Questions about 2 Achievements

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

zhzch
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Questions about 2 Achievements

Post by zhzch »

I have a problem getting two achievements in 1-4 (witch hunters) and 2-e (one last look).

I wiped out everything in the zande rangers' base including the moonwells in 1-4, well, several times, but it seems impossible to unlock the achievement.

And is anything supposed to happen when I find where Kurumi is in 2-e? She was pretty much just standing there, I have no idea what to do next to get the achievement.

Is there anyone having the same problems?

By the way, thank for the 3rd edition, RazorclawX, it is great.
Drew
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: Questions about 2 Achievements

Post by Drew »

I haven't been able to get the achievement in 2-e (one last look) either. This is the only achievement I haven't gotten. The trigger which marks this achievement as completed checks to see if player #3 brings any unit close enough to Kurumi, however I think that I am player #9, not player #3, so the trigger seems to be bugged.

I've never had a problem with the achievement in 1-4. Did you destroy the pink Zande base or the red one?

Has anyone else been able to get the 2-e achievement?
masterozof
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Post by masterozof »

Actually I Think that you control two groups of teams and kasumi counts as one player Shizuka/ziel counts as the
other player so you just try making someone from both player groups go close to kurumi. If not then ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DO NOT READ BELOW MESSAGE IT IS EXTREMELY FORBIDDEN ( YOU COULD GET EXECUTED FOR DOING IT )
well not really but only do it if really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
really really (5 million reallys later) desperate .

Spoiler
Maybe try editing the map in world edit ( But you'd have to do the campaign over )
zhzch

Post by zhzch »

The one I destroyed was indeed pink. Well...does it have anything to do with the iseedeadpeople cheat?

And about the chaos summoner... urgh...I am starting to think it is an achievement which can only be completed after finishing the whole game once. Let's see about that during the second gameplay.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

The Chaos summoner is actually bugged. I uploaded a new version of Book 2 yesterday to fix that.

The pink base in Book 1, as far as I know, works correctly. It's supposed to trigger when you destroy all the buildings in the pink base except for the Ancient Protectors and the Moon Wells. It's possible the message could get stuck in the trigger queue under certain circumstances, but I don't think it happens in this level.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Drew

Post by Drew »

Zhzch, I think you may be onto something with your post about the book 1 achievement in 'Witch hunters'. The first time I played version 3, the achievement worked perfectly, and I didn't have any problems. The second time, however, the achievement was very erratic when tested.
Although the achievement does exclude moon wells and ancient protectors as stated, it does not exclude buildings that are "dead", like similar triggers in other base-kill missions in WOS do. I think this is why the achievement is so unpredictable. Even though the entire base might be a giant rubble pile, I guess the buildings might still exist somewhere.