Diablo 3 beta

Moderator: Milldawg

Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: Diablo 3 beta

Post by Hercanic »

IskatuMesk wrote:Hitting level 13 actually takes freaking forever it seems. Only Leoric and his event give any shred of experience at all post level 10.
Hm, sounds like they want to give players a carrot to play the same sections over and over again (and thus be proper little testers). Is level 13 an actual hard cap, or is it incidental of no longer gaining any XP in the available areas?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'm pretty sure it's the hard cap but I am not at that point as I get bored around level 10.
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

AA7Dragoon wrote:Even though I've been playing the beta myself, I've still been enjoying watching your coverage of it, Mesk. :D

Sometimes I think Lavarinth is so shy. It's cute.

Can I play with you guys sometime? I've got a Wizard and Monk that still need to hit the level cap of 13.
You have the beta too? wtf.
http://sanctuary-inc.net/
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

mAc Chaos wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote:Even though I've been playing the beta myself, I've still been enjoying watching your coverage of it, Mesk. :D

Can I play with you guys sometime? I've got a Wizard and Monk that still need to hit the level cap of 13.
Remember the earlier comments about fellatio? ... yeah.

Mesk, how do I add you or get in contact when you're online playing?
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Damn. I've got no luck in these bata thingies.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

AA7Dragoon wrote:
mAc Chaos wrote:

Remember the earlier comments about fellatio? ... yeah.

Mesk, how do I add you or get in contact when you're online playing?
I think you'll probably need to add my e-mail or something. You could try adding one of my characters (Gandalf, EEENDIA, IskatuMesk), or my e-mail as a realid (Malkor@gmail.com)
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Gotta use our Battle.net IDs and re-add us all, just for the Beta. It uses a separate copied databse, looks like. Lavarinth@campaigncreations.org is mine.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Lavvz, can I borrow your account for just a day? I'd like to try Diablo 3.

It's okay though if you don't want to.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have to admit that after the Monk video was recorded (I'd already played Wizard and Barb) I felt bored as shit and really have a hard time wanting to finish the rest of the classes. The game is much like Starcraft 2 to me in that it lacks any defining feature and really doesn't have anything that pulls me in. The graphics aren't anything to be pleased about and the gameplay is just too easy. I'm not sure how they're going to stress test anything with such a small group of people who really don't want to run Leoric over and over.

Maybe they should enable PvP?

/e

Added that Wizard video to the OP since there still may be people who aren't subbed.
HelpMe
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by HelpMe »

That sounds really underwhelming. I guess the magic is gone after all.

Some epic ragdoll acrobatics though. I like the water effects, and the environments look nice.

I'll agree that Cain's voice is stupidly overdone, it sounds like a caricature of an old man. It's cartoonish in that sense.

Thanks a lot for the vids, Imma watch the Wizard one now.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

The current beta is easily described as doing the starting area in an MMO 5 times. It's going to be really boring having such a limited amount of the game.

I really don't know how they expect to do any kind of stress testing on the servers with so little to keep anyone occupied. Most of the game mechanics don't even show up until act 2 from what I've heard.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

HelpMe wrote:That sounds really underwhelming. I guess the magic is gone after all.
You realize we're just talking about the fact we've replayed the same area over and over and over again. The first and second play through was fun, but to keep doing it gets old fast. If this were retail, it wouldn't be the same scenario I'm sure.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

As I said, it's hard to make judgements on such a limited area of experience. I'm at the stage where if I'm not feeling threatened by generic monsters I think games are too easy, and the beta is, afaik, not even using a real drop table for rares/uniques seeing as there's a lot of items with no names and only one incredibly shitty unique sword.
bajadulce

Post by bajadulce »

didn't realize youtube could handle such big files? The one video being 3 hours? Excellent recording quality btw. Your vids have come a long way.

As for D3.. mixed emotions that's for sure. Not sure if "3D" is all that its cracked up to be without some kind of sprite support. I guess 20 years from now when we all have computers that can handle thousands of polygons per unit in game, we'll have really detailed units. I still prefer the 3d sprite world to the new WOW look in Blizzard's last 2 releases.

Gameplay... ??? hard to project the rest of the game with just such a small sampling, but it definitely looks watered down in terms of difficulty I agree. I haven't bought SC2 yet, and nothing yet jumps out at me to buy D3. Thnx for uploading the vids tho. Good entertainment.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Well, actually... Starcraft 2 can handle over 100,000 triangles a unit without any problems, it's just that western art direction is really uninteresting. I mean, if you want graphics you're not going to get them from casual-oriented companies like Blizzard anyways.