remember is that Michael Gough was ... voice actor of Deckard Cain. I heard a few days before Blizzcon, that Gough's appearance was cancelled. No further details.

The exhibition halls are opened as followed:
Thu, 23.08.2007 | 09.00 a.m. - 06.00 p.m.
Fri, 24.08.2007 | 09.00 a.m. - 08.00 p.m.
Sat, 25.08.2007 | 09.00 a.m. - 08.00 p.m.
Sun, 26.08.2007 | 09.00 a.m. - 06.00 p.m.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Confirmed - Blizzard @ GC Games Convention 2007 - Leipzig!

Post by Lavarinth »

It's more than obvious they have been working on D3 for years in production stage. (As in not in pre-production, but production as in they actually have content to show.) I say this only because of the replica crew they were hiring that was used to develop D2.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Here's a question - will they fuck up diablo 3 like they fucked up diablo 2 and WoW?
Marine

Post by Marine »

How did they fuck up Diablo 2, I under stand the whole WoW, I dont get how they fucked Diablo 2. It kept with the story.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Marine 382BB wrote: How did they fuck up Diablo 2, I under stand the whole WoW, I dont get how they fucked Diablo 2. It kept with the story.
Runewords.

Nothing in WoW can even remotely rival the death of diablo 2 that runewords brought about.
Marine

Post by Marine »

Ah, forgot all about the runes, its been a few years since I have returned to Diablo 2.
I never used Runewords, i didnt know what the fuck they were.

Are they using runes in WoW: Wrath of the Lich King for the Death Knight?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I hope not. If they did, WoW's loot system would prevent it from being as ridiculous as it was in d2.
Marine

Post by Marine »

Well for the Death Knight you are suppose to engrave some carvings I believe rune carvings into the weapons (just swords and axes) to use for your powers, Death Knights now dont have mana or energy or even rage... wierd though.

I hope we dont see runes in a D3 or WoW. OF course of Open.battle.net runewords are what EVERYONE uses to make their hacks, not jsut weapons the runes make it so if you kill a monster he reanimates as Diablo or BAAL or Mephisto or what-not.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

... You kill a monster and he re-animates as diablo? What the fuck?
Marine

Post by Marine »

That was what happened on open.battle.net. I lost my CD-key for awhile and went on to play still and it is near impossible (1% chance) to get a fair game, someone will join your game and has stacked Auras and everything. I hate that shit, and one guy dropped a rune and i picked it up when tryin to fight Andariel and the rune was like "Reanimates as Diablo" im like what the fuuck?
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

guys, don't you know that diablo 3 is already in the works?
its just that its not called diablo because of copyright issues.
its called hellgate london.
Hellgate: London is a computer game under development by Flagship Studios. The design of the game is similar in a number of ways to the Diablo series. This is due to influence of Flagship Studios co-founders including a number of ex-Blizzard North employees, including Diablo series creators Erich Schaefer and former President David Brevik. The other founders are Erich's brother Max Schaefer, former Blizzard North Vice President Bill Roper, and Diablo II producer Kenneth Williams.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Marine

Post by Marine »

One is that this "Hellgate London" is SIMILAR to Diablo and it is under Flagship Studios which is not with Blizzard, if and when the Diablo 3 game is announced it will be announced by Blizzard NOT this Flagship Studios.
chris

Post by chris »

the makers of diablo 3 were not blissard

the true makers were a company that was bought by blissard during its development of diablo1
blizzard renamed this company blissard north.

blizzard north dissinegrated after diablo 2 was made which is why we have yet to see a diablo 3.
Hallgate london is made by the former memebers of blizzard north.
Hellgate london is the only sequel you will see.

I am 98*% sure that blizzard will not make a diablo 3.
If you like diablo, and want a new story, you're just gonna have to live with hellgate london.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by TPC »

Blizzard is spelt with z's, not S's.

Blizzard also holds the franchise rights to Diablo. Just because Blizzard North was released from their contractual obligations does not mean that Blizzard cannot simply hire a new crew to continue the story on to Diablo 3. They have a track record of revisiting their worlds and expanding upon it. Their three most successful franchies have been Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo.

Hellgate London looks nice, but it isn't Diablo 3.
Blogger - http://www.worldofmatticus.com
Columnist - http://www.wowinsider.com
Marine

Post by Marine »

chris wrote: the makers of diablo 3 were not blissard

the true makers were a company that was bought by blissard during its development of diablo1
blizzard renamed this company blissard north.

blizzard north dissinegrated after diablo 2 was made which is why we have yet to see a diablo 3.
Hallgate london is made by the former memebers of blizzard north.
Hellgate london is the only sequel you will see.

I am 98*% sure that blizzard will not make a diablo 3.
If you like diablo, and want a new story, you're just gonna have to live with hellgate london.
Blizzard North was apart of Blizzard and even though some of the developers of BN left the rest went back to Blizzard down in Irvine, and yes we will see a Diablo game, Hellgate is truly not Diablo 3.