Thinking about Starting a SC2 Campaign

Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Thinking about Starting a SC2 Campaign

Post by Whiplash! »

No promises or guarantees, and I don't even have an idea yet. I may be getting an itch to create one though. I'll be bugging various peeps around here for information and advice. Just figure I'd make a post since I haven't in awhile.

Oh, and I don't play sc2 professionally anymore for anyone that cares :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: Thinking about Starting a SC2 Campaign

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Whiplash! wrote:Oh, and I don't play sc2 professionally anymore for anyone that cares :D
Out of curiosity, what made you change your mind? Since you did gave me the impression you only cared for that and only that for a very very long time.

While you are clearly too late for the campaign contest (in case you might cared), you can check this sub-forum to see what other aspiring campaign creators are doing (mostly SC1 ones) : viewforum.php?f=85

Ultimately, I don't have much advice to give you although I might as well remind you the FFS Event (SC2) is still going if you care about SC2 custom maps.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

Welcome back! :)
But how do you want to create a campaign for SC II if there is literally no support for campaigns AND actually no plans for it from Blizzard itself? To be honest, I wonder how the contest participants want to fix that stupid kind of issue.
Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

i can voice an indian jim raynor for u if u want
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

Eredalis wrote:Welcome back! :)
But how do you want to create a campaign for SC II if there is literally no support for campaigns AND actually no plans for it from Blizzard itself? To be honest, I wonder how the contest participants want to fix that stupid kind of issue.
You can load them by drga and drop into the shorcut.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

I know and how stupid is that, please? T_T
WarCraft III (TFT) came with a campaign editor, why this has to be reinvented for StarCraft II? That is the big question! This ridiculous Battle.net map pool is also a big pile of sh.... and a slap in the face for people who want to create something special and not bog-standard map-crap designed by 12 year olds....
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

Eredalis wrote:I know and how stupid is that, please? T_T.
It really isnt a big deal, seriously. Sometimes I think people like to make drama of every little shit.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

StarCraft II is just stupid in general, and the fact that widespread distribution of maps (not just campaigns, but simple maps) is ridiculously difficult if not downright impossible is hardly 'little shit'. It's quite a flaw in the current system that will no doubt never be addressed in any way.
Eredalis
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by Eredalis »

Alevice wrote:Sometimes I think people like to make drama of every little shit.
Due to my using of strong language I can understand why you say that, but I can assure you:
No, it isn't drama. Either isn't it every little shit. There is just no excuse for a missing campaign editor.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Pr0nogo wrote:StarCraft II is just stupid in general, and the fact that widespread distribution of maps (not just campaigns, but simple maps) is ridiculously difficult if not downright impossible is hardly 'little shit'. It's quite a flaw in the current system that will no doubt never be addressed in any way.
Pretty easy, actually. It's been tested, it's worked, and required the lowest IQ to get it working.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Laconius
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Laconius »

Lavarinth wrote:
Pr0nogo wrote:StarCraft II is just stupid in general, and the fact that widespread distribution of maps (not just campaigns, but simple maps) is ridiculously difficult if not downright impossible is hardly 'little shit'. It's quite a flaw in the current system that will no doubt never be addressed in any way.
Pretty easy, actually. It's been tested, it's worked, and required the lowest IQ to get it working.
So that means only the dumbest person in the world could get the editor to function?
Ours is a thought-tormented age.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Every time I think it's time to do another campaign Starcraft II isn't remotely at the head of the pack.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future