utub 15 minute limit gone

The source for all things IskatuMesk and then some. From projects, to articles, and even Let's Plays- it's all here for the taking.

Moderator: IskatuMesk

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

utub 15 minute limit gone

Postby IskatuMesk » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 am

It seems that in purging some of my old AO videos I broke/unbroke youtube. It now claims I can upload videos of any length. On top of this, I noticed the 2gb limit is also missing.

What does this mean for future video content? Well, it means that youtube is more viable. However, I don't intend to flood the channel just yet.

I will continue to put LP's on CC. The reasoning for this is simple - more control, higher quality, less hassle.

However, it opens up the possibility of uploading things I didn't want to put on youtube due to their length, like developer logs for 2042 and such. I feel much more confident about making extra productions when I don't have to upload them in 20 parts. Things like video tutorials will flow much easier.

It also means that Black Sun does not need to be a two-part project anymore. It can smoothly and seamlessly flow as one, single motion. The way it should have been from the start.

I fully intend to abuse this with all future casts and such. I will be uploading max length files for all but the most absurd of productions.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Re: utub 15 minute limit gone

Postby Ricky_Honejasi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:51 am

Although be a bit careful about that, that limit can come back like a flash.

I guess my best recommendation is to try uploading in big quantities at once to allow more videos before the limit could kick in again. Also you might want to try the Java uploading method (managed to upload 4+ gig) over the HTML uploading (max 2 gig) as well.

EDIT : Also the Java method seems to eat a tiny less global upload which makes browsing sites considerably less of a pain while uploading. Although that's presuming you don't have a bandwidth limiter of any kind (seems hard to find).

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Postby Lavarinth » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:33 am

It can? WHAT SAY YOU, RICKY?! Explain yourself!
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

Topic author
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Postby IskatuMesk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:51 am

I've been told that so much as deleting a video can reset the limit. Youtube is broken like that in so many different ways.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

Return to “The Doackendium”