WoW Legendary Staff boss Volcanus

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

WoW Legendary Staff boss Volcanus

Post by RazorclawX »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKaiuRADOc

Starts from opening the portal to the Anvil, the fight with Volcanus, and the roleplay following. Volcanus overall is very easy, but he was by no means one-shot as an attempt was needed in each phase to truly understand what was happening.

Much of the night was spent assembling the key fragments to open the portal:

Lord Rhyolith: very easy. All you have to do is pick up dirt piles around his arena and then have him stomp on the assembled fragments.

Beth'tilac: very difficult. This one involved many, many wipes simply because of my unfamiliarity with the web portion of the fight. Not only that, but the quest item had a tendency to despawn if I didn't find it quick enough.

Alysrazor: very easy. Two waves of hatchlings were necessary to retrieve all the fragments, and then it was simply a matter of dropping them under Alysrazor before her energy reached 100 after the flameout.

Shannox: I'd place this between Beth'tilac and Alysrazor in difficulty. It actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. You get one fragment from one broken crystal trap, so we actually triggered the traps ourselves and broke them. There was a running bet that I would get killed by the spear, but I survived easily.

The roleplay at the end, however, was rather unsatisfying.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future